• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 TheArchangel

TheArchangel

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 05:23 PM

So, on an empty stomach, I took 2.0g of dried powder cubes (brazilian strain) with a bit of honey. Three and half hours later, not on an empty stomach anymore, I took an added 1.5g in hopes to get me beyond the threshold I was clearly sensing....but it didn't do much of a difference....which didn't surprise me.

Considering that I had done some microdosing three times that week and may have built some tolerance do you think 3.0g for next dose sounds correct?

I'm looking to step up from last experience, which I'll describe shortly to give a general idea of the level I was at.

From start I had an attitude of not getting involved with any hallucination. First abnormality I noticed was of things looking bloated, fat and round. Most things didn't have straight edges, they were rounded instead. Most particularly my forearm looked this way and the color was like yellowish and not pleasant looking...no biggie. I don't think I experienced any heighten color perception or brightness. Not in the beginning at least.

I was having mood swings and was feeling some stomach discomfort...nothing too bad and I was still on an empty stomach.

Had a meal...nothing big.

Felt some restlessness and uneasiness but tried to keep calm and just go with it.

Thought watch this video (and others on this channel) from dear Terence mkenna

[Direct Link]

And in there changed my experience and I achieved a very desirable state that I now look forward to achieve, at least, on every trip. The medium I'll be using to get me there are videos like the above and others I can find that have similar animations.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS FOR NEW TRIPPERS as it changed my perception of things and made me connect to that higher state of mind. I would lose myself staring at the pictures/animations on this video and others from the same channel....I'm pretty sure these videos were made for this purpose.

I would find myself staring at these visuals and be aware of operating at a higher "frequency", that's how I felt like calling it, that were of a smarter person. There were no doubts in my thoughts....These were not thoughts of the mind cause I wasn't feeling any emotions....just knowledge and realization of things.

I kept having mood swings and some stomach discomfort that would come up if I, for whatever reason, went away from my room to quickly get into any regular activity with relatives..etc.

I can conclude that in my case I didn't have a good set or setting and struggled a little until I discovered these videos as a way to reach the higher state. I did go and tried revisiting a fantastic DMT visualization video that has the greatest visuals but that was not working as well for me cause it's only the visual and some weird noises that may be more fitted for a deeper state.

I felt at the edge of some breakthrough that I was certain was waiting for me but I realized I needed to upper the dose and 3 1/2 hours from first dosage I took an extra 1.5g.

I continued enjoying the trip but it didn't increase to that higher level...the extra I took didn't provide the results I was looking for but I guess it made the experience last longer.

Some 1 1/2 later I felt very tired and comfortably sleepy, went to bed and started playing some isochronic tones I have for meditation. I didn't fall asleep and instead got into this quiet deep thinking I have only achieved once or twice in my life after lots of effort in progressive relaxation and self hipnosis meditation sections several years ago. I laid there for about two hours then felt like getting up. The experience started washing off about 2 hours later.

I learned that the body symptoms (slight stomach discomfort) would come up along with the negative/or ordinary thoughts, when I would venture away from the calm state. If I would go back and focused on the video, for example, I then would reach this higher level and have no more bodily feelings etc.

Edited by TheArchangel, 30 November 2018 - 11:16 PM.

#2 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 757 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 December 2018 - 12:25 AM

I think taking mushrooms 3 hours later will have no effect due to how fast the tolerance builds.

Here's my 2 cents. In my opinion, better than upping the dose would be working on set and setting. If you feel that it isn't good, then try to make it better next time. Eventually, you'll figure out what works for you and what doesn't. And you might find that you get what you need from 2g instead of 3g. When I was brand new to psychedelics I made some mistakes in being too greedy and it wasn't a fun time. Be careful. :). 

If you treat it like it's sacred it becomes sacred. 

Edited by Guy1298, 01 December 2018 - 12:28 AM.

#3 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,510 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 December 2018 - 10:06 AM

I've never had luck with redosing the same day. It might lengthen the trip but has never intensified it.

And if I may make a suggestion - no TV and no videos.   These things anchor you here - and prevent you from getting there

The trip is inside your head, not on youtube

As for THE dose - some say to go big or go home. If you're an adventurer you could double your first dose. If you're careful you could bump the first dose up in 20 percent increments. You'll ultimately get to the same place but it will take several lesser trips to figure out where you're most comfortable.

