• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Sikfreud

Sikfreud

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 01:36 PM

Does anyone have any advice on some good CBD strains. Id like to do a few CBD runs. I'm tired of friends and family getting gouged on tinctures.

#2 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 562 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 November 2018 - 03:19 PM

my partner bought  CBD oil for the  dog ...........really for the dog !...on line ...it was straight up mineral oil . 

I called credit card ,to dispute , but visa had already refunded our money , i guess Visa knows who has  bunk .

Edited by bezevo, 28 November 2018 - 03:23 PM.

• PJammer24 and Sikfreud like this

#3 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,967 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 November 2018 - 08:25 PM

I am by far not an expert on the subject, but I have researched a little on it for Family I thought could benefit from CBD strains. Charlotte's Web seems to be the most talked about or popular strain. Along with ACDC, Ringo's Gift, Harlequin and Harle-Tsu being some others to look in to. Here is some info I'm quoting from another site with statistics.

5 of the Most Popular High CBD /Low THC Strains

1 – ACDC (The Marijuana Strain That Leaves You Feeling Thunderstruck)
ACDC-Eye-Level.png
This strain is a 50/50 hybrid and has one of the highest CBD: THC ratios around. You can get up to 20% CBD versions of 
ACDC, and while some contain up to 6% of THC, it is possible to get one with as little as 0.42%. As it is still above the 0.3% threshold, you won’t find ACDC in CBD oil form.
Once you consume ACDC, you’ll experience a strong euphoric feeling which makes you calm and happy. It is ideal for daytime use as it tends to make users more focused on their work and it also increases your sociability.
ACDC is generally used to treat anxiety, inflammation, migraines, nausea, neuropathy, arthritis and bipolar disorder. It is also a favorite for people with chronic pain, and it is even a good choice if you’re looking to mitigate the effects of chemotherapy treatment.

2 – Charlotte’s Web (The World’s Most Famous Marijuana Strain)
This world famous strain is indica dominant (60%) and was the focus of a bid to legalize high CBD strains. It helped reduce the seizures of Charlotte Figi, and it has a CBD content as high as 20%. Charlotte’s Web is extremely low in THC which means it can be sold as a food supplement.
Obviously, there is no ‘high’ associated with this strain, and it provides users with no cerebral effect. In fact, if it weren’t for its pain relieving ability, you wouldn’t even realize you’ve taken anything. Charlotte’s Web is typically consumed in 
CBD oil form rather than being smoked.
As well as its known effectiveness when treating pediatric seizure disorders such as Dravet’s Syndrome, Charlotte’s Web is used to help with migraines, fatigue, fibromyalgia, muscle spasms, and arthritis.

3 – Ringo’s Gift (The Marijuana Strain That Has Nothing to do With Ringo Starr!)
This is a slightly sativa dominant (60%) strain with a CBD: THC ratio as high as 20:1. You can find strains of Ringo’s Gift with up to 20% CBD and as little as 1% THC. It is a cross of ACDC and Harle-Tsu; both are known for their high level of CBD.
Ringo’s Gift has an earthy hash taste, and aroma and users tend to experience an element of cerebral activity while their body feels soothed and relaxed. Due to the low THC content, the high you receive is mild yet noticeable. It begins in the head and slowly but surely, you benefit from a body buzz that keeps you relaxed but not couch locked.
It is a popular strain for people with chronic pain, anxiety, arthritis, gastrointestinal disorder, stress, PTSD and 
muscle spasms. As Ringo’s Gift keeps you relaxed yet alert and ensures you remain sociable, it is a good choice for daytime medication.

4 – Harle-Tsu (The Painkilling Marijuana Strain)[/size]

This indica dominant (60%) strain is a cross of Sour Tsunami and Harlequin strains and contains up to 22% CBD against less than 1% THC. It is a relatively rare bud, but we imagine that won’t be the case for long given its popularity.
The Harle-Tsu high is rather mellow, and instead of providing you with a body or cerebral high, this strain works well as a painkiller. You will feel something of a buzz behind the eyes at first and then your body will feel completely free and relaxed.
You should feel energized and motivated with Harle-Tsu which means it is excellent for daytime use. It works well to treat conditions such as PMS, PTSD, migraines, depression, inflammation, and insomnia.

5 – Harlequin (The Unique Hybrid Marijuana Strain)
cbd-marijuana-strains1.jpg
This famous sativa dominant (75%) strain has the highest level of THC on the list, but it is also notable for having a high level of CBD of at least 10%. The resulting 5:2 CBD: THC ratio means Harlequin is ideal for use during the day as it keeps you alert and energetic.
Oddly enough, 
Harlequin is also useful for relaxing and staying calm, and it has a soothing effect all over the body and in the head. The high THC content is somewhat negated by the high CBD content so it should be okay to smoke it during the day, although dry eyes are a side effect.
Harlequin is used to combat chronic pain, depression, inflammation, migraines, PTSD, and stress. Overall, this strain is an excellent pain reliever, so we recommend using it as a means of helping you wean yourself off pharmaceutical drugs.

• Myc, Lakegal7 and Sikfreud like this

#4 Sikfreud

Sikfreud

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 09:37 PM

Thanks,

I think I'll just have to go for it and pick one or one I can readily get lol.  They all sound good:)

#5 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,488 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 November 2018 - 10:12 PM

+1 for Charlotte's Web

• Sikfreud likes this

#6 Sikfreud

Sikfreud

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 11:29 PM

lol apparently one cannot obtain Charlotte's web beans :P that's okay I 'll try something else :P

#7 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,661 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 December 2018 - 08:47 PM

HighLo by House of Great Gardener is amazing !

