11 replies to this topic

#1 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,415 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 October 2018 - 07:32 PM

I had one of those pleasant nights in, tried to do some reading, 'The Psychadelic Experience' by some well known authors but my eyes started doing some weird things, even tho I'd only had 5g...

Laid in bed and listened to the audio book but think i might need to listen to it again... Was having oev at the time...

What do you do while imbibing?

#2 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,323 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 October 2018 - 08:35 PM

I had one of those pleasant nights in, tried to do some reading, 'The Psychadelic Experience' by some well known authors but my eyes started doing some weird things, even tho I'd only had 5g...
Laid in bed and listened to the audio book but think i might need to listen to it again... Was having oev at the time...

What do you do while imbibing?

5 grams is my standard dose because anything less i go through the self evaluation phase which is almost always in the mushrooms favor so 5 grams launches me past that pneuma analyzing phase where i can completely enjoy the come up and peak.

I struggle to focus period so reading is out of the question so i listen to music in room so dark only the LED lights of the electronics light up the room.

I prefer about 7 grams and those small tiny led lights will illuminate the entire room in a way i cant explain in words. But sounds are my path through and not visual stimulation. However you gave a great idea!!! For someone who has the attention span of a gnat and one who responds to audio stimulation....man alive a pod cast of importance is in my near future!

Note: I swear that 1 blue led light on my Fire TV box, 1 red LED light on my tv, and the random notifications of multicolor flashing leds on my mobile phone is the key to time travel!!!!!

#3 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,402 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 October 2018 - 10:40 PM

I make my own playlists because I want positive energy flowing. When you can see and feel the music, I get totally overwhelmed with love for absolutely everything. It is my reboot when I start feeling too aggravated with everyone and everything. Everyone used to rave about watching pink floyds the wall, and all I have to say to that is fuck off. One of the most insecure, paranoid and fear-inducing trips I have ever had. I stick to my electric sheep if I want to see something besides music.

• Xerces, PJammer24 and Alder Logs like this

#4 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 12,758 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 October 2018 - 11:02 PM

Just something to think about that came to mind.  When I did holotropic breathworks the one time, I learned that the music selection was either totally instrumental or electronic, but no lyrics unless they were in a language that no one in the session spoke.  The music was strictly to relate to an unthinking state, and lyrics would likely stimulate the mind by suggestion.  The courses of music were designed to get an alignment with the chakras in an ascending order.  

• onediadem likes this

#5 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,402 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 October 2018 - 12:22 AM

My chakras usually look like a badly drawn roadmap, but I do my best to stay tuned into the positive side of life lol.

• DonShadow likes this

#6 DonShadow

DonShadow

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 190 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 01:04 AM

I usually trip during the day as it takes me a long time to bounce back from an all-nighter. I get up early and run for 45 minutes or so, have a shower, then black out the windows in my room and get naked. Then I measure out my dose, sit on the edge of my bed, light a candle and eat the mushrooms along with a good chunk of cacao. When everything is down I get my earplugs in and eyeshades ready and begin to meditate while staring into the flame for ten or fifteen minutes. When I'm sufficiently relaxed I blow out the candle right before donning the eyeshades and getting under the covers, then the curtain goes up.

#7 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,415 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 October 2018 - 02:47 AM

I always used to trip to the Opulent Temple podcast while that was active. (except that hasnt been for months...)

#8 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 913 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 October 2018 - 10:12 AM

Is it possible to be too positive?

I have been told that no one can be positive all the time, even through some bad times, and that I must have been putting up a front..

Life is never that bad to me... Hell, I am breathing, the world is beautiful, and even when things get shitty there is good on the horizon...

Everything is impermanent, even the shitty stuff that seems like it will last forever.

• onediadem and Alder Logs like this

#9 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 12,758 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 October 2018 - 04:04 PM

Then there was the time Ms. English told her class, "a double negative always makes a positive, but never does a double positive make negative."

From the back row of desks, little PJ says, "Yeah right!"

• onediadem and PJammer24 like this

#10 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 767 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 October 2018 - 05:09 PM

I had a nice routine earlier this year. Dark curtains over the windows to block out the light. I lock the door to my room. I light incense, pray quite a bit and do some loving-kindness meditation. If I had time for it too, I would meditate for a few hours earlier in the day, concentration meditation. Then I make a calming tea. I pray a bit more before I ingest. Then, when it's in my mouth chewing, I'm asking to be protected and generally showing the world and myself love. Then, I sit down on a mattress on the floor against the wall in the dark and wait. Meditate some more, loving-kindness or whatever until my mind goes. Drinking the tea until it's gone. Lovely times. No music, usually. Music works better for me afterwards. But, I haven't used a large dose in a long time. 

I have some odd habits that have come to make a more positive experience. I tend to invoke avatar-ish presences I've encountered in earlier trips, asking for protection or healing. I sometimes visualize a pinkish ball arising out of my heart and encompassing the world or my room. And always expressing love, even if I can't feel it inside me. Afterwards, I tend to take a moment to bow down and say thank you. Three hours or a bit more of giving all my attention is good, not getting off too early, which in my opinion can lead to a negative swing. 

Yet, I still think I have no idea where other people go and what other people experience. Psychedelics have taught me, as much of my life, that I'll never get what other people seem to possess. I'd vote that it's written into my mind's interpretation of reality, a great and fortunate trick.

Edited by Guy1298, 26 October 2018 - 05:29 PM.

• PJammer24 and Alder Logs like this

#11 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 913 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 October 2018 - 09:14 AM

Metta is my cousins name!!

• Guy1298 likes this

#12 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h