Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

My friend is at my house officially losing his mind...

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,599 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 October 2018 - 03:27 PM

I let a friend stay with me after he sent some very odd text messages with photos of people messing with his car behind his house... Then a photo of someone trying to climb up to the 3rd floor where he lives... All of the photos were taken through the window during rain...

I just got a text from him at my house saying there is a boy and a girl in the house. Apparently the guy is wearing a white hat... Again, photos through windows!!

I asked "Why not photos of the people? Why always through windows??"

His response "They are practiced at this shit!"

Keep in mind, no one but me knows he is there!!

He claims... That liquid benzo is the only thing he has taken but I can not believe this... I don't have time for this kinda stress in my life and when I suggest he do what it takes to clean up, I am going to get backlash!!

All I want from life is a little peace and serenity!!

I don't see people? Do you?

grant window

• Soliver, -=Zeus=-, wildedibles and 1 other like this

#2 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,385 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 October 2018 - 04:05 PM

Sounds to me like a textbook case of methamphetaminie psychosis - if that motherfucker doesn't sleep, get him out of the house man!  Life's too short for people who poison themselves to the point of seeing ninjas through windows ...

Hopefully your bedroom door has a lock on it.

The local tweakers LOOOOVE the benzos, as they think it makes them "normal." 

I'm not a big "war on drugs" guy, but that shit - along with the analogs / bath salts - are scary AF.  You can almost reason with someone coked to the gills, but that other shit?  Scary. 

Anyway, that's what it sounds like to me, man.  Be careful.

"Never turn your back on a drug."

H.S. Thompson ...

:)

soliver

• onediadem, wildedibles, Juthro and 3 others like this

#3 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,599 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 October 2018 - 04:14 PM

I think it is a research chemical of some sort... bath salt blah blah blah

• onediadem, Soliver and wildedibles like this

#4 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,385 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 October 2018 - 07:37 PM

There was a point in my life like 10 years ago when that trend started, and I thought "hmm .. my as well check it out while it's legal."

I never did, and man am I glad for it.

soliver

• onediadem, -=Zeus=- and wildedibles like this

#5 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 16,397 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:33 PM

There are quite a few homeless folk here where I am at that are ate up with stupid on that shit. Quite a few are vets who waste their entire checks on it and stay homeless. Tragic. There is no reasoning with a meth addict. It totally changes their brain chemistry, permanently too.

• Soliver and wildedibles like this

#6 Pipeline

Pipeline

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 247 posts

Posted 10 October 2018 - 09:40 PM

There is so much nope there. I’d pump the brakes on being asleep with that kind of nope around. Stay vigilant and hopefully they find the help they need.

I also hope you get the peace and serenity you need in life.

Cheers
  • onediadem and wildedibles like this

#7 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,599 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:20 AM

Ok, Ok, Ok.... I spent some time with him last night and I now have a different opinion on what is going on here... He isn't doing uppers, he is relatively relaxed and when I am at the house, he is pretty much normal. As soon as I leave the house he locks himself in his bedroom, even when I am just running down the street to the farm....

I got some more details. Apparently he was just off his depression meds for a month and has been back on for a week or so. He suffers from major depression syndrome. He has also been taking Kratom and started self medicating with a liquid benzo when he was off his meds.

He is suffering from paranoid delusions and I think it has to do with a combination of his major depression, kratom use (which apparently can cause delusions which I didn't know), and self medicating with this benzo... He had been using these substances in a sober living house where he had been living and I think that using mind altering chemicals in an environment where he knew they were not allowed contributed to his paranoia and the shift in his thinking... I am hoping that being out in the country with someone he trusts and feels safe with will help him to recenter. I am also hoping that after being on his depression meds for a couple weeks he will start to improve.

Just to add some perspective... He thought his truck was steering funny and that his brakes were fucked up (because someone messed with his car in the night). I took it for a drive and it was perfectly fine. When we got into the car for me to take it for a drive the buckle for his seat belt was caught in the door, he immediately said "THEY took the buckle from my seat belt!"... He clearly has had a break from reality.

