17 replies to this topic

#1 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,964 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 November 2018 - 02:16 PM

So Trump himself said (and I was shocked to hear it from him) that if enough Dems win today, that he will be impeached.  Im not sure if thats true or how it will end up tonight, or even if its fair at all, but I think we should discuss it...if anyone cares to.

Im wondering if Topians will vote at all today, and roughly how many of our 20,000 bad ass army might participate in this governmental circus.  Anyone care/dare to speak on this?   

Edited by riseabovethought, 06 November 2018 - 02:21 PM.

#2 phlegmbae

phlegmbae

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 273 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 02:32 PM

I vote every chance the opportunity comes up! However I never heard His Royal Assholyness make any statement about impeachment. Probably because I live under a rock. It sure would be nice though. I sure would like to see his tax returns too. My state had prop 1 on the ballot for legalization of cannabis for adult use 21 & over today too. Anyway, the old battle ax and I have cast our votes, and look forward to the outcome later this evening. 

• riseabovethought likes this

#3 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 12,521 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 November 2018 - 02:51 PM

I slipped my ballot into the box at the County Auditor's Office yesterday, feeling rather dubious, and asking another citizen there on the way out of the courthouse, "How many forests were cut down to put so much thick, full color, glossy paper in our mailboxes this season?"   Dubious at best, and I don't know who to quote for saying it first, "I don't vote, it just encourages the bastards," but ain't it the truth.   I just wrote this at another forum when someone was describing themselves politically as, "radical centrist":

When the Democrats started down the present road with the political decapitation of Henry Wallace, the center started moving right.   If the center was where it was then, I might want to be center left now.    When the corporate state expresses through a corporate media, with how many representatives of Operation Mockingbird in their midst over more than half a century of steadily shifting right into greater and greater corporate rule, and nearly everyone I can talk to sips the Kool-Aid from one or another of the six corporations' channels, am I, as the learning disordered flunky, only one of few who see this is how Fascism quietly takes the day?  

Divided and ruled?  Or not?

• riseabovethought and whirledpeas like this

#4 phlegmbae

phlegmbae

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 273 posts

Posted 06 November 2018 - 05:50 PM

I just voted again!

• Soliver likes this

#5 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 6,500 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 November 2018 - 09:48 PM

I voted..... Then I went to the liquor store/gas station and picked up some mid grade fuel for the Subaru, and some low grade vodka for myself.  I then went to the feed store and got some straw, and feed for the our rabbits.....

After that, I went home and started a fire and made myself a drink.... But I voted damn it!!

• Soliver and riseabovethought like this

#6 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 12,521 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 November 2018 - 11:22 PM

Nashville had an Amendment 1 calling for a citizen police oversight commission that the cops spent half a $million to defeat.  The word is, it has passed overwhelmingly.   If the board has a facebook page, will it get taken down?

#7 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 6,500 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 November 2018 - 01:01 AM

In retrospect, I'm not sure what any of this means.

It's not like there was a consinisis of any kind here. 

it is just one side wins (barely) over the other.  It(we) are about as divided as it can get, at least mathematically speaking. 

I don't see how it is going to get any better like this.  We are still a country drastically divided, no matter who wins the contest at hand.  Mostly we are so alike, yet we try to tear each other apart.  I think we are not seeing who is really pulling the strings.

I would say pray for us, but I'm pretty sure both sides are praying to the same god.  So I don't know where that will get us....?

• phlegmbae, riseabovethought and Alder Logs like this

#8 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,334 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 November 2018 - 01:02 AM

I too voted. However, I took no pleasure in it whatsoever. In fact, I did so begrudgingly. I honestly feel that it will not make one bit of difference. We are fucked no matter what happens.

• mushit and riseabovethought like this

#9 phlegmbae

phlegmbae

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 273 posts

Posted 07 November 2018 - 01:07 AM

Anyone notice that the most deadly crisis in the history of this country wasn't ever even addressed on a single campaign platform? I've lost faith. I doubt if I'll ever vote again. That's pretty fucking bad. Because I guess I've been totally naive for truly believing in our system.

• Juthro and whirledpeas like this

#10 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,405 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 November 2018 - 02:01 AM

tumblr_phobs6rTXV1xqk5k7o1_500.jpg

• Juthro and jkdeth like this

#11 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,964 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 November 2018 - 11:42 AM

Diebold came to my mind too.  

#12 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,060 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 November 2018 - 06:17 PM

I voted. 

Then I came home and ate half a bag of pumpkin-spice trail mix the kids made at school (the dipped pretzels were the best), read some science-fiction on the couch, drank six or so beers, and literally slept through the night for the first time in over a year.

Woke up to find I'd pissed in the wind, which I knew would be the case ... I suppose some part of my brain said "maybe ... just maybe ... " but should have known better.  Even the local elections I thought had a chance were plowed under by .... whatever it is that's happening.

I'm wondering if I should start upgrading the attic and basement with bathrooms and living arrangements.  In a few years, I may be on the underground railroad for undocumented immigrants, or illegal aliens, or whatever your politics allows you to call humans from somewhere south and awful.

Slept like shit the next night. 

Either I need to vote every day, or I need to mass produce pumpkin spice trail mix, I guess.

:)

soliver

[Direct Link]

• phlegmbae and Juthro like this

#13 AbnormalMortaL

AbnormalMortaL

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 06:53 PM

Michigan passed legal marijuana..so theres that
  • phlegmbae, Soliver and riseabovethought like this

#14 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,060 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 November 2018 - 08:47 PM

Needless to say, I don't live in Michigan   :)

In a few years, it'll be federal, much like same-sex marriage. 

Until then, Johnny-Law will continue his field-day against plant based sanity.  Alas.

soliver

#15 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,334 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2018 - 12:38 AM

I am pretty disgusted with what is going on with the voting. Not that I think any of them are worth a crap, but we should at least keep them fucking honest. This is a crazy time right now for the US. We look like complete morons in the eyes of the world.

• phlegmbae, Soliver, riseabovethought and 1 other like this

#16 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 12,521 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:06 AM

Maybe someday we'll look like incomplete morons again.   Setting goals is good.

• onediadem and Soliver like this

#17 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,060 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2018 - 03:59 PM

I'll repeat (well, sort of) a funny thing I heard somewhere once about voting:

It's like being forced to choose an anal-intruder -

You don't really want ANY of the offerings, and you know that no matter your selection, the best dildo is still gonna fuck you in the ass, but you can't bitch too much because you had "a choice."

It makes me smile every election day (the concept, not the anal intruder).

America!  The Two Party System! 

soliver

Edited by Alder Logs, 14 November 2018 - 04:11 PM.
Accidental edit -- meant to quote and luckily was able to save the post.

• onediadem likes this

#18 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 12,521 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 November 2018 - 04:12 PM

America!  The Two Party System! 

Fuck Yeah!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!