Like all things - it's a learning curve you have to enjoy for yourself :)

Edited by pharmer, 01 December 2018 - 10:54 AM.

• Coopdog likes this

#4 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 12,581 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 December 2018 - 12:14 PM

Well, whether it's inside the head, or to the limits of the cosmos and beyond, is completely subjective.    I don't think I can put consciousness in any box.   Making any judgment on what is or isn't real life might not carry much weight at peak on the heroic dose.   I think it would be great would we not try to categorize our experiences in hindsight as well.    But of course, that would be the hardest thing.   It's that knower, having to know, that we got rid of for a bit up there on peak in being.    The knower, it seems, will not likely ever trust the being. 

Edited by Alder Logs, 01 December 2018 - 12:15 PM.

#5 TheArchangel

TheArchangel

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 04:53 AM

I ended up taking 3g that day. The stomach problems were bad and did not enjoy much or had any visuals other than same I got first time around. I felt relaxed awhile after the trip.

Following day I took 3g on a tea, without plant matter, and the stomach problems were not as bad but they were there. Better experience but I got some depressive feelings, some paranoid thoughts too often. I think I'm having too much resistance. I'm going back to microdosing for now, as I originally planned but got too curious and wanted to try the higher dosage. Prob do some 2g sessions once a week.

#6 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 12,581 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 December 2018 - 01:22 PM

I don't think like doses repeated the next day ever impress.   Halfway there is not something to write home about.   I would wait a good long time and read much more here, especially what TVCasualty has to say about halfway there trips.  It's his 'no-man's-land' experience.   I think there's something to that.  But your analyses of your experience in retrospect concern me that you are carrying quite a load of expectations and apprehension, and these become part of the internal set and setting.   When both the internal and external environment is something you can feel relaxed with, like in no perceivable sources of disturbance, maybe a good trusted sitter at a quiet distance, then go big in quiet darkness.*   

* I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on teevee.  Anything you do is your choice and will not hold Alder Logs or Mycotopia, Inc. to any charges of liability, forgiving any and all fuck-ups.

I agree: ________________________  Witnessed: ___________________________

Edited by Alder Logs, 05 December 2018 - 01:30 PM.

• Coopdog, Guy1298 and TheArchangel like this

#7 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 757 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:47 PM

It seems I'm an advocator of the low dose. Not without good personal reasons, of course. 

• Alder Logs likes this

#8 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 12,581 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 December 2018 - 04:31 PM

Yes, as always, YMMV. 

#9 TheArchangel

TheArchangel

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:57 PM

I've been reading some books lately, actually audio books,which I can play at work. The psychedelics explorers guide is fantastic. I was wrong about some things. My expectations were wrong and due to misinformation. People usually recommends the psychedelic experience for starters but it should be something to get into when one is ready for an aesthetic experience. I think that a better order to go about thing is to read/listen to books like "How to change your mind" by M. Pollan then Dr. James Fadiman's book mentioned above.

TVcasualty? he has over 10k posts...I'll check him out.

#10 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,510 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 December 2018 - 05:49 AM

I ended up taking 3g that day. The stomach problems were bad and did not enjoy much or had any visuals other than same I got first time around. I felt relaxed awhile after the trip.

Following day I took 3g on a tea, without plant matter, and the stomach problems were not as bad but they were there. Better experience but I got some depressive feelings, some paranoid thoughts too often. I think I'm having too much resistance. I'm going back to microdosing for now, as I originally planned but got too curious and wanted to try the higher dosage. Prob do some 2g sessions once a week.

I wonder if the unpleasantness doesn't have to do with bad-ish shrooms. Like maybe they were dried incorrectly and have a mold or fungus or someshit on them. That would cause a genuine physical illness which is the last thing you want when trying to get into a non-physical place

Did you grow your own? and dry them quickly after picking? to a condition of absolute dryness?   storing damp shrooms is the perfect setup for other fungus or molds to form on your fruits.

Sorry if I'm suggesting something you already know and have done correctly. But we try to cover all bases :)

#11 TheArchangel

TheArchangel

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 10:37 PM

Thanks for bringing that up, It has crossed my mind sometimes. Yes, grew them myself. They were put in the food dehydrator at 90f within minutes from picking for several hours until cracker dry to be run through the grinder. Then onto a container with big silica packet. Only one time did I pick the mushrooms, put them in the refrigerator for 24 hours then went through the drying process.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!