He is not combative. He considers me a trust worthy and safe person to be with. Most importantly, he views me as level headed and reasonable so when I suggested that these things were not really happening he did not shut it down outright. He said that there is a chance I am right and agreed that if this continues for more than a few days, we should consider finding a professional for him to talk to. he agreed with me when I said there was absolutely no reason people would be trying to mess with him since he doesn't do anything to warrant that. BUT... When I said that I was the only person who knew where he was and that he was in the middle of NOWHERE, he said (and I can't help but chuckle), "They followed my phone with GPS!"... LUCKILY, after I gave him the bro you're completely nuts look, he said: "but that is highly unlikely"...

Is there a way to upload panoramic photos to the site? On a brighter note, he took an awesome photo of the sunrise coming over the distant hills from my deck... 

Edited by PJammer24, 11 October 2018 - 08:46 AM.

• Soliver and wildedibles like this

#8 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,599 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:33 AM

Nvm, I got it....

sunrise medium

Gasp! This is how I maintain my mental health!

Edited by PJammer24, 11 October 2018 - 08:34 AM.

• onediadem, Soliver, -=Zeus=- and 4 others like this

#9 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,539 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:44 AM

There are quite a few homeless folk here where I am at that are ate up with stupid on that shit. Quite a few are vets who waste their entire checks on it and stay homeless. Tragic. There is no reasoning with a meth addict. It totally changes their brain chemistry, permanently too.

My cuz admitted the addiction after smoking a laced joint ..... hes been threw alot .... I agree its a bad drug when it turns your life upside dpwn

#10 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,539 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:52 AM

Nvm, I got it....

This is the kinda thing your buddy needs to find drug prob / mental health ..... you need to find joy in life .....when I get paranoid It can help me to be more cautious but some people have trust issues and paranoia can be dangerous from drugs or the mind .....my friends that have helped paranoid people have woke up to thoes people having a knife out like they are gonna stab them ..... dont be afraid to call for help before that happens this is a way you need to hep sometimes find support / mental health hospital etc .....

#11 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,539 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 October 2018 - 09:06 AM

Ok, Ok, Ok.... I spent some time with him last night and I now have a different opinion on what is going on here... He isn't doing uppers, he is relatively relaxed and when I am at the house, he is pretty much normal. As soon as I leave the house he locks himself in his bedroom, even when I am just running down the street to the farm....

I got some more details. Apparently he was just off his depression meds for a month and has been back on for a week or so. He suffers from major depression syndrome. He has also been taking Kratom and started self medicating with a liquid benzo when he was off his meds.

He is suffering from paranoid delusions and I think it has to do with a combination of his major depression, kratom use (which apparently can cause delusions which I didn't know), and self medicating with this benzo... He had been using these substances in a sober living house where he had been living and I think that using mind altering chemicals in an environment where he knew they were not allowed contributed to his paranoia and the shift in his thinking... I am hoping that being out in the country with someone he trusts and feels safe with will help him to recenter. I am also hoping that after being on his depression meds for a couple weeks he will start to improve.

Just to add some perspective... He thought his truck was steering funny and that his brakes were fucked up (because someone messed with his car in the night). I took it for a drive and it was perfectly fine. When we got into the car for me to take it for a drive the buckle for his seat belt was caught in the door, he immediately said "THEY took the buckle from my seat belt!"... He clearly has had a break from reality.

He is not combative. He considers me a trust worthy and safe person to be with. Most importantly, he views me as level headed and reasonable so when I suggested that these things were not really happening he did not shut it down outright. He said that there is a chance I am right and agreed that if this continues for more than a few days, we should consider finding a professional for him to talk to. he agreed with me when I said there was absolutely no reason people would be trying to mess with him since he doesn't do anything to warrant that. BUT... When I said that I was the only person who knew where he was and that he was in the middle of NOWHERE, he said (and I can't help but chuckle), "They followed my phone with GPS!"... LUCKILY, after I gave him the bro you're completely nuts look, he said: "but that is highly unlikely"...

