My jars still have not done much at all. Except one that has a green dot. :(

#22 Amanita Versicula

Amanita Versicula

Sanity Within

• OG VIP
  • 236 posts

Donator

Posted 29 October 2018 - 06:25 PM

You are good throwing them in the same space... If they are going to be contaminated, the damage is already done...

Set and forget... for a little....

not sure what tupperware thing you are trying, but I have a friend who tried over and over again to do a "tupperware thing" with the microwave and he never had any success with anything but trich... Good Luck though!

TUPPERWARE (PLASTIC) in a MICROWAVE~ ARE NOT "CONDUCIVE" to keepin ANYTHING STERILE--or any other reason other than "WE HAVE BEEN LIED" TO~by the FDA etc etc+

PLASTICS LEECH "PLASTIC" and though U don't see IT~or even know IT~it's there+

i cannot believe the LIES we have been TOLD about MICROWAVES & ALSO PLASTICS+

~keep drinking that bottled water sitting in the sun outside the GROCERY CHAINS!

I use mine for heating COFFEE-that i am NOT EXPECTING ANY "NUTRITIONAL VALUE" from~

just my 2¢

#23 Turdly81

Turdly81

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 224 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 09:33 AM

Got my first spot of fuzz!! Its so little tho.

#24 Turdly81

Turdly81

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 224 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 09:35 AM

You are good throwing them in the same space... If they are going to be contaminated, the damage is already done...

Set and forget... for a little....

not sure what tupperware thing you are trying, but I have a friend who tried over and over again to do a "tupperware thing" with the microwave and he never had any success with anything but trich... Good Luck though!

TUPPERWARE (PLASTIC) in a MICROWAVE~ ARE NOT "CONDUCIVE" to keepin ANYTHING STERILE--or any other reason other than "WE HAVE BEEN LIED" TO~by the FDA etc etc+
PLASTICS LEECH "PLASTIC" and though U don't see IT~or even know IT~it's there+
i cannot believe the LIES we have been TOLD about MICROWAVES & ALSO PLASTICS+
~keep drinking that bottled water sitting in the sun outside the GROCERY CHAINS!
I use mine for heating COFFEE-that i am NOT EXPECTING ANY "NUTRITIONAL VALUE" from~
just my 2¢

I agree with you about the lying. I look at my mom taking all her meds that she cant live without. It makes me so mad. She might need a few of them but she takes close to 20 daily. Some to make others work better.
  • Amanita Versicula likes this

#25 Turdly81

Turdly81

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 224 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 09:40 AM

Also will fluctuating temp hurt anything? Like 75 during the day and 70 at night?

#26 coleman318

coleman318

MycoStudious

• Free Member
  • 524 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 10:08 AM

I have been on these boards since 2006, put in a half asses effort in college with an all in one grow bag, which for a beginner did not work very well for me.

Fast forward to 2018 and I had quite an amazing 2-4 years of cleansing from pretty much all mind altering substances except for Buprenophine (prescribed for addiction and chronic pain, 5 titanium rods in my right leg from a car accident six years ago.

So it’s 2018 I have been off almost all substances I feel great life is going pretty good but I have a desire to grow mushrooms. Which I have already made my mind up that taking psychedelics in a respectful manner (if you don’t... usually you get your ass licked with a lesson) should not be considered a change in my sobriety date.

But getting back on point, the constant back and forward in your head as you are coaxing these guys along stages of their life can be challenging when new because everything is just so new and you want the best and you are doubting yourself constantly. I will say that this actually did induce a lot of anxiety within myself almost like when you get into a new relationship and you are constantly tripping over the other person waiting for a response, etc...

The anxiety got so bad for me I ended up going to the dispensary and buying a joint to blow off steam / achieve a psychedelic experience (which I did) but now I have been smoking for 6 months with no real restraint and I honestly don’t know what to think. I believe I was happier without smoking pot (I am so dependent) on mood changing chemicals that it is hard to keep up it’s almost easier removing it all from daily life. Good luck, off the subject I know but when you talked about the constant noise and doubt in your heads it definitely reminded me of my story a few months back.

#27 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 11:33 AM

On lying, governmental, corporate and otherwise, for profit:

Agreed it has happened a lot. For profit and control. But also there's what I call the Oops Factor. As a species we tend to dive headlong and full force into things, and oh what wonderful things they are! Until they aren't anymore. Then somebody realizes we should have never done that wonderful thing.

