11 replies to this topic

#1 Sikfreud

Sikfreud

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 04:50 PM

Hi,
I was going to make some turmeric curcumin supplements in 00 caps. I was going to mix it with a bit of warm coconut oil. Well question is Is the bulk ground turmeric curcumin from the health food store what I want and/ or does anyone has any info on dosage?

Thanks
  • DenekNak likes this

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,852 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 November 2018 - 06:01 PM

Most turmeric is approx 3% curcumin by weight. That would require a small handful of 00 gel caps to do any good and I can only imagine how that would make a person smell. What you want to look for is turmeric extract which is a much higher percentage of curcumin. Consider taking with black pepper to help the body absorb the curcumin. I do believe about a gram a day is what most studies suggest. That would be about 33gr of turmeric a day without the extract. I suppose if you like Indian cuisine go for it.

• Sikfreud likes this

#3 Sikfreud

Sikfreud

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 101 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 06:05 PM

Wow that's crazy I may stay on motrin and Canna for the pain

#4 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,852 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 November 2018 - 07:53 PM

I wasn't trying to discourage you, Just trying to point out looking for an extract or making your own instead of eating straight turmeric. I would think that it would be better for your liver or kidney than Ibuprofen. Have you looked into Kratom yet? for the pain, not so much the inflammation. 

• Coopdog and Sikfreud like this

#5 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• App Administrator
  • 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 November 2018 - 09:35 PM

i believe coconut oil will degrade the capsules too

look into growing broccoli sprouts and kale micro greens.  sulforaphane is present in highest antiquates in broccoli sprouts.  easy to grow at home and add to food and smoothies. 

• Coopdog, PapMyc and Sikfreud like this

#6 Sikfreud

Sikfreud

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 101 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 01:11 AM

Thanks for the info guys.  I have not looked into Kratom but will.  I was micro dosing canna caps but it would build up quickly and I had side affects.  I need to do a CBD grow I think so the THC doesn't out dose the CBD.  I like to stay clear headed for work but need something for the inflammation and pain.  Like you said Ibuprofen isn't good for you.  LOL I need to research mushrooms that help I'm sure there are some out there.  Sprouts freak me out for some reason lol but I could easily bust some out may have to try it..  I'll keep my eyes out for some fresh or dry whole turmeric and grind it myself and check out the prices on the extract.  I'm sure there are better options than killing my liver with the Motrin.  I want to do something that I can maybe grow myself that would be cool.  I want to do the Lions Mane I think that will help me out a lot I cant wait :)

Thanks so much for your feed back guys it is very appreciated.

• coorsmikey and Coopdog like this

#7 Sikfreud

Sikfreud

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 101 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 01:21 AM

Reishi right under my nose :P  Looking for love in all the wrong places :P I'll put that on my list right after lions mane. 

#8 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,852 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 November 2018 - 01:32 AM

I hope you stay in the pursuit of alleviating the inflammation naturally or by eliminating the cause. Sometimes our lifestyles don't make that easy. Your in the right place for support. Mushrooms, sprouts, herbs all are a good start. We at least have guided you to a good search. If i remember correctly. you are in a country that things may be hard to find? Maybe that was someone else? Please continue to reach out and you have some relief soon!

• PsyBearknot and Sikfreud like this

#9 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 12,939 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 November 2018 - 10:22 AM

QiGong

• Coopdog and Sikfreud like this

#10 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,505 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 November 2018 - 01:39 PM

Turmeric is something I tried for a few months and put aside as marginal at best. However now I intend to delve back in to it (curcumin though not straight Turmeric) as an old guitar player friend has been taking it daily for over a year. He has arthritis so bad his little finger was stiff and he could not bend it whatsoever, and after taking the turmeric capsules for a year, he can bend it and touch it to his palm with no pain and he is even able to use it playing guitar again. That's a pretty powerful endorsement in my book. 

Kratom is a Godsend for pain for me. Look for the White Maeng Da or the White Borneo, or white Hulu strains as some of the better strains consistantly that are available. I just got some WHite Hulu that is so energetic I can't take it after 5-6 pm or it keeps my mind racing all night long and is awesome for work. I have been skipping through my days recently with a minimum of pain and Arthritis is a big problem for me as well. 

Good luck and hope you can find something that helps you

• coorsmikey and Sikfreud like this

#11 Sikfreud

Sikfreud

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 101 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 02:04 PM

Awesome,

You guys always hook me up on the info and open my eyes to so many other things. I'm going to be looking for teks for the Lions mane and others but I'll throw that on the medical mushroom forum. Can't wait. I want to get supplies and everything ready to roll. Hehe.

I'll update this if I try the curcumin
Thanks!!!
  • Coopdog likes this

#12 Sikfreud

Sikfreud

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 101 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 02:08 PM

QiGong

I definitely want to try some tiachi or Qigong. I am meditating and doing some Yoga with the wife.
  • Coopdog likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!