• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 coleman318

coleman318

MycoStudious

• Free Member
  • 524 posts

Posted 08 October 2018 - 10:15 AM

Hello mycotopians, I had a friend who bought bark to do a rue + mimosa combo but he was reading up on it and he said the intensity was probably too much for him so he gifted me with a small amount of powdered bark.

5EC25D92-4A8A-453C-9A65-1E0B7F7D8401.jpeg

I followed Gordotek on YouTube. Since I have no chemistry background and never have done anything like this ever Before, reading all the steps without basic chemistry knowledge I was bound to run into “gimme” where it’s not told because it’s basic knowledge. So following s video that uses very basic tools, pie plates, Saran Wrap, stainless steel spoon, stainless steel filter, coffee filters, cheesecloth optional plus all the solvent bases and acid.

After freeze precipitation in the freezer for 4 hours, final evaporation of solvent for two hours m. Scrape up and enjoy. I was very surprised by how white the spice is for my first attempt / I did not do a cleanup or Re-x and I don’t think I will need to.
( I waited two and s half days before doing the first pull) which from ~37 grams of mimosa my first pull was 0.25 grams I would say.)

The spice has been tested, probably 15mg dose trying a new pipe with the metal fitting at the end you heat up and touch a glass plate and vaporize it. The come up was gentle but the trip was as intense if not more than my last one less ringing in my ears but the patterns and colors were just as intense. It honestly sparked a lot of past memories on LSD from family on that thick blank notecard paper whoever is printing on that it’s always been awesome very kind and gentle even at face melting doses.

I think I am going to have to smoke some in the weed pipe on top of weed to get a couple back to back hits unless I can vaporize a large quantity in one hit with the metal dongle and glass dish.

Ps. I forgot to weight it so I had to dump out of container and some was left in on the sides and a little on the pie plate still very minimal amount though.

72D35262-34D3-4F90-8B8B-F20ABC64157F.jpeg A71094B1-1A68-4133-9402-389F34752B75.jpeg 8A2331A7-E2F6-4336-BC5A-2258788885B9.jpeg 70BADF6F-D6A2-4223-B906-E63771881E56.jpeg A3E3C0AE-9CE4-48EB-83F2-9FAC8B77E0F3.jpeg BC80C724-F89D-4005-B169-BC96CAA4215A.jpeg 721DE806-AD15-4F34-BFCF-23A97FA6D192.jpeg

Edited by coleman318, 08 October 2018 - 10:58 AM.

• PJammer24, Nitegazer, wharfrat and 1 other like this

#2 coleman318

coleman318

MycoStudious

• Free Member
  • 524 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 10:24 AM

The spice has been tested, probably 15mg dose trying a new pipe with the metal fitting at the end you heat up and touch a glass plate and vaporize it. The come up was gentle but the trip was as intense if not more than my last one less ringing in my ears but the patterns and colors were just as intense. It honestly sparked a lot of past memories on LSD from family on that thick blank notecard paper whoever is printing on that it’s always been awesome very kind and gentle even at face melting doses.

Did I say nice and gentle, bush Wacker’s I must of only gotten a threshold dose after reading up on how much vapor each full hit can contain. Traditional vaping methods that is say a bubble where you can’t dab it all at once on a nail or something of that nature. So if one full hit is 15-20mg then I assume I didn’t even get that because it was so sparse the way I had tried doing it. I’ve been doing a lot of reading and I don’t know if I am going to go for two hits and get into the tunnel / waiting room or go for the 3 hits to try and break through.

What I was trying to get at was I smoked probably twice what I originally did and I was not in a fantastic mind state now that I look back on it. I had a few things on my mind and I was not super crunched on time but enough to have an effect on me. I wanted it to be over right when it begun. But I had to muster up and try and surrender. Definitely going in with more time and reflecting further before doing it again .
  • wharfrat and essrocks like this

#3 spakk

spakk

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 73 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 12:40 PM

Since you mentioned GordoTek, you may find this newer video helpful:

[Direct Link]

#4 Nitegazer

Nitegazer

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 02:34 PM

Beautiful crystals, Coleman! Looks like you did a great job on your first attempt. Yield for the first pull was respectable-- not sure if you did a second or third pull, you might be able to get another .2 grams or so.

I think DMT has been my favorite ethnogen to test boundaries with. If smoking with a weed pipe, consider making changa-- a very lovely way to imbibe.

