• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 thedoors728

thedoors728

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 09:48 AM

I was gonna go to amazon and get this barrier with reflective walls and lights and vent tube . It’s like $100. Please tell me things I could use the cheap way. I got hybrid seeds from a very big celebrity. Thanks guys

#2 Cybilopsin

Cybilopsin

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 198 posts

Donator

Posted 05 June 2019 - 11:06 AM

Hello, bumping this thread, because I need basically the same advice. I will also check the Deep Knowledge boards...

a friend of mine picked up a couple 6" seedlings of a hemp/CBD variety I believe. 2 different, unknown, strains. sun from windows too.

I Have 2x T5 floro grow lights on them now. Is this enough for vegetative growth? Looking to just make big mother plants and clone, I guess.

Also, how not to kill them? :peace:

#3 Cybilopsin

Cybilopsin

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 198 posts

Donator

Posted 05 June 2019 - 11:07 AM

Hello, bumping this thread, because I need basically the same advice. I will also check the Deep Knowledge boards...

a friend of mine picked up a couple 6" seedlings of a hemp/CBD variety I believe. 2 different, unknown, strains. sun from windows too.

I Have 2x T5 floro grow lights on them now. Is this enough for vegetative growth? Looking to just make big mother plants and clone, I guess.

#4 PalatableAmbrosias

PalatableAmbrosias

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 03:39 AM

The prices of grow tents/ indoor equipment has come down a lot in the last year or so. There are a few distributors that sell whole kits for around 3-400$canadian. Thats a tent, ventilation/filtration, Lights, and sometimes even hydro setups. 

When i did it the cheap way, I made my own carbon filter (should be lots of tutorials for that between here and Grasscity forums) and bought a decent tent and light for the best prices i could find. I still ended up spending around 280-350$ after my seeds, nutrients, A home made DWC hydro bin, etc.  (but grow equipment really has come down in price since legislation). 

In my opinion, you could probably find a decently priced all in one kit for a few hundred dollars, and that can be the easiest way to go. However its still worth it to check out all your options and make sure you're not going to end up paying 100$ more than if you had bought them all separate yourself. 

Without advertising too much, there's a Canadian company that sells grow tents.... Their prices have really gotten reasonable lately (and the tents and grow equipment are pretty good quality) I usually go there for any indoor gardening supplies. 

Personally when i grow I go with HPS (high pressure sodium) for heat and light or LED for just light penetration. T5's will probably be alright for them, but i imagine with a blue spectrum HPS light (200-400Watts) may do a bit better for cloning and bulking them up. When they're ready for flowering, switch the blue spectrum out for a red spectrum. 

Or at least be prepared to get a red spectrum HPS or LED on them for flowering. That T5 won't do much for you then. They are really good for starting clones and seeds though. 

#5 Phungivore

Phungivore

ɹǝuoɟ ƃuıʞɔnʇs

• OG VIP
  • 738 posts

Posted 05 August 2019 - 03:18 PM

if they are t5ho, and 24" or longer bulbs ya should do ok with vegging the plants out. come flower, i would suggest HID system for low budget have found 400w light kit on ebay for 50 for ballast bulb and cool tube, normally price for that would be closer to 100 for similar item. the size of the light will be related to the size room and amount of air movent ya can create, as well as what ambient temperatures run. as indoor farmer i try to have the lights run at night as much as possible since night is cooler

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!