#1 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,499 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 October 2018 - 03:54 PM

A year or two ago now, someone I did not know asked me if I would like to try some Extracted Psylocin. I was pretty skeptical as I know it oxydizes very fast and is hard to keep and store. I figured I would indeed like to try some so I said yes and they sent me I think ten straws full of honey and psylocin. It's been a while but I think each one was supposed to be equal to a gram (I think) of mushrooms. Anyhow at the time I did two of them to see where it stands, and got a very mild tingle that I figured was mostly my imagination and not much more from them.  I ended up giving three of them to a friend and never heard back one way or the other, and I stuck the other five down in my magical box and forgot about them. 

Last night about 1 am, I was sitting here fairly drunk and had put my guitar away for the night. I was digging around looking for an old bottle of Diclofenac, whish is what the doc gave me when I hurt my back and came across these straws. I figured wtf, and snipped the ends off with some scissors and slurped up the honey, thinking surely they were too old and that anything that was in them would be broken down. I was pleasantly surprised about five to ten minutes later, as everyone on TV started taking on green shadows. 

In no time at all, I would say within 15 minutes, the pictures were distorted and the bed was breathing. The dog was staring at me like he knew i was tripping, and when I closed my eyes, I was taken over by fractal beauty. It came on fast and hard with no body load whatsoever and was one of the cleanest and most enjoyable experiences I have ever had with any mushroom product. The wife was ready to go to bed about a hour and fifteen minutes after I started (She had no idea I inbibed) and I shut the lights off and just lay here for a couple hours watching the dancing figures in the dark room. It was absolutely enjoyable as it could be, and today I woke up refreshed and happy and ready to take on the world. 

I have no idea who it was who sent me these things, but if you happen to be reading this, THANK YOU for the wonderful saturday night!  Can't believe I had these things laying around all that time. Just thought I would share the experience as it was a very nice and enjoyable one! 

• onediadem, Xerces, bmmjb and 8 others like this

#2 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 428 posts

Posted 07 October 2018 - 04:25 PM

Interesting story. I hope the producer is still around to tell us how they did the extraction etc...

#3 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,499 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 October 2018 - 09:28 PM

I wish I could remember who it was who sent them to me so I could thank them. Wish I knew how it was done too. Interesting and very clean experience. If I knew how to do this, I think I would do that with every mushroom I get for the rest of my life. What an agreeable way to knock them back! I was impressed!

• onediadem likes this

#4 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,685 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 October 2018 - 09:34 PM

That is awesome. I wish you knew who did that up also. Perhaps they will peek in and we will find out. I wonder if the honey keeps them from oxidizing.

• Coopdog likes this

#5 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 12,937 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 October 2018 - 10:40 PM

Another reason to hope the bees survive.

• onediadem, PJammer24 and Pipeline like this

#6 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,499 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 October 2018 - 01:02 AM

It very obviously DID keep it from oxidizing. This was at least a year or more ago. Very enjoyable experience. The reason for making this thread was to hope someone would speak up or get back in touch at least, because I LOVED those straws! ;) 

Edited by Coopdog, 08 October 2018 - 01:03 AM.

• onediadem and coorsmikey like this

#7 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,101 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 October 2018 - 10:20 AM

With the collective brain power and ingenuity found on this forum, which is substantial in my opinion... I think we can probably figure it out... Polyphenols, which are antioxidants, are present in raw honey... If the honey is the unknown variable, seems easy enough to recreate this on our own.

Different than grain alcohol extractions I am familiar with. Could this extract the psylocin alone? Can any of you chemistry buffs provide some insight?

Step One:
 stir 15 grams of dry ground mushrooms in 200ml solution of vinegar and water at a ph of 2.0 and a temperature of 80F for an hour and half.

Step Two:

slowly strain in unbleached coffee filter and repeat step again twice more with 100ml of 80F vinegar water solution you want to get all possible alkaloids. the second two times dont have to be as long.

Step Three:

you should now have a beautiful almost 80% pure psylocin elixer at this point and now its time for the defat.

add 50 ml of naptha and turn end ove end 30-40 times opening the seal every so often to release pressure. pull off the naptha with a turkey baster and discard. i would do this twice or more depending on the purity of end product desired.

Step Four:

in a seperate jar mix a basic solution of 200ml water and enough baking powder to achieve a ph of 8.0. this will be slowly added to the acidic solution containing the psilocin (this takes an incredible amount of baking powder and doesnt like vinegar at all so anothe way to push the alkaloids into the solvent would be much apreciated)

Step Five:

add 50 ml of 80F naptha into your now 400ml solution and roll 40 times then pull of the nap and repeat 2 more times.

all alkaloids will be in the very top layer of the naptha so be sure to pull from the surface with your turkey baster.

Step Six:

evap and enjoy apparently quite pure psilocin crystals.

https://www.shroomol...oom-extraction/

If this works??? idk... Its different than grain alcohol extractions I am familiar with.

• Coopdog, SteampunkScientist and Oam like this

#8 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,692 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 October 2018 - 10:33 AM

A couple of things - instead of baking soda, I would use diluted lye (as you would in a Dimitri A/B extraction) you will need a lot less!

While a turkey baster does work, the large hole tends to let the highly non-viscous naptha to dribble out before you get it to another container. You can use a syringe as well, however a separatory funnel is the best solution to this.

