19 replies to this topic

#1 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 767 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 November 2018 - 12:07 AM

So I've been thinking it over. I've got some mushrooms around. I'm going to do a large dose. 20g. 

Maybe, I'll finally get what I'm looking for.

Hahahaha. 

• Boebs likes this

#2 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 767 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 November 2018 - 12:12 AM

Seriously, 20g. 

Edited by Guy1298, 20 November 2018 - 12:15 AM.

#3 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 767 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 November 2018 - 02:55 PM

Just making fun of myself. I didn't try very hard to make it look serious though. 

Reminiscing on the days of old, which are unfortunately not that old. :).  

Edited by Guy1298, 20 November 2018 - 02:57 PM.

#4 Boebs

Boebs

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 08:57 PM

Ive had days picking/eatting where ive gone threw a grocery bag full. But idk about a 20g dry at one time

#5 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,608 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 November 2018 - 10:39 PM

I feel that there is a threshold where one maxes out. I honestly don't see any difference from eating 10 to 14 gr or even 20.

• PJammer24, Guy1298 and Juthro like this

#6 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 12,758 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2018 - 12:10 AM

It's all good protein.

#7 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 767 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2018 - 03:11 PM

Coors, I wonder what your trips are like. Heh. 

I had a friend that would plan these 7+g doses back in the mountains. I remember she told me that she likes death. She'd travel to heaven and things. 

Edited by Guy1298, 22 November 2018 - 03:20 PM.

• Juthro likes this

#8 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,608 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2018 - 03:24 PM

Idk about liking death, but high dose trips have taught me respect for death. More that death is part of life. Also with death comes life. As things die it is often the the beginning of life of many other things like the mushrooms we eat. As the mycelium dies it become plants that are eventually consumed by something larger or back to feed more mycelium. Circle of life.
  • PJammer24, Guy1298, Juthro and 1 other like this

#9 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 767 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2018 - 04:16 PM

Yeah, liking death is a bit much. 

Something that I can't get across is that the fear is good. When I tell people how afraid I am, I think some look at it like a bad thing. But, I think that is the freshest way of looking, total fear. The sort that makes you curl up and pray... will the world as I know it be here in a few moments? This is it. This is God. 

I don't think I'll ever like death, respect and fear instead. But, I dig the people that say they like it.  :biggrin:  

#10 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 6,719 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2018 - 04:16 PM

20 grams.... Damn :)

I think MIkey is correct, there is a threshold at some point.  Personally for me, 7 or 8 grams of cubes will take me about as far as I need to go.

As far as death is concerned, its just another step in your journey.  Heavy doses seem to help get my mind straight about being part of the circle.  It helps remove long term anxiety, and gives more of a calming acceptance and peace.    At least that has been my experience.

IME it helps remind me that life in finite, and that none of us gets out alive.

Damn, you've got me thinking now.   I think it has been too long, and that my head is in need of some realignment.   Maybe it's time to dust off some jars...

• Guy1298 likes this

#11 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 767 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2018 - 04:28 PM

I think I need to clarify. I probably won't do 20g. I was just thinking one night about all the times I made plans to do large doses. And just thought that I was so funny for doing that. And wanted to take a moment to laugh and smile about all my plans and struggles.  

So I made this thread, jokingly saying I would do 20g.  :tongue:

Edited by Guy1298, 22 November 2018 - 04:30 PM.

• Juthro likes this

#12 darci

darci

snarky butt monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,161 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 December 2018 - 03:37 PM

Guy,

20 grams is the kind of dose you're either going to be shattered by, or won't remember.

Either way, the real you is going to have been changed at some level.  You can't un-experience what has happened.  This will set in motion things you may not be prepared to handle.  If you're lucky, most of your conscious self will have buried it so deep that you will believe that nothing important happened.

Hopefully the shroom gods will be lenient, looking down on you so foolish.

If you face it with full awareness, I beg you... you can't comprehend the fear that is possible.  It takes a miracle for anyone to come back from such an experience alive, and yet virtually all do.  But there will be a price, and you will be transformed, and when you've come down you will feel it.  Integrating that one experience could take the rest of your lifetime.  Or more.  If you are like me, you cried for weeks.  It's not the tears, it's the realization.  The stark, naked, unfiltered truth that has always surrounded you. 

You may withdraw into psychological defenses.  Or you might fight rapture and found a new religion.  These paths have all been tread.  

Hell, one gram can do this to a person in the right conditions.

Thinking of twenty, all I can ask, is why?

I don't think any surfer learned how to surf attempting to break a world record.

Start with the little waves.  Believe me, there is already an ocean behind them.

- Darci

• PJammer24, Skywatcher, Guy1298 and 1 other like this

#13 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,415 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 December 2018 - 06:39 PM

I've had 10 before and it was rather memorable (in a good way) but OMG I can imagine anything more catching the A Train south for winter...

#14 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 767 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 December 2018 - 02:29 AM

I did once take 10g mixed with syrian rue. It was something.

Edited by Guy1298, 10 December 2018 - 02:47 AM.

#15 HooKworm

HooKworm

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 December 2018 - 09:52 PM

I took 12g my first time out. I was 17. I thought I went insane and got stuck in that loop. For hours. Nowadays I’m good with 5-8g. Anything more and I’m scared I’ll loop again. Fear is refreshing till you have sheer terror for hours and hours.