• PJammer24 and wharfrat like this

#5 coleman318

coleman318

MycoStudious

• Free Member
  • 524 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 05:42 PM

Perfect thank you for the replies, I know what it is but I don’t know what it is like I have not read up on it . I can imagine a quick google search will answer my questions on the Changa. I was worried because I thought it made it last longer and right now duration is not something I’m wanting to extend until I reach a place of comfort or familiarity. Heck maybe it takes the edge off and is more manageable I will read up unless you have something of importance I should know about!

#6 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,226 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 October 2018 - 10:14 PM

Hello mycotopians, I had a friend who bought bark to do a rue + mimosa combo but he was reading up on it and he said the intensity was probably too much for him so he gifted me with a small amount of powdered bark.

attachicon.gif5EC25D92-4A8A-453C-9A65-1E0B7F7D8401.jpeg

I followed Gordotek on YouTube. Since I have no chemistry background and never have done anything like this ever Before, reading all the steps without basic chemistry knowledge I was bound to run into “gimme” where it’s not told because it’s basic knowledge. So following s video that uses very basic tools, pie plates, Saran Wrap, stainless steel spoon, stainless steel filter, coffee filters, cheesecloth optional plus all the solvent bases and acid.

After freeze precipitation in the freezer for 4 hours, final evaporation of solvent for two hours m. Scrape up and enjoy. I was very surprised by how white the spice is for my first attempt / I did not do a cleanup or Re-x and I don’t think I will need to.
( I waited two and s half days before doing the first pull) which from ~37 grams of mimosa my first pull was 0.25 grams I would say.)

I think I am going to have to smoke some in the weed pipe on top of weed to get a couple back to back hits unless I can vaporize a large quantity in one hit with the metal dongle and glass dish.

Ps. I forgot to weight it so I had to dump out of container and some was left in on the sides and a little on the pie plate still very minimal amount though.

attachicon.gif72D35262-34D3-4F90-8B8B-F20ABC64157F.jpegattachicon.gifA71094B1-1A68-4133-9402-389F34752B75.jpegattachicon.gif8A2331A7-E2F6-4336-BC5A-2258788885B9.jpegattachicon.gif70BADF6F-D6A2-4223-B906-E63771881E56.jpegattachicon.gifA3E3C0AE-9CE4-48EB-83F2-9FAC8B77E0F3.jpegattachicon.gifBC80C724-F89D-4005-B169-BC96CAA4215A.jpegattachicon.gif721DE806-AD15-4F34-BFCF-23A97FA6D192.jpeg

excelent, them some pretty Talz  :wub:

• PJammer24 likes this

#7 coleman318

coleman318

MycoStudious

• Free Member
  • 524 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 11:32 PM

Since you mentioned GordoTek, you may find this newer video helpful:

[Direct Link]

Very cool video, very informative and I am going to try some of the things he mentions about looking around loving your eyes and head to look behind you. Visuallizing walking into the next room and looking back at yourself on the bed or what not. Anyways if you are curious about DMT and you haven’t seen this video, what are you waiting for it’s awesome!

#8 Nitegazer

Nitegazer

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 07:06 AM

t I don’t know what it is like I have not read up on it . I can imagine a quick google search will answer my questions on the Changa. I was worried because I thought it made it last longer and right now duration is not something I’m wanting to extend until I reach a place of comfort or familiarity. Heck maybe it takes the edge off and is more manageable I will read up unless you have something of importance I should know about!

Changa will smooth out the experience a bit if the leaf has maoi. The duration is extended, but only by five or so minutes. There is a more gradual come up, and a more gentle come down-- recommended. Definitely do some reading, but I think you'll like it. If you infuse the leaf, just be sure you don't end up smoking any solvent.

#9 coleman318

coleman318

MycoStudious

• Free Member
  • 524 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:17 AM

Of course thanks manga

#10 coleman318

coleman318

MycoStudious

• Free Member
  • 524 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 11:13 AM

So I am so not sure how much I took before I just think it was threshold since it wasn’t very colorful and it was more like floating on grids or basic patterns in a sea of cosmic bliss similar to coming up on high mushroom doses with the grids and patterns constantly morphing and moving up and down but on DMT I feel thrown in the middle of it rather than observing from my eyes, almost like an overwhelming body sensation more than eye lid movies. All the simulation videos of dmt with fractals, tunnels, never was moving forward / thrusted just more stuck in a sea of patterns. Does this sound like threshold dosing? I am preparing for another go. I am going to use 4 Top songs from Ed sheeran than talks about love and embrace, I think it should help from what I watched on the Gordotek low mystical dose video.

EA3E289A-FA61-4181-B923-D124A47B1219.png

Edited by coleman318, 10 October 2018 - 11:14 AM.

