• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 233 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 02:08 PM

As you can see I set up a new GH. I made one huge mistake though. The USonic Coolmist Humidifier I got had a digital push button. That means that when I put it on my timers, after if shuts off, it will come back once. The second time, no more mist.

So right now I have it on the bottom shelf running on low 24/7. Its propped up above a very short but long and wide tub filled with wet perlite. The back is sealed to the tub, the sides have strips of kite tyvek spanning the distance from the tub to the side of greenhouse, so the only openings are the bottom of the front where I have to leave the zippers free.

The Humidifier is positioned so its intake sucks air from the outside, I push it up against where i leave the zipper up about 6 inches, Fits nicely, so alot of the humid air is fresh air.

I tried cutting slits and using a fan from the outside for fae bc this way the tops of my trays were becoming covered in myc piss. But the heater nearby the fan caused even more condensation and made the prob worse.

Now I installed 2 80mm CPU fans. One on basically the top left, ducking air in, and the other near the bottom blowing air out. They run 15 min every hr, and the mist is always on still.

Now I don't get condensation and myc piss everywhere, but I have no idea if I am drying them out either... The hpoo block I had in a growbag started pinning EVERYWHERE for its 2nd flush so I took it out of the bag, placed it on a mesh type riser, and the pins are still developing nicely after a day and a half.

I have the option of upping the mist, but 15 minutes is the smallest increment I can fan due to my timers. If i wait longer for the fans condensation starts to get all over the wire rack shelfs.

Basically, do you think I have it dialed in? One meter says 65, though I'm pretty sure it's broken, another shows between 80 and 90 when the fans are off, and goes down to 70 when the fans are on. Another digital I have shows 100% and the wet warning all the time. Fans on or off. LoL

Opinions please. Oh yeah the temp is at a constant 72degrees. The room has finally gotten to a stable temp all around due to the little space heater I have on the opposite side of the room on another timer.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20181024_235954.jpg
  • 20181025_000020.jpg
  • 20181025_000004.jpg
  • 20181025_000135.jpg

Edited by Deleena24, 25 October 2018 - 02:13 PM.

• Myc and PJammer24 like this

#2 Fulano

Fulano

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 08:30 PM

I tried the same exact setup before but ran into 2 problems. The humidifier wasn't potent enough to keep that size tent humid, and the fans that happened to be at the same exact spot as yours, were drying out the sub. So I added one more humidifier to the top shelf faced towards the back so I wouldn't get water on the sub either. I also moved the fans to the bottom of the tent so I was working with the middle shelfs pretty much. The humidifiers weren't as strong as they needed to be for that size greenhouse but I was able to get decent flushes from it. Even grew some edibles in it. But that was just my experience

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

#3 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 233 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 12:14 AM

It looks like my trys are still a tad wet if anything. I had to clean up a lil piss from the 6qt container nearest the top fan. Others look perfect. The unit I'm using is surprisingly strong, and I can always try upping the settings to medium then hi before changing things.

BTW the fans I am using are wired to USB cords, and I could only grab dollar store wall units to plug them into atm. That means they're running at 1.0 volts. Very slow. Venting the very thick mist seems pretty even, and like I said I am not worried about too little humidity, but too much.

I hear most people are running theirs for 15 or 30 min at a time then nothing for a full hr, then repeat the cycle.

If it really is too dry my tray will stop pissing completely and some shrinking will happen around the edges, no?

#4 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 12:30 AM

Metabolites are always a response to a contaminant. Most likely bacterial. Better to leave it, its how mycelium. Fights bacteria. It does it so well it's been used to create antibiotics to fight e. Coli. Healthy mycelium gets inoculated with e. Coli, the metabolites are harvested.

Shrinkage should be expected from a healthy substrate, not necessarily indicative of too dry.

That being said, I'm guessing you still need a bit more FAE and a bit less humidity. I don't think you need to worry about too little humidity unless you stop seeing any condensation inside the chamber.

#5 Cue

Cue

Chat Head

• OG VIP
  • 8,286 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 October 2018 - 07:14 AM

Throw the fans and cool mist away. They are going to get enough FAE just by opening them once a day to check on them.

Second thing is your substrate only has to be damp; about as damp a PF mix. A thick sub with a min of 1/3 coir will get you through atleast 2 flushes. Any damper and you run a greater risk of contamination.

