11 replies to this topic

#1 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,370 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 October 2018 - 01:42 PM

So....  Friday night, after a brief discussion with one of my buddies about how a mycology focused dating site would be sweet, we decided to have a competition... We both se up POF accounts to see who could garner the most attention... I was just on the phone with him and I am slightly ahead in profile views, though it is REALLY close... BUT!! He is absolutely CRUSHING me in messages received....

He has like 5-6 messages from people in two days which seems crazy to me...

I have received only one.... It read as follows:

Vixon2772:    "Just so you know, 'I'm nutty as a chanterelle' is not an attractive trait or a conversation starter. What is a Chanterelle anyway?"

To which I responded:

ME:   "What is a chanterelle you ask? I will happily explain... Before I do, what is your definition of a conversation because this sure seems like one..."

So, I have come to the conclusion that I am ok with my buddy having more success on the site than me... These simply aren't my people!!

• onediadem, coorsmikey and SteampunkScientist like this

#2 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,585 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 October 2018 - 01:56 PM

I think saying, 'I'm as nutty as a Chanterelle', is better than saying, 'I'm nuttier than a squirrel turd'. 

But what the hell do I know, I haven't been in the game for a long time.....

• onediadem and PJammer24 like this

#3 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,305 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 October 2018 - 08:36 PM

Wow. Best of luck with that lol.

#4 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,828 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 October 2018 - 11:21 PM

I've got to wonder what kind of responses you would get if you called yourself "A Mycotopian".

Just a random thought........................

It has a nice ring to my ears.

But then again, I have not dated since 1986, and there was no such thing as internet dating sites like today. Hope this goes well eventually PJ, maybe a quality match is better than a lot of mis matches....................

• Juthro likes this

#5 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,601 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 October 2018 - 11:22 PM

You mean this isn't about fishing? 

Never mind.

• PapMyc likes this

#6 DonShadow

DonShadow

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 303 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 October 2018 - 01:23 AM

Looking forward to hearing more about your results. Fungi might actually be the original dating app. You may have better luck with #Tinder...

Edited by DonShadow, 23 October 2018 - 01:24 AM.

#7 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,601 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 October 2018 - 11:35 PM

(says a guy who still laughs at body noises)

I have an old friend who says, "Farts are proof that God has a sense of humor."

• Juthro and DonShadow like this

#8 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,305 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 October 2018 - 02:56 AM

After following along with your posts, I really didn't get the impression it was a big dick contest, or anything derogatory towards women in general.. Trust me, I would have been raising hell had I thought you were being an asshole.

I do appreciate the guys here looking out for the ladies. I don't think there are many of us left here now and I would hate to see them leave or discourage them from joining either. Chivalry is certainly not dead here. Thank you.

• Coopdog, Juthro and DonShadow like this

#9 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,370 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 October 2018 - 07:55 AM

I don't like to play with emotions... But I do like to play with words... Words are more fun than most of my toys...

I only started the thread because I liked the chanterelle/conversation starter exchange...

I also told a different user, who's photo was a Stealie, that while on POF, you have to "watch each card you play and play it slow"...

I have mentioned that I am a published poet haven't I?? 4th grade, two haiku's... That's right folks.... I have arrived!!

#10 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,370 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 October 2018 - 07:59 AM

After following along with your posts, I really didn't get the impression it was a big dick contest, or anything derogatory towards women in general.. Trust me, I would have been raising hell had I thought you were being an asshole.

I do appreciate the guys here looking out for the ladies. I don't think there are many of us left here now and I would hate to see them leave or discourage them from joining either. Chivalry is certainly not dead here. Thank you.

I have two little sisters and I love my mummy... I am respectful in nature...

Edited by PJammer24, 24 October 2018 - 07:59 AM.

#11 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,370 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 October 2018 - 10:28 AM

I wish there were more women on here... I have internet crushes on all the ones that are! I can't help it!! I think that any girl on here is either super cool and super smart or is cool and smart on their way to being SUPER cool and SUPER smart... Smart being defined as an accumulation of knowledge in this case, educated may be more appropriate but I preferred the iterated "S"...

I internet crush on Dani also...   :wub:  :hug:  :cool:

• onediadem and Coopdog like this

#12 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,370 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 October 2018 - 10:45 AM

and onediadem... which I have made clear in previous threads...!   :blush:

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!