Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Not sure where I stand... with the law...

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 October 2018 - 01:26 PM

I may have mentioned some of this before but I have been considering things from a new angle. A close friend of mine was murdered in a San Fran hotel room last January by a family we knew... The whole situation is really F'd up and what it shakes down to is that family got involved with some hardcore mofo's, they crossed them, and they were willing to do just about anything to keep from falling down the well...

My buddy got caught up in the middle of it. He had made some mistakes of his own but was out there on a mission to make things right and was doing better than he had been in a decade... It's really sad...

Anyway, here is my dilemma... 

Detectives are meeting with friends of mine to get some context regarding the family that did it... My friend's former fiance won't talk to them (she would probably be the most helpful) but his brother and a couple of my friends are planning to sit down with them...

i am not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, I say to myself, "These guys murdered my dude!! I didn't sign up with this shit to be ok with murder..." On the other hand, I say to myself, "You completely signed up to not talk to 5-0"...

His brother and my couple friends (one of which is locked up right now) have justified it by saying that murder is different. While I agree with them, that it is different, I don't know that I could use that to justify a candid discussion with SF homicide detectives at a starbucks over free coffee...

IDK.... I am torn.... I said count me out on the free coffee / meet and greet... I am fairly confident with that decision but I loved this kid... IDK, it is tough...

Part of me wishes they didn't get arrested that same night in their Petaluma home so I could square up with them the old fashion way... 

I'm angry, sad, confused, and torn...   :angry:  :mad:  :chucks:  :bat: ........ :meditate:

• Juthro likes this

#2 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,582 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 October 2018 - 01:39 PM

Sorry for your loss brother.   I can see the dilemma, and I sympathise with you.   I don't like the popo, they are not my friend, but they do have their place. 

It's a tough call, but I would say murder is different, and I would likely at least listen to what the man had to say.

#3 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,593 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 October 2018 - 02:01 PM

Talking here is often akin to hitting a wasp nest with a stick.   It is part of a chain reaction, the course of which is probably impossible to predict, and good outcomes rare.

#4 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 October 2018 - 02:05 PM

Talking here is often akin to hitting a wasp nest with a stick.   It is part of a chain reaction, the course of which is probably impossible to predict, and good outcomes rare.

"here" as in mycotopia or "here" as in this situation?

My thoughts were that I am best remaining in the shadows.... Any attention is bad attention has been my perspective...

#5 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,593 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 October 2018 - 02:07 PM

The situation, of course.

#6 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 October 2018 - 02:13 PM

Just had to check... ;)

#7 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,894 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 October 2018 - 03:30 PM

The details you've given aren't sufficient to determine if your friend was dirty or righteous, a victim or a player in a dirty game.

The old saying goes - if you lay down with dogs you get up with fleas.

I'm generally ok with the idea of dealing with cops in the case of murder. I don't want people who would do murder for money, or murder over money, or murder for no good reason at all walking the streets where I live. Murder is as low as low gets and anything goes after murder.

In most other circumstances I stay away from them except for reporting traffic accidents with injuries or burlary in process kind of things.

• onediadem and coorsmikey like this

#8 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 October 2018 - 03:40 PM

The details you've given aren't sufficient to determine if your friend was dirty or righteous, a victim or a player in a dirty game.

The old saying goes - if you lay down with dogs you get up with fleas.

I'm generally ok with the idea of dealing with cops in the case of murder. I don't want people who would do murder for money, or murder over money, or murder for no good reason at all walking the streets where I live. Murder is as low as low gets and anything goes after murder.

In most other circumstances I stay away from them except for reporting traffic accidents with injuries or burlary in process kind of things.

he was out there to make things right with them and break ties... If that helps...

he didn't wanna associate with them any more so he planned to get square and move on... The details have been murky, my understanding is that they caught wind that he had already associated himself with someone else... They planned to rob him because of it and move on but he fought back... They ended up killing him and trying to wheel him out of the hotel, as he was dying, in a wheel chair...

They are trash, this much is true.... I never cared for them, especially the wife, she is a c***... Just sucks that he was trying to move on from a period of bad decisions and gets killed while he is doing awesome...

They plead not guilty... I am pretty sure they are trying to flip the 19 year old son who was involved.... IDK, it sucks... Whole thing is just shitty....

#9 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,593 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 October 2018 - 04:03 PM

[Direct Link]

• PJammer24 and Juthro like this

#10 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,894 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 October 2018 - 04:26 PM

you could anonymously write the cops and tell them what you know.

don't touch anything without gloved hands and don't do it online or even with your computer

if they know what you know they might be able to do a work-around and get to the bad guys another way.

if they're as shitty as you say you don't want to be a witness or testify in court

Edited by pharmer, 24 October 2018 - 04:27 PM.

#11 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 October 2018 - 04:28 PM

food for thought....

#12 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 15,286 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 October 2018 - 07:23 PM

If you were not a witness, and you were not there, then you have no obligation. What you do know will just be regarded as hearsay at this point because you really do not know what happened. It is speculation only. For all you know he could have flipped shit on them. I hate that he was a dear friend and that has to weigh heavy on you. The only thing you could offer is to be a character witness.

• Soliver likes this

#13 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,894 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 October 2018 - 08:00 PM

Correct. He cannot be a witness to what happened at the scene but he can provide background info on the circumstances and the players. Once the cops know Who they can generally get to What and Why - if they want to.

#14 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 October 2018 - 07:08 AM

I had this lengthy response written last night and it didn't post for some reason... Something to do with Tor at home... I have decided to just let it be I think...

Does anyone know why I keep getting signed out of Topia while on Tor from home?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!