30 replies to this topic

#21 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,365 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 November 2018 - 03:26 AM

Has anyone tried using coconut milk as a LC base?

#22 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,365 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 November 2018 - 12:14 PM

(sorry I meant coconut water lol)

#23 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 755 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 November 2018 - 12:50 PM

I was just talking about this with my buddy the other day... I have not tried but my thoughts were that it should perform similarly to potato dextrose and a brief google search seemed to support that... I am sure someone on here has given it a try.

#24 sandman

sandman

Darth Cultivar

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,396 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 November 2018 - 01:07 PM

I haven't tried coconut water, it's kind of expensive and there are so many things that work so good. Grain soak water is good and malt extract is good. Save your grain soak/simmer water and freeze it in a ziplock or such, dilute 1:1 or so for great LC.

• raymycoto likes this

#25 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,365 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 November 2018 - 08:36 PM

I haven't tried coconut water, it's kind of expensive and there are so many things that work so good. Grain soak water is good and malt extract is good. Save your grain soak/simmer water and freeze it in a ziplock or such, dilute 1:1 or so for great LC.

I hadnt thought of the soak water. I'd filter it first :-).

#26 TheArchangel

TheArchangel

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 09:31 PM

Hey guys, Is this normal? it's been only 5 days since I inoculated this jar for LC. And on day 3 I noticed this big puffy myc. I mean can I use it already? I didn't expect it to be like this so quick. Should I put it on the stirrer until it dissolves? I did put it on the stirrer early today for about 40 mins.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_4641.JPG
  • IMG_4643.JPG

Edited by TheArchangel, 14 December 2018 - 09:31 PM.

• coorsmikey likes this

#27 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 755 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 December 2018 - 10:41 PM

I am having a hard time seeing in your photos... Did you start it from agar or MS? 5 days is awfully quick for MS...

Here is a photo of a Golden Oyster LC I started from another LC.... It was aggressive... This is after 3 days which I thought was fast.

IMG_0542.jpg

I can’t see your photos well enough to really tell but if it is filled with what appears to be myc, try a test jar first....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by PJammer24, 14 December 2018 - 10:43 PM.

#28 TheArchangel

TheArchangel

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 12:51 AM

Yeah mine looks like yours, maybe thicker. I used spores. There were lots of clots of spores in the syringe that got then transferred onto the jar. Another LC jar I did on the same day, but from a different strain, is no where near this one. On that one you could see some minor growth if looking really close. Difference between the two jars I see is that the one in question has got spores clots in it.

How much of this should I use to inoculate a 1/2 pint jar?

#29 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 470 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 09:25 AM

When I accidentally shot clots into my LC it was super fast, identical to yours. The spores dont have to look too hard for a mate. Just make sure to give that thing a good shake to break things up, and continue stirring a couple times a day.

You can use it in a few days, I find if you let the mycelium use most of the nutes before you use it, they contam less.

Looking good BTW.

Use the LC like spore water. 1 to 2 ml per jar, more if you can spare the extra water in the grain. You can also shake after innoculation.

Edited by Deleena24, 15 December 2018 - 09:28 AM.

#30 TheArchangel

TheArchangel

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 12:18 AM

Cool thx.

#31 TheArchangel

TheArchangel

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 35 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:27 PM

Is this bad? I used it yesterday and today I found it developed this brownish clot.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_4650.JPG
  • IMG_4651.JPG

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!