#16 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 396 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 December 2018 - 11:31 PM

what is the loop  ummm  i need a more definitive explanation

• coorsmikey likes this

#17 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,608 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 December 2018 - 11:42 PM

lol

It's like groundhog day!

#18 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 913 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 December 2018 - 11:54 PM

I like a lot of what has been said in this thread... “The circle of life”... Nearly everything is cyclical as I see it... All living things die, their bodies (plants and animals included) decompose to feed new life... Parents pass what they know to their children who then pass it in to their children and on and on...

The roles we play as humans follow this pattern, we are born helpless as children and rely on others. We then have people rely on us just to age and require the aid of others again...

The moon, the sun, planets all follow a cyclical pattern. The ocean’s tides...

The brain absorbs knowledge until it reaches its apex and the begins to lose knowledge...

The circle of life... The cycle is all around us in nature, our interactions with others.... If you look, it is there...

I find this very interesting and in a way it supports my half hearted assertion that we are living in a simulation where the software is set to operate in these cycles. I’m kidding, but not really! Operating in a cyclical pattern seems like an intuitive way to construct a simulation of life...

History is said to repeat its self...

What is concerning is that these cycles have happened across millennia. Mass extinction events occur, life rebounds, and another extinction event occurs... With the way we are negatively impacting our environment, we may be entering another period of mass extinction.

The question is whether mass extinction is avoidable or if some higher level being hit the button to initiate a catastrophe (Think sim city earthquake/tornado)...

I think the young Swedish girl at the summit the other day spoke VERY well, was moving, and raises the question of whether we as a people will do what it takes to save our planet... Or is creating our own demise inevitable due to our greedy and selfish nature where we expect someone else to do what is necessary....

People need to look at the big picture and see beyond what impacts them in the short term... Personally, I hope to slow the cycle of life to postpone the next extinction event as long as possible... I think it’s inevitable but it doesn’t have to be of our own doing!

No matter what happens, life will survive, it will rebound, and it will be incredible... Humans just may not be there to see it and maybe that’s a good thing!!

Sorry for going off topic, I kinda got worked up a little...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Alder Logs and Sikfreud like this

#19 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 767 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 December 2018 - 11:38 PM

I've had a feeling that I have opinions against the grain. 

There are countless people worrying about mass extinction, not knowing what to do about it, feeling powerless, and doing all the same things. 

There are countless people worrying about their coming death, not knowing what to do about it, feeling powerless, and doing all the same things.

My death is unsolvable, or at the very least it's solution is improbable. Mass extinction is possibly solvable... maybe, have we gone too far already? 

My point is death must be met by all. Mass extinction will probably mean great suffering, but it doesn't solve death. Death as a fact should cut someone far more deeply, to their core, far deeper than mass extinction could. But, it seems many don't let themselves be cut by it. If it were to cut, they might learn that death isn't real. And if they learned that they might learn that mass extinction isn't real. And that there is no great suffering anywhere, except as a spectacle that never was. 

I wonder how long I can get away with having these ideas before I step back and re-question what's real. Gah. Haha. 

Edited by Guy1298, 20 December 2018 - 11:44 PM.

• Alder Logs and Sikfreud like this

#20 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 12,758 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 December 2018 - 12:37 AM

I like a lot of what has been said in this thread... “The circle of life”... Nearly everything is cyclical as I see it... All living things die, their bodies (plants and animals included) decompose to feed new life... Parents pass what they know to their children who then pass it in to their children and on and on...

The roles we play as humans follow this pattern, we are born helpless as children and rely on others. We then have people rely on us just to age and require the aid of others again...

The moon, the sun, planets all follow a cyclical pattern. The ocean’s tides...

The brain absorbs knowledge until it reaches its apex and the begins to lose knowledge...

The circle of life... The cycle is all around us in nature, our interactions with others.... If you look, it is there...

I find this very interesting and in a way it supports my half hearted assertion that we are living in a simulation where the software is set to operate in these cycles. I’m kidding, but not really! Operating in a cyclical pattern seems like an intuitive way to construct a simulation of life...

History is said to repeat its self...

What is concerning is that these cycles have happened across millennia. Mass extinction events occur, life rebounds, and another extinction event occurs... With the way we are negatively impacting our environment, we may be entering another period of mass extinction.

The question is whether mass extinction is avoidable or if some higher level being hit the button to initiate a catastrophe (Think sim city earthquake/tornado)...

I think the young Swedish girl at the summit the other day spoke VERY well, was moving, and raises the question of whether we as a people will do what it takes to save our planet... Or is creating our own demise inevitable due to our greedy and selfish nature where we expect someone else to do what is necessary....

People need to look at the big picture and see beyond what impacts them in the short term... Personally, I hope to slow the cycle of life to postpone the next extinction event as long as possible... I think it’s inevitable but it doesn’t have to be of our own doing!

No matter what happens, life will survive, it will rebound, and it will be incredible... Humans just may not be there to see it and maybe that’s a good thing!!

Sorry for going off topic, I kinda got worked up a little...

gallery_131808_1351_6746.jpg

I guess that's the way the whole durned human comedy keeps perpetuatin' itself down through the generations. Westward the wagons, across the sands of time until we - ah, look at me. I'm ramblin' again.

• PJammer24, Guy1298 and Sikfreud like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!