• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Flannelguy253

Flannelguy253

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 09:53 PM

Hi i am new to mycotopia and forums in general. I figured I should probably start posting my finds and questions here as I am trying to branch out to finding different psilocybin mushrooms. I have been picking psilocybe cyanescens in the state of Washington for about 8 years but I am needing help identifying some of the other species that grow in the PNW. This season is my find time successfully finding Psilocybe Stunzii!

I am in need of some help identifying a new one that i found along the Washington Coast near ocean shores. My first thoughts were Azurescens but after picking a few i noticed they did not bruise blue at all! More like a purple color or dark brown. Stems were white and caps golden brown or caramel, when mature caps looks like a space ship. Spore print was purple so that is the only reason i am pursing the identification of them. They were growing on wood chips in tall grass. Actually they were growing right next to a rather large Cyanescens patch. 

Any feedback would be awesome! Or if there is a better place to post this let me know!  

Attached Thumbnails

• 20181116_100035_1542506849762.jpg
  • 20181116_144800_1542506926723.jpg
  • IMG_20181116_144659_1542506927408.jpg

• wharfrat likes this

#2 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,390 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 November 2018 - 10:03 PM

Hi i am new to mycotopia and forums in general. I figured I should probably start posting my finds and questions here as I am trying to branch out to finding different psilocybin mushrooms. I have been picking psilocybe cyanescens in the state of Washington for about 8 years but I am needing help identifying some of the other species that grow in the PNW. This season is my find time successfully finding Psilocybe Stunzii!

I am in need of some help identifying a new one that i found along the Washington Coast near ocean shores. My first thoughts were Azurescens but after picking a few i noticed they did not bruise blue at all! More like a purple color or dark brown. Stems were white and caps golden brown or caramel, when mature caps looks like a space ship. Spore print was purple so that is the only reason i am pursing the identification of them. They were growing on wood chips in tall grass. Actually they were growing right next to a rather large Cyanescens patch. 

Any feedback would be awesome! Or if there is a better place to post this let me know!  

I will move this to the wild mushroom forum, you will get more help over there.

#3 Flannelguy253

Flannelguy253

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 November 2018 - 10:05 PM

I will move this to the wild mushroom forum, you will get more help over there.

Thank You!

#4 Flannelguy253

Flannelguy253

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 01:34 AM

Any one have any experience with Psilocybe Squamosus?? After all the research i've done this would be my best guess to identifying it. I noticed some of thing younger ones has somewhat scaly stems which i thought was weird. I didn't get any good pictures of this occuring on the fresh ones but I will try to post pictures of some of the dried samples I took.

Also i find that info on this is all over the place. Some say it is not active, while others say low to moderate, while one source said poisonous. I'm going to lean more toward not active as that is what "Psilocybin Mushrooms of the World" by Paul Stamets say.

Can anyone confirm any of this?

Attached Thumbnails

• 20181117_210536.jpg

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!