#11 coleman318

coleman318

MycoStudious

• Free Member
  • 524 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 12:26 PM

I have heard a lot about the salt tek in addition to whatever tek you are using for extracting spice. Increasing the yield or making it so that you get more out of the next yield. If I have already done a pull and the bark is in a patty on pie plate covered with Saran Wrap. It should be doing another pull tomorrow mornin. How do I go about incorporating this salt tek! Literally just add table or rock salt (food grade) to the paddy mix it in wait another 10min or so then do the same pull as I normally would ?

#12 Nitegazer

Nitegazer

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 01:15 PM

The salt tek puts strong ions in the water so more of the non-polar DMT molecule is pushed into the solvent. Aim for about 5% salt by weight of water. It does not need to be rock salt, table salt is fine, just make sure it doesn't have iodine in it.

Nice mix, though I don't tend to listen to music when journeying, especially music with words. When I go deep, there is an insect-like music that comes from the dmt itself.

'Threshold dose' is a fairly subjective concept -- I think if your sense of self and place remained intact, it was threshold. You can loose ego and both observer and observed in hyperspace when you break through. If you are enjoying what you experienced so far, you'll be fine going deeper.

Edited by Nitegazer, 10 October 2018 - 01:18 PM.

#13 coleman318

coleman318

MycoStudious

• Free Member
  • 524 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 04:47 PM

The salt tek puts strong ions in the water so more of the non-polar DMT molecule is pushed into the solvent. Aim for about 5% salt by weight of water. It does not need to be rock salt, table salt is fine, just make sure it doesn't have iodine in it.

Nice mix, though I don't tend to listen to music when journeying, especially music with words. When I go deep, there is an insect-like music that comes from the dmt itself.

'Threshold dose' is a fairly subjective concept -- I think if your sense of self and place remained intact, it was threshold. You can loose ego and both observer and observed in hyperspace when you break through. If you are enjoying what you experienced so far, you'll be fine going deeper.

Thank you for the kind encouragement and for explaining why salt works.
I was just coming to post my experience, i was using a bubble and put what I thought was 50-60mg by the total amount I had at a quarter gram. Eyeing out a fifth of the the powder or quarter is definitely not reliable and I wouldn’t say wreckless because you can only vaporize so much at a time in a bubble. I took three hits total the last one I milked much stronger. Was not by any means big hits since the first two werent milked hard enough I don’t believe. So I had thought I had committed to three hits until the third hit I realized I didn’t get enough on the first two I decided to just set the pipe down and experience what I did. I’ll have to take a picture but I am assuming I only got 20mg ish.
The experience was more comfortable as I was still aware of myself and my box of visuals I was in. This threshold dose room I am getting more familiar with and I can just understand and not freak out AS much before going into it. Takes me an hour of meditating to get to a point of commitment of any size dose due to nerves.

The experience was not super bright and colorful but the basic grid like patterns or simple geometrical twists were a lot more intricate but still kind of “shadowy” not vivid but earthy / dull. It was much more close to my field of view as I wasn’t observing grids from a distance but riding the side of this band kind of like the game of thrones intro but it was not round it was twisting in a certain way I don’t know yet how to explain. Felt the vibrations as I came close to this band as it crossed right in front of my vision. Way more detailed or I just was able to pay a little more attention. It was a giant band that was twisted in a figure 8 like pattern and on the comedown as I became more aware of my body and limbs I was still getting great imagery that was faint but still great.
The music was calming and grounded me in the box of visuals I could easily use it to calm myself through the experience. I am assuming as I go further I will not use music like you said and others I have read audio hallucinations is part of the journey.

Edited by coleman318, 10 October 2018 - 04:51 PM.

• Pipeline likes this

#14 coleman318

coleman318

MycoStudious

• Free Member
  • 524 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 06:00 PM

Back to the chemistry portion, when I go for my second pull I am going to reuse the naptha I decanted after freeze precipitation and add fresh to get back to the original 100grams of naptha? When it starts to discolor is when I should “stop” pulling with it?

Since I am only lightly agitating the bark with a spoon I don’t know how discolored it will get after 4 pulls but we will see. “When the naptha goes from cloudy to clear in freezer, the process has finished” (unless wanting to grow x-talks).
So within a minute and a half from pulling out of freezer I got the naptha decanted off, would there only be a tiny amount of spice in the naptha if it is clear ? So using fresh naptha doesn’t matter unless you are trying to be ecologically responsible? Which I do want to be.

Edited by coleman318, 10 October 2018 - 06:06 PM.

