• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 explorer7

explorer7

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 299 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 01:30 AM

Wondering if any has grown sclerotia from Mexicanae Chicon Nindo?

Experience the same as with the fruits?

• Billcoz likes this

#2 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 04:13 PM

I haven't, but here's a thread on it:

https://mycotopia.ne...w/?fromsearch=1
  • explorer7 likes this

#3 elfstone

elfstone

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 209 posts

Donator

Posted 28 November 2018 - 01:22 AM

I have as I was one of the folks who introduced the strain here. All sclerotia make me vomit. There is some irritant in them that doesn’t sit well with me. They are easy to fruit so I would recommend just casing them and getting the fruit bodies which are easy to digest and result in a positive experience every time. There is no dark side to them, no annoying alien archetype weirdness, unlike some cubensis strains, just pure spirit. Good luck!

γνῶθι σεαυτόν
gnothi seauton
know thyself
  • coorsmikey, PsyBearknot, jkdeth and 1 other like this

#4 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 400 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 12:43 PM

Sclerotia make my stomach turn, too. However, I think the fruits have that same metallic nutty taste which stays in your mouth for hours.

Hey elf, the weirdness is my favorite part of the trip. I love when things go dark and it's like I'm in the Alice in Wonderland forest or a Tim Burton set. Dark is beautiful to me.

Edited by Deleena24, 28 November 2018 - 12:46 PM.

• explorer7 likes this

#5 explorer7

explorer7

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 299 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 12:11 AM

I haven't, but here's a thread on it:

https://mycotopia.ne...w/?fromsearch=1

Thank you!!!

#6 explorer7

explorer7

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 299 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 12:12 AM

Sclerotia make my stomach turn, too. However, I think the fruits have that same metallic nutty taste which stays in your mouth for hours.

Hey elf, the weirdness is my favorite part of the trip. I love when things go dark and it's like I'm in the Alice in Wonderland forest or a Tim Burton set. Dark is beautiful to me.

D, you didn't tell the stones make your stomach nauseous ??? :D  You're hiding out vital info brother :D 

#7 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 400 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 12:35 AM

D, you didn't tell the stones make your stomach nauseous ??? :D You're hiding out vital info brother :D

Yes, they do, but only for like 10 to 20 minutes then it passes. Alot of people experience the same from shrooms. Alot of people say stones are easier on your stomach than either fresh or dry mushrooms.

I think it all depends on the person, but the norm is fresh stones are easier on stomachs, which is why I didnt mention it.

Last time I was nauseous with stones I think it was my fault for not drinking water with them. I used a sip of pop to wash down the mouthful of chewed sclerotia on a totally empty stomach...I was asking for it.
  • explorer7 likes this

#8 explorer7

explorer7

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 299 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 12:56 AM

D, you didn't tell the stones make your stomach nauseous ??? :D You're hiding out vital info brother :D

Yes, they do, but only for like 10 to 20 minutes then it passes. Alot of people experience the same from shrooms. Alot of people say stones are easier on your stomach than either fresh or dry mushrooms.

I think it all depends on the person, but the norm is fresh stones are easier on stomachs, which is why I didnt mention it.

Last time I was nauseous with stones I think it was my fault for not drinking water with them. I used a sip of pop to wash down the mouthful of chewed sclerotia on a totally empty stomach...I was asking for it.

As always Gratitude for your insights brother.

I've felt the nausea several times with the fruit bodies, and forced myself to keep them in and receive all their blessing and empowerment.

With the fruit bodies (cubensis that is, i haven't tried anything else yet) i always experience being plugged back into a generator of powerful soul energy, its like my "soul" is getting fueled with very high octane fuel coursing through my nervous system.  

Edited by explorer7, 29 November 2018 - 04:11 AM.

#9 explorer7

explorer7

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 299 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 01:04 AM

I have as I was one of the folks who introduced the strain here. All sclerotia make me vomit. There is some irritant in them that doesn’t sit well with me. They are easy to fruit so I would recommend just casing them and getting the fruit bodies which are easy to digest and result in a positive experience every time. There is no dark side to them, no annoying alien archetype weirdness, unlike some cubensis strains, just pure spirit. Good luck!

γνῶθι σεαυτόν
gnothi seauton
know thyself

Elfstone great to hear from you.  A couple years back you were so kind to send me a print of the Chicon Nindo ... i'm very grateful for this sacred gift!

Here are 2 jars i started Oct 29, 2017 .... over 1 year ago

I wonder if there're any stones in it ... or if the mycelium is now too dry to fruit???

IMG_20181128_215817.jpg

IMG_20181128_215759.jpg

IMG_20181128_215817.jpg

#10 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• App Administrator
  • 5,340 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 November 2018 - 05:53 AM

γνῶθι σεαυτόν
gnothi seauton
know thyself

do you find the same to be true for all for the sclerotia producers when eating the fruit body "there is no dark side"

#11 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 400 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 12:44 PM

γνῶθι σεαυτόν
gnothi seauton
know thyself

Elfstone great to hear from you. A couple years back you were so kind to send me a print of the Chicon Nindo ... i'm very grateful for this sacred gift!

I wonder if there're any stones in it ... or if the mycelium is now too dry to fruit???
IMG_20181128_215817.jpg
IMG_20181128_215759.jpg
IMG_20181128_215817.jpg

Those jars look healthy I'm sure they'll do fine.

This species doesnt really produce stones well, but fruits great.

