• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 DanceOfBliss

DanceOfBliss

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 04:39 PM

I have some half pints starting to grow mycelium! I was gifted a qtr pint that was ready to birth last night, so I soaked it 12 hours and made it its own FC today. ab9a01fdfe87fd7b4ab04a47a020f9ee.jpge93d25735371ebb514e1cc64f7b81831.jpgb4aaf26ddef5a00c2e061a1a6bdfaafd.jpg
  • Billcoz, r36r0w7h and Turdly81 like this

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,425 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 November 2018 - 04:55 PM

Looking good! Can't wait to see some mushrooms growing now. Don't forget the "Pin dance" when you get em!

• DanceOfBliss likes this

#3 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 710 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 November 2018 - 04:58 PM

Looking good! Can't wait to see some mushrooms growing now. Don't forget the "Pin dance" when you get em!

The pin dance animation is no longer an option.....!! I have complained of this in the past!! Perhaps I did not complain to the proper department!!  :biggrin:  :bat:

#4 Turdly81

Turdly81

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 221 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 05:01 PM

Did u do more today? What spores did u use?

#5 DanceOfBliss

DanceOfBliss

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 05:02 PM

I’m starting to get SUPER excited, so yes I’m sure I’m either going to be doing the pin dance or jumping up and down with joy!

#6 DanceOfBliss

DanceOfBliss

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 05:03 PM

Did u do more today? What spores did u use?

My SO just got some BRF so I can put more in the PC tonight! Well, if I have time. If not tonight, tomorrow! That first pic is from inoculating the first batch

#7 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,425 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 November 2018 - 05:08 PM

The pin dance animation is no longer an option.....!! I have complained of this in the past!! Perhaps I did not complain to the proper department!!  :biggrin:  :bat:

I will look for it. I have stashed in a lost thread somewhere. If I can find it I will see about getting it back. Not sure if I can add it here anymore, but can have it in chat though.

• PJammer24 likes this

#8 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 710 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 November 2018 - 05:23 PM

I’m starting to get SUPER excited, so yes I’m sure I’m either going to be doing the pin dance or jumping up and down with joy!

Jumping up and down with joy is pretty much the same as the pin dance... Kinda like exactly...

• PsyBearknot and DanceOfBliss like this

#9 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 399 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 08:53 PM

Yo I love the FC you made for the cake, I'm giving some Xmas gifts just like that to people, small FCs I am making from different items with a cake or a small tray inside a self contained FC, I have some different domed cookie dishes and other things I've collected, What kind of clear container is that, is it a water jug? 

I used a 3 gallon water jug for three cakes, worked good, but I made it sort of like a shotgun FC with small holes everywhere and 3 inches of wet perlite, I always use a piece of window screen to line the bottoms of SGFCs so perlite don't get everywhere. Now I see stuff all the time & I'm like, "ooh, that'd make a cool fruiting chamber!", like stuff that is normally trash.

I got some pints of popcorn going with B+ that I'm gonna spawn to coir/verm in small trays inside various FCs, I'll give them as gifts, if I can I will make it complete with instructions for misting/fanning, temps/humidity, how/when to harvest/re-soak, how to take prints ect.

It'll come with a flash drive/usb stick with the video "Let's Grow Mushrooms"(which I payed for), and the pdf "Magic For The Masses"(both of which I recommend to anyone wanting to learn to grow).

It will have other info and sources/websites like Mycotopia and Shroomery, and(maybe) a $15 gift card to a spore vendor(or maybe just a syringe I made), I think that would be the ultimate fuckin Christmas gift lol.

Your grow looks great so far, before you know it you'l have more shrooms than you need, I find ones around the house that I forgot I picked while I was busy so I set em down to do something, forget, and find em days later.

You find ways of using em up(if you aren't selling), I'm making "Blue Honey"(takes a long time before it actually get's blue), and micro dosing just to use em up, you could make an alcohol extract like "crystals of the gods", that is if they are magic ones, I forget if you even said what species of mycelium you have lol, I love this hobby! Good luck!

Edited by Billcoz, 30 November 2018 - 08:55 PM.

• happy4nic8r and DanceOfBliss like this

#10 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• App Administrator
  • 5,340 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 November 2018 - 09:07 PM

Jumping up and down with joy is pretty much the same as the pin dance... Kinda like exactly...

only if your doing high kicks dressed in a pink elephant suit!

GOD I MISS THE PIN DANCE!

Looking good man. 

what strain? 

#11 Turdly81

Turdly81

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 221 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 09:45 PM

I'm doing this for xmas too!! Chocolates and colonized Tupperware!!
  • Billcoz and DanceOfBliss like this

#12 DanceOfBliss

DanceOfBliss

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 10:11 AM

Uhmmm I can’t remember if this one is Hawaiian or Ecuador haha. It is written on the lid which is under it.

The container is from pretzel rods, seems to be a great size for a single cake.
  • Billcoz likes this

#13 Turdly81

Turdly81

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 221 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 11:17 AM

Uhmmm I can’t remember if this one is Hawaiian or Ecuador haha. It is written on the lid which is under it.

The container is from pretzel rods, seems to be a great size for a single cake.

Its ecuadore :)

#14 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 399 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 12:43 PM

Ha, last night when I first read this thread I had eaten a few dried Gs  & that art or mandala or whatever the pattern is in your first pic behind your supplies and it really caught my eye, it was very 3D in my screen and moving fast, it was bright and vivid, cool looking.

#15 DanceOfBliss

DanceOfBliss

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:32 PM

I think my one cake I have birthed may be cobweb mold, not mycelium? It hurts my nose and makes me stuffy when I smell it. It still hasn’t pinned. And it was growing through the verm layer before I birthed it. I’m nervous!
b5dddfa91c7a71f67b117524a3feb50e.jpga2efab6d478bbe1268b1615f4943c301.jpg

#16 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,337 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:43 PM

No looks like standard mycellium to me. Patience, patience, patience.

#17 DanceOfBliss

DanceOfBliss

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:44 PM

Currently looks like this!

dc90ce6ea3635732769ec9aad59d8ee7.jpg24ea6b3edfd2839926f214583882d72d.jpg

#18 DanceOfBliss

DanceOfBliss

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:46 PM

No looks like standard mycellium to me. Patience, patience, patience.

Ahhh thank you *sigh of relief*
I’m trying to be patient!

#19 Turdly81

Turdly81

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 221 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 11:48 PM

It looks like u were able to get more verm then I was. Maybe its eating its way through that first?

#20 DanceOfBliss

DanceOfBliss

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 02:59 PM

Is this....?!?!
817e9681706821ee7ae59b65525e761a.jpg
  • Appy likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!