Substrate should also be above 7.0pH.

Lastly stand the martha up vertical. Not its side like in the picture.

Once you get the hang of it green houses are the easiest way to grow.

Sent from pay phone using a quarter

#6 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 233 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 09:07 AM

I don't know if you're being serious when you say stand it up vertical...it is.

And there is no way I'm throwing out the fan and coolmists. Already tried without em. Rh holds at 55%. Have you ever used a greenhouse?

So leave all the piss on the top? Even of its pooling?

How will the substrates ever pin without the evaporation trigger?

Can I just throw some dry sterilized verm on top of the trays? Just sprinkle enough to soak up extra wet spots?

#7 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 01:37 PM

Pay no attention to Cue. He's grumpy. And probably naked. But he does know what he's doing.

Pooling has me wondering, that does sound extreme. Use your best judgement, hard to say exactly without actually seeing.

A light casing might help.

#8 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 233 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 02:10 PM

Deleted. Same post as below except no pics.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20181026_135823.jpg
  • 20181026_135941.jpg

Edited by Deleena24, 26 October 2018 - 02:43 PM.

#9 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 233 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 02:40 PM

First shot is of a block taken from a bag after its first flush. I dunked it, put it back in the back, and saw knotting, and this was right after I got my martha to current settings.

As you can see it see it seems to be doing pretty nicely after putting it in the GH. Forgot to mention it was originally only one half pint PE spawned to 1lb of Outgrows hpoo.

The second shot is of the piss I'm talking about I think it has alot to do with the substrate not being completely flat. It is higher on one side of the tub a little than the other. Oops. It seems to be getting better though.

If I do make a modification I will put the mister on the top shelf elevated by one of those wire crate things like I have the block on. I can take off the top attachment and let the mist just fall down over everything, or point it at the back. Keep in mind it's still on low. Still have medium and hi settings.

However, since the block is doing well, should I leave it for now until the block is done at least?

And why does the app keep turning my pics. They're fine before I upload.

#10 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 03:09 PM

Unless things look otherwise too wet, let it run a few days, keeping an eye on it of course.

Can't explain the glitch. But I've found if you do any kind edit first. Even a minor cropping, and the pictures load correctly.
  • Deleena24 likes this

#11 NotFadeAway

NotFadeAway

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:36 PM

Subscribed! I've been running an identical setup for about 6 months. Ditch the cool mist humidifier. Mine burned up after bout 2 months after running to high of humidity. Get one of these and run the humidifier outside the tent. https://www.amazon.c...f=yo_pop_ma_swf I found its much more efficient and easier to fill. As for Fae I have a small clip-on fan towards the bottom of my Greenhouse which really only stirs the air around. I need a more efficient way of bringing FAE into the tent. Love your setup I look forward to chatting with you more.

#12 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 233 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:30 PM

I put a bit of polyfil in the cap to catch the mist and now I'm running the cool mist 24hrs a day.

The fans are on for 15 min, off half hour, repeat. Things are working very very well. Pinsets went from only on the sides and bottoms to what I show you.

All that FAE is very beneficial. The ATL#7 and Tampanensis are even doing well, without any drying of substrate. Meaning no misting and no need to open either.

I with the bit of polyfil in there I only need to refill once every 2 days instead of every day.

#13 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 233 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:30 PM

I put a bit of polyfil in the cap to catch the mist and now I'm running the cool mist 24hrs a day.

The fans are on for 15 min, off half hour, repeat. Things are working very very well. Pinsets went from only on the sides and bottoms to what I show you.

All that FAE is very beneficial. The ATL#7 and Tampanensis are even doing well, without any drying of substrate. Meaning no misting and no need to open either.

I with the bit of polyfil in there I only need to refill once every 2 days instead of every day.

#14 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 233 posts

Posted 09 November 2018 - 01:40 PM

Nice pinsets. Every level works, my ATL7 was on the bottom but moved to the top after they started pinning, and I have trays on every shelf doing well.

Check out my other threads to see the ATL#7 and Tampanensis and more pics. These are PF classic. I dont want to spam pics on each of my threads, just prove the setup works well.

I also have the humidifier on the top shelf elevated about 4 inches, so out points toward the back so it hits the plastic then spreads everywhere. It helps with pooling in other parts of the chamber.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20181109_123133.jpg
  • 20181109_123137.jpg

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!