• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 MindlessHippie

MindlessHippie

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 02:53 PM

I have these little mushrooms growing in cow pattys for about 2 days now and mycelium all throughout the patty. I collected the dung about 2 weeks ago and there was nothing at first and now I have these mushroom pins coming up.

How long before they are ready? I am confident these are shrooms.

image.jpeg

#2 Boebs

Boebs

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 416 posts

Posted 11 November 2018 - 08:43 PM

2-4 days maybe more depending on type and environment
  • MindlessHippie likes this

#3 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,347 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 November 2018 - 08:58 PM

What makes you so confident that they are active? I'm not saying that they aren't active, I am just curious of how you identified them. What part of the country are you from? Looks like horse manure to me because there is a significant amount of plant matter that has not been completely digested. Am I right? Cow manure is pretty well digested due to their multiple stomachs. Their digestive system allows them to eat hay that has been stored just about anywhere. Moldy hay does not impact cows due to their digestive track but horse hay has to be stored completely dry and indoors because of theirs. Colic is a big concern for horses who do not have the ability to throw up if something unhealthy has been consumed.
  • coorsmikey likes this

#4 MindlessHippie

MindlessHippie

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 06:09 AM

What makes you so confident that they are active? I'm not saying that they aren't active, I am just curious of how you identified them.

What part of the country are you from?

Looks like horse manure to me because there is a significant amount of plant matter that has not been completely digested. Am I right?

Cow manure is pretty well digested due to their multiple stomachs. Their digestive system allows them to eat hay that has been stored just about anywhere. Moldy hay does not impact cows due to their digestive track but horse hay has to be stored completely dry and indoors because of theirs. Colic is a big concern for horses who do not have the ability to throw up if something unhealthy has been consumed.

Well Im am CONFIDENT they are shrooms because there are little brown "pins" amongst the white ones which could be PE, Im not gonna be sure until they mature. I live in the east coast of canada where mushies are abundant. And this really is cow manure because I went to a cow pasture and collected the sh*t myself and ere were only cows there.

If they grow big, I will dry them out and see what they smell like, if the stems turn blue and if the tops wrinkle up.

This is just an experiment, no big catastrophe if it doesnt work out, it didnt cost me anything.

#5 MindlessHippie

MindlessHippie

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 06:15 AM

They are now in a warm enviroment as it is too cold outside for them to continue living outdoors. Theyve grown a tiny bit. I stored them in a dark place so the light won't kill them.

Another weird phenomenon: Theyve been "sweating" and I've had to take toilet paper to the wet spots so they don't rot.
Are shrooms supposed to sweat like this?

They seem to like miracle grow quite a bit. I've been adding MG to them as "food", and they seem to be gobbling it right up

#6 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,475 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 November 2018 - 08:41 AM

You're feeding a turd?
  • Boebs, Pipeline and WalkingCatfish like this

#7 Boebs

Boebs

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 416 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 09:19 AM

They are now in a warm enviroment as it is too cold outside for them to continue living outdoors. Theyve grown a tiny bit. I stored them in a dark place so the light won't kill them.
Another weird phenomenon: Theyve been "sweating" and I've had to take toilet paper to the wet spots so they don't rot.
Are shrooms supposed to sweat like this?
They seem to like miracle grow quite a bit. I've been adding MG to them as "food", and they seem to be gobbling it right up

Umm.. so far alot of what has been said just seems wrong.

Ive never heard of someone feeding anything extra to the sub..

If you had pinning you should do nothing but make sure its warm and humid. Light will not kill mushrooms, common lie/ misconceptions. They take days to grow and use light as a guide to grow in the right direction. Not for photosynthesis.
  • PJammer24 and MindlessHippie like this

#8 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,347 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 November 2018 - 09:32 AM

Good luck!

#9 MindlessHippie

MindlessHippie

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 02:27 PM

You're feeding a turd?

Pretty much

#10 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,475 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 November 2018 - 03:20 PM

Might want to do a bit of research on what it might be. It won't be cubensis. Not in Canada. Liberty caps are pretty common in your area, but those won't be growing from manure.

#11 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,347 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 November 2018 - 03:33 PM

I feel like I'm being trolled...

You can't feed a turd... Hell, you can't even polish one!!

• coorsmikey, -=Zeus=-, Boebs and 1 other like this

#12 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,590 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 November 2018 - 06:24 PM

I had an old Wobbly friend who was born in 1892.  He used to refer to certain very disagreeable people as a, "turd of misery."   I think that got his point across pretty well.   Those types, as substraight, wouldn't likely bear good fruit.   But, I guess there's turds and there's turds.  

Enough of this shit!

• coorsmikey likes this

#13 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,404 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 November 2018 - 02:04 AM

Some "confident" shit here! So much so that a strain (PE Ps. cubensis) which its natural habitat is the Hippies closet, is so determined to survive that it has adapted to survive in Canada.(out on cow patties) Regardless of the specie we have to entertain the fact the OP collects fresh turds and has something growing. (archive material)  I do love to be wrong in situations like this. I'm not confident those are PE, infact I know they aren't. But whether or not this is a troll post or not, It would be really cool if the OP provided updated pics of the turds with mature mushroom. I don't care if they aren't psychedelic or some species that grows between the Tropic of Cancer/Capricorn. The fact that the OP collected hot steaming turds and is grow any mushroom in the name of science is cool. There is no way I could pull that off, well maybe but I'll let others do it and take there word.  

• Pipeline likes this

#14 Pipeline

Pipeline

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 240 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 10:44 AM

Bruh.

[Direct Link]

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!