20:1 ....  11.5% CBD and 0.58% THC. Requires light-dep outside (worked great) but is very good indoors. 

http://houseofthegre...dpress/strains/

Attached Thumbnails

• highlo_9659_1_.jpg

• Skywatcher, Lakegal7 and Sikfreud like this

#8 Phungivore

Phungivore

ɹǝuoɟ ƃuıʞɔnʇs

• OG VIP
  • 682 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 01:46 AM

not seen the lab results for royal queen seeds, but my friend ran the strain called dance world liked it a lot was high cbd. been reading about some cbd seed from TGA seeds, pennywise and deadlights i believe are they have and both are cbd rich.

I have been wanting some high cbd stuff since seems to be the ticket for my migraines and other aches too.

maybe this news of trump legalizing hemp and cbd will make it easier for a guy like me to get seeds high in cbd.

i'm sure gonna take alot longer to get THC legal from coast to coast

• Lakegal7 and Sikfreud like this

#9 Lakegal7

Lakegal7

Student of Life

• Free Member
  • 582 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:09 PM

Seedsman cannabis seeds is advertising a new strain that's
super high cbd and super low thc
I've grown two strains I bought from Seedsman
from medical marijuana called hyidrow and nightingale
I lost my hyidrow strain last summer but have continued to
grow nightingale. The hyidrow had a more sativa feel
while the nightingale is more of a indica bent.
That being said.. The two strains from medical marijuana
Green Doctor and another I can't recall the name never popped.
I'm soaking a new strain called Swiss dream that touts high cbd low thc
So won't have any info for a few months.
Check out Seedsman, they have a lot to choose from
As for nightingale, I hope to continue to grow her as long as she will
allow me to clone her. Excellent strain. She has helped my 18 year old cat,
chills out my grumpy dog, helps with pain relief for me and others
helps with clarity and relaxation of the mind and body
  • Phungivore and Skywatcher like this

#10 Sikfreud

Sikfreud

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:48 PM

Cool thanks for the info.

#11 Sikfreud

Sikfreud

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:58 PM

Ya I'm gonna grab some CBD beans soon. With legalization I still don't see prices dropping drastically for a while. :).
  • Lakegal7 likes this

#12 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,110 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 January 2019 - 04:03 PM

If you have friends out west who have been active in the industry, you might want to inquire... my experience is that it can be acquired with relative ease wholesale by the mason jar...

If that is not an option, your current course of action is sound!!

#13 swayambhu

swayambhu

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:10 PM

I've grown seedsman's cbd hash plant, 1:1 at a purported 5%, which is a good recreational smoke. I'm not sure of the breadth of its medicinal value, but it was good for my aches and pains and no hangover/stoneover the next day.
  • Lakegal7 likes this

#14 illigitimateJester

illigitimateJester

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 352 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:29 AM

feature1-4.jpg

This is a pic of High CBD Hemp.......

• Phungivore, Skywatcher and Lakegal7 like this

#15 twoguysupnorth

twoguysupnorth

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 12:56 PM

I don't think it's as well known as ones mentioned but I wanted to try deep tangerine (really hi and low %) that was a freebie once. Never did though. Yet. I'll be trying some as well. Just depends on when I can get a seed order in somewhere. I always worry about ordering CBS oil with so many out there that I've never heard of. I do get some occasionally from friend for free but I'd like to know exactly what it is and what's in it.

Edited by twoguysupnorth, 02 April 2019 - 12:59 PM.

• Lakegal7 likes this

#16 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,661 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 April 2019 - 01:27 PM

CBD Shatter 

Homegrown CBD strain: HighLo by House of Great Gardener
Home-distilled alcohol 95%
Vacuum distilled low temp
Purge oven

Attached Thumbnails

• 55803396_1666929116785663_8327879339982979072_n.jpg
  • 56450557_2178078498919060_2099992961952514048_n.jpg
  • 55881681_413711985857846_901304204235112448_n.jpg
  • 55686798_10218680031782063_7070834724175872000_n.jpg

• roc, Skywatcher, Lakegal7 and 1 other like this

#17 Lakegal7

Lakegal7

Student of Life

• Free Member
  • 582 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 April 2019 - 05:24 PM

I lost my nightingale after 3 years of cloning and failed
to produce seeds using the STS method.

I ended up having to re buy the Swiss dream
bean again GRR
The clincal white is about 4 weeks. The plant
looks very indica atm
My Swiss dream is just a babe but at least
it sprouted image.jpeg image.jpeg
  • twoguysupnorth likes this

#18 Lakegal7

Lakegal7

Student of Life

• Free Member
  • 582 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 April 2019 - 05:32 PM

CBD Shatter 
Purge oven

CBD Shatter 
Purge oven

Hyphenation
That is beautiful !
Could you explain your method in making your shatter?
I would love produce something like that

#19 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,661 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 April 2019 - 08:13 PM

3 to 10 minute soak with frozen everclear and frozen weed. Then there is further filtering if its for vapibles and not for edibles. After a charcoal filtering it gets the alcohol reclaimed and then the final product is vacuum purged to get the alcohol out.

• peacefrog and Lakegal7 like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!