• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 doublejunoo

doublejunoo

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 08:46 AM

Found some mushrooms today. Basically looking for a magic variety. Can someone help me identify these?878697738d44f5e52dae8767ae344628.jpg6525f1c81da8e9bfbca6160bc3ec1182.jpg2dec115dfa267f33bdfae7051ad1f412.jpg32b9b717bf084d124da6ca5ed866b2c1.jpg13458ac970e611014ae9686c873b1faf.jpgaaf1af3f8e31cf177593513b4e09c9fd.jpg

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk
  • Amanita Versicula likes this

#2 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,242 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 November 2018 - 10:50 AM

Really nice photos. 

What color is the sporeprint?

#3 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,414 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 November 2018 - 02:55 PM

I don't think they are the kind you are looking for, although I can't ID them for sure. They don't appear to have a pellicle, which is the layer of slime on top of the cap and I don't see any blue bruising in the pics which is another key element of the magic inside. Sorry I can't do better for an ID. Next time leave them whole and show a cross section, add in general location, what they were growing on and what kind of trees were present if you can. All that helps with an ID. 

#4 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,201 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 November 2018 - 03:17 PM

not magic, compare to Cortinarius sp., just a guess though

#5 doublejunoo

doublejunoo

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 05:28 AM

Really nice photos.

Friend said they look brown to a purplish brown. But, when a picture is taken it's just brown.

Really nice photos.

Brown, purplish brown

Edited by coorsmikey, 26 November 2018 - 11:39 AM.

#6 Amanita Versicula

Amanita Versicula

Sanity Within

• OG VIP
  • 236 posts

Donator

Posted 26 November 2018 - 02:04 PM

They look like BLEWITTS the ones at least on the red background.

i found what i believed to be Wild Magic-a lot but wasn't sure & tired of researching.

Plant everything until i come across it online.

IF THEY are kinda LAVENDER then i would certainly say Blewitts.

a good rule of thumb (for me) when foraging~

IS TO SEE WHAT IS REALLY THERE & NOT WHAT I WANNA SEE...Just my rule...Blewitts are delicious.

Do they smell like apricots?

#7 doublejunoo

doublejunoo

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 05:39 PM

They look like BLEWITTS the ones at least on the red background.

i found what i believed to be Wild Magic-a lot but wasn't sure & tired of researching.
Plant everything until i come across it online.
IF THEY are kinda LAVENDER then i would certainly say Blewitts.

a good rule of thumb (for me) when foraging~
IS TO SEE WHAT IS REALLY THERE & NOT WHAT I WANNA SEE...Just my rule...Blewitts are delicious.
Do they smell like apricots?

Thank you. They smell really earthy and nutty. You guys are so much help. I appreciate everything.

#8 Amanita Versicula

Amanita Versicula

Sanity Within

• OG VIP
  • 236 posts

Donator

Posted 29 November 2018 - 08:30 AM

Then i was wrong~again~

Sorry-it's hard to conclude when not seeing "LIVE'....

GLAD to 'see' you forage thou....There's a world of FUNGI out there.

And again, i think i threw out a bunch of psycho-actives cuz they didn't turn blue ~which is the psilocybin component.

BUT there is also the "psilocin"which according to Stamets, does NOT turn blue~but produces the desired "effect".

Everything i find that has possibilities of being what i am looking for~i squish in "like conditions" around my property for the following year-if THEY so choose to grow back. I figure by then, i will have come to some "conclusion" as to their identity.

IT has worked! and i really don't have to go far to find my friends T.T; Birch Polypores-etc.

Sorry i wasn't of any help+

Keep foraging~and thou i don't like to see him {Stamets} make so much $$$-maybe you should invest in his book~

which i am finally really reading after 4 years of owning~PSILOCYBIN MUSHROOMS OF THE WORLD.

IS "it" a great book?  I have nothing to compare IT to; but i need/want for my collection (books).

Anything i can learn about FUNGI is good knowledge for me~as i do drink daily~ medicinal fungi. The point IS my friend, that there are still great fungi that is NOT psycho-active, but extremely beneficial to ones health.

Especially when one has abused their body w/chemicals all their lives~like me.