I would evap this in a vacuum chamber if you have one available simply to remove the very high possibility of oxygen reaction turning your actives into inactive blue dye- its also much faster - but of course you are evaporating a flammable vapor, so this may be unsafe with most off the shelf vacuum pumps. 

So another way is to have a little tube connected to a jar full of vinegar and baking soda that constantly dribbles a small stream of CO2 onto your evaporation dish as the CO2 will not react with the crystals as they form.

This ought to work, but - do you want to enjoy those crystals before assaying them to insure what you have is indeed psillocin?  I would, at the very least, do several searches for successful extractions.  I know that some have claimed successful extractions with just plain water - but again, I am highly suspicious of how this did not break down the psillocin - because it is highly reactive with oxygen.

It might just work to take a mushroom tea, put it in the vacuum chamber and do a fast evap that way.  No heat required and the vacuum pulls all the oxygen out along with the water vapor.  Now, you will probably get brownish crumbles rather than pure crystal this way.  Still, mix the brown crumbles with honey, and I am pretty sure you will enjoy yourself!

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 08 October 2018 - 10:42 AM.

#9 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 1,959 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 October 2018 - 10:37 AM

Nothing extracts better than water. Any tek That's claimed crystals outside a commercial lab has always been debunked.

But you wouldn't need crystals if you're just trying to get the actives into honey.

It could as simple as reducing tea and mixing with honey.

I don't believe it was pure psilocin.

Honey should preserve well.
  • SteampunkScientist likes this

#10 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,692 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 October 2018 - 10:50 AM

Here is an interesting link on the subject with quotes from non other than Dr. Shulgin on DMT Nexus.

https://www.dmt-nexu...g=posts&t=44293

And another from the Fanaticus site called "Crystals of the Gods Extraction"

http://www.fanaticus.com/mycoalki.htm

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 08 October 2018 - 10:56 AM.

#11 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,101 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 October 2018 - 10:58 AM

Nothing extracts better than water. Any tek That's claimed crystals outside a commercial lab has always been debunked.

But you wouldn't need crystals if you're just trying to get the actives into honey.

It could as simple as reducing tea and mixing with honey.

I don't believe it was pure psilocin.

Honey should preserve well.

This was my thought as well, that it was not pure psilocin... 

Edited by PJammer24, 08 October 2018 - 10:59 AM.

• SteampunkScientist likes this

#12 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,692 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 October 2018 - 11:08 AM

Yeah, the tea extract is going to leave the "fats" in there - which the A/B extraction will remove.  Interestingly Fanaticus claims the alcohol extract will pull fairly pure crystals if you remove the amber alcohol from atop the white crystal snowflakes - this would probably be a good case for a freeze extract and then just reuse the amber alcohol over and over until the crystal start turning amber - then either discard or drink it up knowing that you are going to get a bit of body load on that.

If I get enough "extra" I will probably try this in the future.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 08 October 2018 - 11:08 AM.

• Pipeline likes this

#13 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 1,959 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 October 2018 - 11:18 AM

That crystals of the gods tek was the first to be debunked. The crystals aren't pure at all.
  • SteampunkScientist and Pipeline like this

#14 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,692 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 October 2018 - 12:14 PM

Good to know.  Any info on what they turned out to be?

#15 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 1,959 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 October 2018 - 01:29 PM

Sugars.

#16 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,499 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 October 2018 - 03:17 PM

Like I said this was a long time ago, but seems he said something about doing it with water. Might not have been pure psylocin, but no complaints on the end product whatsoever. It was plenty silly enough for me, and the length of the experience and positive afterglow left me with no doubts to the nature of the experience. It was more like an Ovoid or Cyan experience than a cubensis one, but the love was certainly there. He also said as long as you don't waste time getting the goodies into the honey you are good to go. Said it is not "Instantly" oxidized by any means. I discussed that very idea with him because I was very skeptical in the first place from what I had read on here. 

Edited by Coopdog, 08 October 2018 - 03:18 PM.

• PJammer24 and SteampunkScientist like this

#17 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 1,959 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 October 2018 - 04:08 PM

Nope, doesn't oxidize instantly. There's even still psilocin in dry mushrooms. I just don't think its possible, or necessary to separate the two.
Maybe a water extraction that included something in an attempt to dephosphorlyze the psilocybin to increase psilocin.

#18 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,692 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 October 2018 - 01:57 PM

Seems like the simplest, fastest, easiest way to make ethanol extract would be to get everclear 191, and put fresh mushies in, then freeze, exploding the cell walls, and then the water in the mushies just mixes with the alcohol, bringing the actives with it.  Filter, squeeze, and enjoy!  And you could probably repeat this several times with the same jar of ethanol to get it nice and...."active".

• coorsmikey and Pipeline like this

#19 Pipeline

Pipeline

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 240 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 03:02 PM

Yeah Steam. I like it. Simple. Proven effective. No need to reinvent any wheels there. After all, reinventing wheels is how we get super “effective” things with no unintended consequences. The pharmacy is full of reinvented wheels. I’m all for improving things but sometimes it doesn’t get any more solid.

#20 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 12,937 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 October 2018 - 03:12 PM

I used to soak and grind them in saliva, and then put that mash into a warm container of hydrochloric acid.  Seemed to work most times.

• Coopdog, SteampunkScientist and Pipeline like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!