Is there a way to upload panoramic photos to the site? On a brighter note, he took an awesome photo of the sunrise coming over the distant hills from my deck...

This sounds good... But keep your parrinoia up a bit
I'm glad you're friend is seeing the truth within the delusion sounds like the meds are working

Why pain meds? There is different plants and stuff for pain then krantom
Keep the trust and support real bud ......I'm here all the time if you need to talk but don't forget important numbers

#12 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,599 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 October 2018 - 09:09 AM

Nvm, I got it....

This is the kinda thing your buddy needs to find drug prob / mental health ..... you need to find joy in life .....when I get paranoid It can help me to be more cautious but some people have trust issues and paranoia can be dangerous from drugs or the mind .....my friends that have helped paranoid people have woke up to thoes people having a knife out like they are gonna stab them ..... dont be afraid to call for help before that happens this is a way you need to hep sometimes find support / mental health hospital etc .....

He worked the night shift last night and was fine at work. He just got back to my house and it started again. He says he starts hearing voices when he gets home but never when he isn't at home. He just said he doesn't understand why he can be OK everywhere else but not in the place where he is living. He is talking about taking himself to the hospital so he is with it enough to realize that something isn't right.

There are no sharp knives in the house. I am just moving back into my cottage after 8 years of having it rented out... All the firearms are over at the farm. I am not overly concerned with him hurting me or threatening me... I am in pretty good shape and could subdue him easily in hand to hand combat.... 

I have been watching Napoleon Dynamite and working on my nun-chuck skills... Girls like guys who have skills!!

• Soliver, wildedibles and Pipeline like this

#13 Pipeline

Pipeline

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 247 posts

Posted 11 October 2018 - 09:33 AM

Nvm, I got it....

OMFG I’m so jelly. That’s such a sweet spot. I’m so glad to hear the news about your friend and although I’d have my foot on the brakes, I see why you feel better about the situation. I really hope he gets help and that he finds his way back. I sincerely do hope you find the peace and serenity that you need in life and that cycle of needing / giving / receiving help continues.
  • wildedibles likes this

#14 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,539 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 October 2018 - 10:41 AM

maybe at work hes too busy mind is ocupied .... like when im doing something i like and keeps me busy i dont feel the pain .... the mind is a mysterious thing ;)
.... Im glad they r open to the hospital
  • PJammer24 likes this

#15 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 15,025 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:21 AM

I live in a nice spot too.  

gallery_131808_1351_38033.jpg

On this site though, is a man I have known all his life, and I have gotten to see him move gradually into what is diagnosed as disorganized schizophrenia.   He went from being a brilliant student of mathematics and a coder for several top computer corporations to pretty much totally disabled, beyond washing dishes for his mother, who feeds him.   I helped build him a tiny house to live in here.   The onset of his condition was in his twenties, though there was always quirky stuff there.  

So anyway, I was wondering how old your friend is.   I have been reading that some forms of schizophrenia (a catch-all term for many conditions that are very poorly understood) can be remedied by change to a gluten free diet.  That in these cases, it's just a slight gluten intolerance, not the totally allergic level, that seems to trigger the symptoms.   Sadly, the man here that we deal with can't be told anything, and will eat what he wants.  So, though I would love to see if such a dietary change would work for him, I'm not getting the chance.  

I am on a gluten free diet, and it's not easy to do in this culture.   But I thought I would just toss this out anyway. 

Edited by Alder Logs, 11 October 2018 - 11:22 AM.

• wildedibles, PJammer24 and Pipeline like this

#16 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,599 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 October 2018 - 11:31 AM

I live in a nice spot too.  

gallery_131808_1351_38033.jpg

On this site though, is a man I have known all his life, and I have gotten to see him move gradually into what is diagnosed as disorganized schizophrenia.   He went from being a brilliant student of mathematics and a coder for several top computer corporations to pretty much totally disabled, beyond washing dishes for his mother, who feeds him.   I helped build him a tiny house to live in here.   The onset of his condition was in his twenties, though there was always quirky stuff there.  

