#21 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,759 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 July 2019 - 01:00 AM

My only barometer on the HighLo is my girl friend who absolutely hates getting THC high ... she gets extremely anxious and anxiety on it. These resinous buds she can smoke/vape and even do dabs of shatter made from it. That was the big test. you still feel a relaxation but nothing at all like a high THC dab which would obliterate her. So I consider it a great success. 

• ethnobotanist420 and bezevo like this

#22 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,726 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 July 2019 - 01:29 AM

The old school Chocolate Trip was mostly CBD, with THC being in the minority. It was heady shit that most people harvested at 55-60 days, but if left for 85 the harvest doubles and the buzz is pretty staggering. Good combination of the good stuff in that one. The Chocolate Trip is still to be found in some dispensaries, although I am surprised. Maybe because it has the high CBD ratio. It was staggering if used very occasionally, but a tolerance to that effect was developed pretty damn fast. 

Edited by Coopdog, 04 July 2019 - 01:41 AM.

#23 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,759 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 July 2019 - 01:59 PM

Currently growing Dr. Seedsman 30:1 CBD , Pink Kush autoflower 30:1 CBD , Cookies and Chill 2:1 CBD , Blueberry Headband 2:1 CBD

#24 MycoBabe

MycoBabe

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 117 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 04:25 PM

Everyone is getting ne excited to buckle down and get a system again. I have a feiend getting a closed loop and i am so jealous. Everythign is still cowboy work where i am tho. Medical only barely. Lots to think about tho, i dont take CBD bc it doesnt really seem to help like they say it should. Maybe ots the strain. Idk

#25 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,759 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 July 2019 - 04:48 PM

One "problem" with CBD is that is blocks your THC receptors and that is one reason I don't consume CBD myself personally. I'd like to hear from a regular THC consumer that also consumes CBD as to whether they still get equally as high on THC after consuming CBD.

• ethnobotanist420 likes this

#26 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,655 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 July 2019 - 09:17 PM

One "problem" with CBD is that is blocks your THC receptors and that is one reason I don't consume CBD myself personally. I'd like to hear from a regular THC consumer that also consumes CBD as to whether they still get equally as high on THC after consuming CBD.

Mrs. Ethno and I have an interesting experience with this actually...

So Mrs. Ethno prefers high THC low CBD strains and she enjoys a THC level that would send me into a 6 hour ride into a paranoid, introspective hell hole... that’s being said she does smoke strains I grow for myself on occasion.

On one of my most recent grows I grew CBD Critical Cure for myself which had about 5% THC and 8% CBD and a freebie seed “Afghan Kush x Black Domina” for her which should have had loads of THC and very little CBD but the pheno was absolute shit and turned out to barely effect her.

So she was smoking some Green Crack we bought while we waited for my next run to finish. She ran out of the Green Crack and didn’t want to buy anymore weed since harvest was coming up relatively soon anyway so she started smoking the bud I grew for myself.

She was underwhelmed at first which is no surprise at 5% THC and 8% CBD but she smoked a bigger dose and got nice and roasted off it... a different kind of roasted than with high THC and low CBD strains but roasted none the less. she ended up really enjoying it! So she smoked that exclusively for about a month and then I harvested some really nice high THC low CBD bud for her (Northern Lights if I remember right) along with another CBD Critical Cure for myself.

Anyway to make a long ass story short she actually almost greened out when she had her first smoke of the northern lights... it wasn’t abnormally strong or anything a few of our friends had sampled it in much larger doses and it was definitely good but not THAT good. She had a much smaller dose of the Northern Lights than she did with the CBD Critical Cure because we knew it was stronger but it hit her like a ton of bricks.

This is interesting because she had been getting pretty damn baked off the CBD Critical Cure (again it’s a slightly different high but still a decent high) but it’s almost like the 4 weeks she spent smoking that were like a total tolerance reset for her. She kept getting pretty high off the CBD Critical Cure the whole time but it seems like her tolerance for THC didn’t go up at all but maybe went down some... Maybe the CBD had something to do with it?

This is interesting to me because I still get quite an effect THC wise from the CBD Critical Cure even after smoking it for a good long while (it’s a much less heady and paranoia inducing effect and more of a relaxed one but the THC can still be felt pretty well) you would think the effects of the THC would become less prominent but they haven’t really...

I know it’s completely anecdotal and it’s possible it’s something else altogether and has nothing to do with the CBD but both of us seem to find that CBD helps keep us from developing a tolerance to THC... or at least not developing one as rapidly as with high THC low CBD flower or concentrates.

At the same time tho, bud that has ALMOST no THC and Decent levels of CBD calm the effects of THC for both of us if taken right after THC...like a bit of an antidote to an uncomfortable THC experience.

I think that maybe what’s happening is the presence of CBD along with the THC is creating a much different type of high and when you go back to just THC you can really feel all the THC specific effects that are being muted by the CBD quite strongly and it was too much for her on that occasion.

Sorry for the long ass post but it’s very interesting to me... THC and CBD together feels so much different than THC alone yet still obviously very similar... I definitely love the combo and prefer it to THC only any day of the week but that’s just my taste... your mileage will likely vary.

EDIT: holy hell what a rant lol TL;DR is that CBD and THC together seem to blunt some of the effects of the THC but not all of them... tolerance seems to not be too effected and it seems to make you more sensitive to the effects of THC that were blunted by the CBD when you go back to just THC in Mrs. Ethno and my experience. We don’t notice it having much effect on THC tolerance but it might blunt some of the effects slightly while still letting others through... again... in our experiences. YMMV.

To actually answer your question: about equally as high but differently high I suppose is the best way I can put it.

Edited by ethnobotanist420, 04 July 2019 - 09:22 PM.

• Foster and Cuboid like this

#27 Foster

Foster

cyanophile

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,254 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 July 2019 - 12:42 AM

Just planted some Cherry Wine CBD F2- from their description "THC level will stay under 0.3% if harvested in early October outside, or day 45 indoor. CBD levels have been tested as high as 16-20%." West Creek CBD Connections. 3 out of 3 germed in 12 hrs

Also got some Chardonnay x (Cherry Wine x The Wife) high-CBD . Got ten of these free. Maybe next run ill try those.

Might hit this CW with my Siberian land race pollen, Could make it auto possibly.

NIce extract btw Hyph!  Damn always so impressive!

• ethnobotanist420 likes this

#28 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,655 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 July 2019 - 02:58 PM

Just planted some Cherry Wine CBD F2- from their description "THC level will stay under 0.3% if harvested in early October outside, or day 45 indoor. CBD levels have been tested as high as 16-20%." West Creek CBD Connections. 3 out of 3 germed in 12 hrs
Also got some Chardonnay x (Cherry Wine x The Wife) high-CBD . Got ten of these free. Maybe next run ill try those.
Might hit this CW with my Siberian land race pollen, Could make it auto possibly.
NIce extract btw Hyph! Damn always so impressive!

I’ve heard of Cherry Wine... sounds delicious... does the other cross have a similar canabinoid profile? Very low THC that is?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!