10 replies to this topic

#1 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,337 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 November 2018 - 12:51 AM

I'm not sure about this one, there were a few off colours on the oats, so it's outside...

I used pasteurised pea straw. Any fruits that come from it are a bonus (I was going to turf the oats due to colour...)

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF6631.JPG

• Billcoz likes this

#2 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 399 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 03:54 AM

I'm not sure about this one, there were a few off colours on the oats, so it's outside...

I used pasteurised pea straw. Any fruits that come from it are a bonus (I was going to turf the oats due to colour...)

Hey, where you at in the world, you spell words funny, like "coloUr" for color, and I bet you type "favourites" as well lol, just kiddin.

It must be warm if you expect fruits, it would freez here in the midwest U.S.(sucks). I hate cold but family is here.

So, those oats are full of B+? How'd you inoculate them?

#3 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,337 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 November 2018 - 06:40 AM

I have a B+ LC that I inoculated about a fortnight ago.

Yeah I heard about the freeze in the US. And the Tweet. Poor trumpet, he just cant win...

I tried to isolate anything that looked too ... colourful, even so I'm not expecting much, I'm kind of expecting the mycellium to plod along until Trich gets it, which is why it's outside...

• Billcoz likes this

#4 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 400 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 03:41 PM

That honestly look good so far to me. Keep us updated.

#5 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 710 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 November 2018 - 11:38 PM

I’m curious as to how pea straw will work for you... Seems like it would be high in nitrogen.

Cereal a Straws like oat and wheat are staples. I don’t have access to pea straw and know nothing about how well it serves as a mushroom substrate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,337 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 November 2018 - 02:07 AM

Yeah I thought it would have more nitrogen too I hope it doesnt become nitrogen for Trich...

Ive tried Oysters on it and they ripped through it... but they rip through anything.

Coir is really good for Kings, they love tannins (which coir has bags of)...

#7 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,337 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 November 2018 - 02:27 AM

If interested in coir:

https://www.maximumy...oco-coir/2/2678

Only thing it lacks is nitrogen, which most spawn is full of, or else throw some pea straw in it :-).

33% tannin is what the kings LOVE. Throw some pea straw in it and it starts looking like a square meal... at least for mushrooms.

#8 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 399 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 03:20 AM

I have a B+ LC that I inoculated about a fortnight ago.

Ha, you said "fortnight", you must be somewhere in Europe.

I had a tiny bit of a B+ spore syringe that I nocked some BRF/water with, and I just put a tiny piece of myc from two of the three into agar, which has started groing out a tiny bit.

I also made 3 "LI", or "slurry", "myc water" syringes(whatever it's called) with one of the brf/h2o/myc "pucks", though there was no visible myc, just beige, brf colored liquid, apparently they should have some alive inside.

I aspirated it with 3, full, 10cc syringes of water, and got 2 full and one half full, which I'll be testing on agar, then hitting some popcorn pints, and using to make some cultures(B+) for long term keeping.

I also have two B+, 1/2 pint brf jars fully colonized, that I'm gonna grate up and spawn to bulk at a 1:2:2(spawn/coir/verm) ratio, in a 6 quart "shoebox" tub, which I'll cover with foil for 10-14 days and add a top tub making a "dubtub", which work pretty good.

Fae is dialed in with micropore tape and/or tyvec pieces(polyfil's ugly) and a tiny fan, across from the tubs in the grow room, blowing away, keeps some condensation in top tub and walls, grows bigger fruits than brf cakes so far for me.\

Thought I'd put that in your B+ grow log.

#9 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,337 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 December 2018 - 11:06 PM

Colonising...

I like the rhyzomatic growth. They seem to like pea straw.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF6645.JPG
  • DSCF6642.JPG

• Deleena24 and Billcoz like this

#10 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,337 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:49 PM

Found this :-)

https://feedtables.c...ent/wheat-straw

#11 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,337 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 December 2018 - 10:09 PM

Continuing to colonise, there have been 2 days of 38 (and last night a minimum of 28)... Is there knotting? And, to anyone else who's done cube logs, will it fruit out the air holes, or do I have to cut some? 

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF6648.JPG
  • DSCF6647.JPG

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!