Since there are no visible stones against the glass, I'd assume there aren't any. If it were me, I'd spawn that to a mixture that includes poo, that way you introduce moisture to the substrate and for me so far Mexicanas perform better in poo than straight cased grain.

If you decide not to, the casing should provide the moisture necessary for growth. They really seem to like an almost muddy casing, then let it dry to normal over a day or 2. I think the mycelium sucks it all up right before they're about to pin.
  • explorer7 likes this

#12 elfstone

elfstone

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 209 posts

Donator

Posted 29 November 2018 - 08:23 PM

I tolerate the fruiting bodies with zero body load. They are uplifting with a positive spin and no dark edges. The sclerotia, on the other hand, cause my throat to feel scratchy, tighten, and produce a lot of secretions, an umbiguous allergic response. There is something in the scerotia that is not present at all in the fruiting bodies.
  • explorer7 likes this

#13 explorer7

explorer7

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 299 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 08:33 PM

I tolerate the fruiting bodies with zero body load. They are uplifting with a positive spin and no dark edges. The sclerotia, on the other hand, cause my throat to feel scratchy, tighten, and produce a lot of secretions, an umbiguous allergic response. There is something in the scerotia that is not present at all in the fruiting bodies.

Definitely sounds like an allergic response.

I get exactly the same from Macademia nuts!

• Deleena24 likes this

#14 elfstone

elfstone

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 209 posts

Donator

Posted 30 November 2018 - 07:05 PM

If that bag was colonized a year ago, it will produce an abundance of carpophores once it is cased.  Make sure you have good air flow and high humidity to get mature specimens that you can take spore prints from.  We have found that placing the caps on a glass slide inside a petri dish and using a syringe to moisten the caps twice daily will result in good heavy prints.  Good luck!

• coorsmikey and explorer7 like this

#15 explorer7

explorer7

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 299 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:49 PM

γνῶθι σεαυτόν
gnothi seauton
know thyself

Elfstone great to hear from you. A couple years back you were so kind to send me a print of the Chicon Nindo ... i'm very grateful for this sacred gift!

IMG_20181128_215817.jpg
IMG_20181128_215759.jpg
IMG_20181128_215817.jpg

Those jars look healthy I'm sure they'll do fine.

This species doesnt really produce stones well, but fruits great.

Since there are no visible stones against the glass, I'd assume there aren't any. If it were me, I'd spawn that to a mixture that includes poo, that way you introduce moisture to the substrate and for me so far Mexicanas perform better in poo than straight cased grain.

If you decide not to, the casing should provide the moisture necessary for growth. They really seem to like an almost muddy casing, then let it dry to normal over a day or 2. I think the mycelium sucks it all up right before they're about to pin.

D, brother which of the stone producing varieties is your favorite?

Galindoi, Tampanesis, Jalisco, Chicon Nindo?

something else i haven't heard of ? :D

#16 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 400 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:16 PM

Galindoi, for sure. The size and amount of stones is amazing, as well as the speed and strength of the mycelium. It seems the easiest to fruit so far, and also produced the largest fruits.

My favorite fruiter may change as my technique evolves, but for stones, Atl7 is king, no doubt, followed closely by tampanensis, which also fruits easily for me, but the fruits are smaller.

I wish I could find some Mexicana A strain...I've heard great things about it but have never worked with it.

I've never worked with Chicon Nindo but I hear its virtually identical to Jalisco both with stones and the fruits. Tiny stones in both cases, better just to go for fruits and consider any stones extra cream on top. All will be pea sized or smaller, and almost black. Jalisco is a very slow colonizer in comparison to the others.
  • explorer7 likes this

#17 explorer7

explorer7

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 299 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 11:58 AM

Galindoi, for sure. The size and amount of stones is amazing, as well as the speed and strength of the mycelium. It seems the easiest to fruit so far, and also produced the largest fruits.

My favorite fruiter may change as my technique evolves, but for stones, Atl7 is king, no doubt, followed closely by tampanensis, which also fruits easily for me, but the fruits are smaller.

I wish I could find some Mexicana A strain...I've heard great things about it but have never worked with it.

I've never worked with Chicon Nindo but I hear its virtually identical to Jalisco both with stones and the fruits. Tiny stones in both cases, better just to go for fruits and consider any stones extra cream on top. All will be pea sized or smaller, and almost black. Jalisco is a very slow colonizer in comparison to the others.

D, thanks again!

I've put my last tiny bit of Mexicanae A syringe into LC.

If I can get it to fruit, you'll get the first print!

If I can't get it to fruit, I'll send you a agar plate :)

#18 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 400 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 07:13 PM

That would be amazing. I'll have prints for everyone of tamp atl and jalisco very soon, I'd be happy to return the favor.

#19 elfstone

elfstone

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 209 posts

Donator

Posted Yesterday, 09:55 AM

Ps. Galindo, Ps. tampanensua are local variants of Ps. mexicana. The sclerotia of Ps. tampanensis are tolerated better by some folks, including myself, but my wife cannot keep them down for more than a few minutes. The fruit bodies are all well tolerated by everyone I know who works with them.
  • explorer7 likes this

#20 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 400 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:57 AM

Genetically, all of the stone producers are P. Mexicana variants. Apparently, the only true separate species is P. Atlantis, but good luck finding it.

I've looked and looked. Anyone selling "Atlantis" is misconstruing Atl#7...
  • explorer7 likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!