On prescription addiction and over prescription. Its a horrible rabbit hole to get sent down. Drugs to make drugs work better, then drugs to treat the symptoms brought on by all the other drugs. I used to know a doctor who worked exclusively with medication reduction patients. People who had reached the point that every bodily function had to medicated into working properly. A condition caused more by the overprescribed drugs than by the primary illness.

On fluctuating temps:

Mostly harmless. Exact temps are difficult to maintain and even well maintained may show little to no difference.

On addiction:

The hardest thing to realize about addiction is its never really about the specific drug. Its also a very personal thing that can't be boxed up quantified and dealt with on a generic one size fits all cure.

Something you have to accept and deal with inside yourself.
  • Sikfreud likes this

#28 Turdly81

Turdly81

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 224 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 12:20 PM

I feel like trying to get off drugs woke me up for the first time for sure. Now I just see things a different way. I respond differently. Even my smoking habit pisses me off. The fact that I want a smoke really irritated me. Lol

#29 Turdly81

Turdly81

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 224 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 06:24 AM

wawaywell my fuzz it two jars has gotten a nice thickness to it now. Yesterday I could barely see it. Its still small tho. But I love it. Its my spot ❤
  • onediadem likes this

#30 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,114 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 October 2018 - 03:38 PM

Also will fluctuating temp hurt anything? Like 75 during the day and 70 at night?

Mine go from a 50 degree closet at night to four feet away from a woodstove at around 80+ degrees for ten hours, then back in the closet.  They grow like mad all the same.  Temperature fluctuations certainly happen in nature and some mushrooms even require a cold-shock to fruit, so I wouldn't sweat it one bit as long as they get a decent run at 70+ degree temps here and there.

:)

soliver

#31 Turdly81

Turdly81

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 224 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 05:15 PM

Ok good! I was hoping it might help some but I cant keep it warm all the time.

#32 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,346 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 October 2018 - 05:29 PM

I believe the fluctuations promote bigger flushes because it taps into their sense of survival. 

• Soliver, Amanita Versicula and Turdly81 like this

#33 Turdly81

Turdly81

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 224 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 09:07 PM

I checked them after work and they are all doing really well

#34 Turdly81

Turdly81

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 224 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 09:08 PM

Everything is white. And in a lot of spots too. I have one had not doing anything at all.

#35 Turdly81

Turdly81

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 224 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 08:07 AM

Fuzz!!

Attached Thumbnails

• 20181101_090507.jpg
  • 20181101_090456.jpg

#36 Turdly81

Turdly81

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 224 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 08:19 AM

I think the smaller jars will go fast. The one in the picture will be done first. Can I do that one by itself somehow when its done? In a small can or something?
  • Soliver likes this

#37 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,114 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 November 2018 - 03:41 PM

Those jars look like they should.

You can use literally anything as a fruiting chamber (FC) but I prefer clear plastic, as you can see what's going on inside - humidity, etc., without opening it up, and it also allows light, which they need a bit of for pinning.

My current FC is a sterlite box with paper towels on the bottom.  I gave up on perlite, as I can't see the benefits over a simple disposable paper towel, but that's just what works for me.

soliver

#38 Turdly81

Turdly81

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 224 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 03:46 PM

I'm going to try a few different things. What if I rolled it in cow dung or something? Would that contaminate it?

#39 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,114 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 November 2018 - 08:30 PM

YES! (that would contaminate it ... unless it was sterile ... still a bad idea)

Don't go getting all creative on your first grow.

It's not a bad idea to keep 'em in the jars until you see hyphal knots and teeny pins, then birth ....

There's the future to get crazy - right now, focus on getting results.

BTW - if you rolled them in cow dung, the mycelium would just have more food to chew through before pinning out = no bueno.

soliver

Edited by Soliver, 01 November 2018 - 08:31 PM.

• coorsmikey and Amanita Versicula like this

#40 PinkMenace

PinkMenace

Psychochump

• VIP
  • 742 posts

Posted 01 November 2018 - 08:59 PM

I'm going to try a few different things. What if I rolled it in cow dung or something? Would that contaminate it?

The key is to keep it simple until you have your method down thoroughly enough to connect changes of procedure to changes in outcome. Rolling in verm is to help maintain moisture. You've already given it food with the BRF. 

To answer your question literally, if you put in the effort to properly pasteurize he manure maybe it would work, but as Soliver said, it would just be more food for it to eat when you want it to be fruiting.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!