So anyway, I was wondering how old your friend is.   I have been reading that some forms of schizophrenia (a catch-all term for many conditions that are very poorly understood) can be remedied by change to a gluten free diet.  That in these cases, it's just a slight gluten intolerance, not the totally allergic level, that seems to trigger the symptoms.   Sadly, the man here that we deal with can't be told anything, and will eat what he wants.  So, though I would love to see if such a dietary change would work for him, I'm not getting the chance.  

I am on a gluten free diet, and it's not easy to do in this culture.   But I thought I would just toss this out anyway. 

Nice photo Alder!

My friend is certainly quirky and has a very interesting mind...  He thinks differently than many which is one of the reasons we get along. He says he was attracted to me for the same reasons but I am not that interesting. I just think logically and make people laugh by spinning things in a clever but cheesy way...

he is a spelling Bee champion and is just generally intelligent and able to problem solve but he also gets trapped in his own head and isolates. I get the impression that when stuck in his head, he just digs deeper and deeper until it causes him issues.

I have done some reading on schizophrenia the past couple days and though the symptoms are similar, it would be really late onset for him. He is in his mid to late 30's. For men, it usually starts in the late teens and early 20's... Anything is possible but I think schizophrenia is unlikely. From what I have read, both the depression syndrome he is diagnosed with and kratom, which is surprising, can produce delusional episodes. Since he was recently off his depression meds for a month and has only been back on them for a week or less, I think it could be a perfect storm of these two things.

I was just talking to him and he says that when he is outside he is fine, when he is walking he is fine, when he is working he is fine, but when he goes into the house he hears voices. I suggested he turn off the dehumidifier and the fan in the basement, play some good vibe tunes, and try to relax!

• wildedibles and Pipeline like this

#17 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,539 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 October 2018 - 01:20 PM

all great ideas .... add more veggies

and good to note that really brilliant / creative people can have mental health issues

do they have a hobyor something that cn keep them busy at home till the meds straighten out ??
  • Juthro likes this

#18 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 2,599 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 October 2018 - 02:00 PM

and good to note that really brilliant / creative people can have mental health issues

do they have a hobyor something that cn keep them busy at home till the meds straighten out ??

he briefly dabbled in mycology and he is helping me whip this house back into shape to where it is suitable to further those pursuits...

He is a photographer and is the one that took the photo I posted above. He has been taking a lot of photos. I gave him some books to read that deal with meditation and eastern philosophy as well as one about the Stapleton expedition to Antarctica and another about finding la Ciudad Blaca, The White City, City of the Monkey God in Honduras.... He is currently sleeping after working overnight and I have trying to keep him busy.

Another friend of ours will be staying at the house after Friday and I have another friend coming through tomorrow for a brief stay... Having people around is the key right now I think... My goal is to distract him long enough for his meds to level him out!!

• Soliver, wildedibles, OldBear and 1 other like this

#19 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,539 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 October 2018 - 03:39 PM

he briefly dabbled in mycology and he is helping me whip this house back into shape to where it is suitable to further those pursuits...

He is a photographer and is the one that took the photo I posted above. He has been taking a lot of photos. I gave him some books to read that deal with meditation and eastern philosophy as well as one about the Stapleton expedition to Antarctica and another about finding la Ciudad Blaca, The White City, City of the Monkey God in Honduras.... He is currently sleeping after working overnight and I have trying to keep him busy.

Another friend of ours will be staying at the house after Friday and I have another friend coming through tomorrow for a brief stay... Having people around is the key right now I think... My goal is to distract him long enough for his meds to level him out!!

#20 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,385 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 October 2018 - 03:39 PM

That a sweet spread - great photo - I've never seen a panoramic pic before; it's poster-like  :)

Glad to hear your friend is just losing it with his own brain chemicals and not weird shit ... get that boy back on the meds!

soliver

• wildedibles likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!