Good luck~keep looking~thanks for sharing~U may be surprised at what you find/have found.

Ps~perhaps sharing in Wild Mushroom forum~someone there may know~

~ALSO~i have an APP on my fone-which i have not tried yet~found in Google Play~it's free

which U send a picture & they I.D for you.

I can't say if there is a charge or not BUT U can check it out~"Rozpozn NI HUB"

THERE ARE LOTS of apps there~regarding edible vs. non-edible etc. Another one i found there is "BOOK of MUSHROOMS" WHICH has clear pics & comprehensible characteristics of the shroom in question.

Be Well~PeAcE~r

Edited by Amanita Versicula, 29 November 2018 - 08:34 AM.

• doublejunoo likes this

#9 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,518 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 December 2018 - 02:59 PM

A photo before you pluck them, to see what they look like and what they are growing in or near, more pics of the tops of the caps, a spore print to see the color on white paper, a pinched stem to see the color and what they look like dried would help out with ID';s. From the one pic of the cap, they could be cyans, but I would have to see some of the rest of what I described to make a proper ID. If so, they will keep coming back and you can take some more pics and repost.

• Amanita Versicula and doublejunoo like this

#10 doublejunoo

doublejunoo

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 10:38 AM

You guys may like this photo. I found it to be beautiful. b2b9102f7252818c8c295b8ff1a6d600.jpg

• happy4nic8r, Amanita Versicula and Turdly81 like this

#11 Turdly81

Turdly81

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 221 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 11:46 AM

You guys may like this photo. I found it to be beautiful. b2b9102f7252818c8c295b8ff1a6d600.jpg

That is really pretty. Wouldnt mind a tattoo like that
  • doublejunoo likes this

#12 doublejunoo

doublejunoo

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 12:14 PM

Interesting idea. It would make a great tattoo. I have been meaning to get a mushroom tattoo of some kind. If you decide to do that. Please share.

• Turdly81 likes this

#13 Turdly81

Turdly81

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 221 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 12:45 PM

I think I'm going to eventually

#14 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 710 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 December 2018 - 01:51 PM

Personally, I don't know how I feel about a tattoo of a turd no matter how appealing the mushrooms growing from it are...

• Amanita Versicula, jkdeth and doublejunoo like this

#15 Turdly81

Turdly81

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 221 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 03:02 PM

Lol

#16 Amanita Versicula

Amanita Versicula

Sanity Within

• OG VIP
  • 236 posts

Donator

Posted 05 December 2018 - 11:54 PM

A photo before you pluck them, to see what they look like and what they are growing in or near, more pics of the tops of the caps, a spore print to see the color on white paper, a pinched stem to see the color and what they look like dried would help out with ID';s. From the one pic of the cap, they could be cyans, but I would have to see some of the rest of what I described to make a proper ID. If so, they will keep coming back and you can take some more pics and repost.

FOUND a bunch of FUNGI that looked exactly like Cyans-exactly. Yet they had "NO BLUING"...Which, according to Stamets' and others. Cyans DO+ The print was blackish. A little purple & a little brown. The purple could have been from the ink on the other side. I wasn't sure BUT FOUND A BUNCH+++SO i did my thing of "squishing" and will see IF THEY COME BACK.

It was late in the season; no where near where i dump my failures OR where i had "planted" Cyans {Azures maybe} a few years back ---again-that's how i found this place~a Happy Day in that+ i had let the myc dry out>>was MY OWN FAULT!!!

After ALL the searching i had done to find out what to use for substrate-having only ever grown Cubes. THERE WILL BE ANOTHER TIME-right?

And doublejunoo

OR ANYONE IN FACT-SHOULD WATCH LEARN YOUR LAND on U-tube.

Adam has LOTS OF VIDS & MAKES WILD MUSHROOMS very COMPREHENSIBLE. AND YOU CAN EMAIL HIM+

Edited by Amanita Versicula, 06 December 2018 - 12:01 AM.

• doublejunoo likes this

#17 doublejunoo

doublejunoo

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:38 AM

Personally, I don't know how I feel about a tattoo of a turd no matter how appealing the mushrooms growing from it are...
Acorn, man. It's an acorn.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!