#15 Nitegazer

Nitegazer

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 10:47 AM

Nothing wrong will yellowed naphtha-- its mostly dyes and trace fats. It makes a lot of sense to use the same solvent for the second pull, since you probably didn't precipitate all the goodies out the first time. Don't worry if nothing precipitates on the second pull, the solvent may not be saturated enough. If nothing falls out, evap about 1/3 of the naphtha and put back in the freezer.

After you are done with the extractions, you can clean up the naphtha by running it through activated carbon if you want. I usually re-use it for 3 or 4 times (without filtering) and then put it in a Tiki Torch .

• coorsmikey likes this

#16 coleman318

coleman318

MycoStudious

• Free Member
  • 524 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:01 PM

Nothing wrong will yellowed naphtha-- its mostly dyes and trace fats. It makes a lot of sense to use the same solvent for the second pull, since you probably didn't precipitate all the goodies out the first time. Don't worry if nothing precipitates on the second pull, the solvent may not be saturated enough. If nothing falls out, evap about 1/3 of the naphtha and put back in the freezer.

After you are done with the extractions, you can clean up the naphtha by running it through activated carbon if you want. I usually re-use it for 3 or 4 times (without filtering) and then put it in a Tiki Torch .

Now that is responsible! Now that I have spice And more bark and acacia on the way the most yield per extract isn’t necessary. But it’s good to have a measure of your performance somehow. Does yellowed naptha that has been carbon filtered lose its ability to hold peak amounts of dmt? Or does it only discolor the final product slightly?

So you are saying if I start with too much naptha or don’t evaporate it down enough before freeze precipitation the crystals will not fall out? Good to know. I think I read that but now it’s drilled in there. Thank you

Edited by coleman318, 12 October 2018 - 11:03 PM.

#17 coleman318

coleman318

MycoStudious

• Free Member
  • 524 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 12:25 AM

There is probably 20mg left in the bubble but it is slightly yellow / tan now and it’s been exposed to heat and open oxygen for five days. Is this going to provide a different experience,. I remember hearing stuff about jungle spice turning into nitrous oxide dmt? Or something or the sort it’s actual chemical name I do not know. Anyways I could just smoke it I was going to add more in there I think. I don’t really know what to compare it to much from my 4 light doses

#18 coleman318

coleman318

MycoStudious

• Free Member
  • 524 posts

Posted 14 October 2018 - 02:15 PM

Okay, so a friend and I took a mushroom trip last night and I tried a new tea method, well I tried simmering in a pot for an hour but I didn’t push all the magic out of the mushroom and I barely got psychedelic effects. But I did 3.5 hours in smoke DMT with my buddy and I will say even though I was not tripping on mushrooms it definitely had an effect on the dmt experience. Everything was more intricate than my past dmt trips and the visuals were way more colorful. It literally felt like sex i was listening to music and definitely was not trying to go too deep. But my friend had his first experience and really really had a great time. Anyways I could say that the mushrooms almost slowed down the dmt trip and made it more manageable from what I experienced. I did smoke only 20mg though. A lot of spinning and rotating machines but not in a dark way.

I was crying and I couldn’t stop saying it’s so beautiful. It was truly a great experience regardless of not going very deep.

Edited by coleman318, 14 October 2018 - 02:18 PM.

• coorsmikey and Nitegazer like this

#19 Nitegazer

Nitegazer

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 12:09 PM

Now that is responsible! Now that I have spice And more bark and acacia on the way the most yield per extract isn’t necessary. But it’s good to have a measure of your performance somehow. Does yellowed naptha that has been carbon filtered lose its ability to hold peak amounts of dmt? Or does it only discolor the final product slightly?

So you are saying if I start with too much naptha or don’t evaporate it down enough before freeze precipitation the crystals will not fall out? Good to know. I think I read that but now it’s drilled in there. Thank you

Sorry to have spent the weekend away. 

Carbon filtering clears up the yellow, and will also remove any residual fats, etc. in the naphtha. It will not color the naphtha because it won't dissolve or go into the solvent. It just cleans stuff up.

If your concentration of freebase in the solvent is too low, it may not freeze precipitate.

• coorsmikey likes this

#20 Nitegazer

Nitegazer

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 12:11 PM

There is probably 20mg left in the bubble but it is slightly yellow / tan now and it’s been exposed to heat and open oxygen for five days. Is this going to provide a different experience,. I remember hearing stuff about jungle spice turning into nitrous oxide dmt? Or something or the sort it’s actual chemical name I do not know. Anyways I could just smoke it I was going to add more in there I think. I don’t really know what to compare it to much from my 4 light doses

The yellowed DMT will probably not affect the exerience much. Totally fine to add more on top.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!