• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 415 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 05:09 PM

1lb rye to 2lbs of an hpoo, coir, verm, and other additives bag with a .05 micron filter.

Spawned 11/4 picked 1.5 days ago.

Never opened, fanned or misted.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20181123_154532.jpg
  • 20181126_184512.jpg
  • 20181129_131432.jpg
  • 20181129_191121.jpg

• PsyBearknot and Ferather like this

#2 Koso

Koso

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 05:28 PM

Hey, that's an impressive work, congratulations! What's the yield per substrate mass? I'm pretty new and am asking out of curiosity =D Did you open it, from time to time, for the FAE?

#3 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 415 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 07:23 PM

Dont know yield per mass, but theres at least 2 dried ounces, more like 3 or 3.5. My scale maxes out at 300g, and it would've taken at least 8 or 10 weighings, which I dont bother to do till they're dry.

I'll let you know the dry weight tomorrow morning.

No never opened, not once after spawning.

If its opened and fanned regularly its not an invitro grow. It's the perfect method for beginners and it's also bulk, technically.

I have tried fanning and misting, but there is no noticeable difference in yield or pinning, so there is no point, and the misting usually makes things too wet.

And it was Multispore, too. Imagine a good clone.

Edited by Deleena24, 01 December 2018 - 07:28 PM.

• Koso likes this

#4 Koso

Koso

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 04:53 AM

Dont know yield per mass, but theres at least 2 dried ounces, more like 3 or 3.5. My scale maxes out at 300g, and it would've taken at least 8 or 10 weighings, which I dont bother to do till they're dry.

I'll let you know the dry weight tomorrow morning.

No never opened, not once after spawning.

If its opened and fanned regularly its not an invitro grow. It's the perfect method for beginners and it's also bulk, technically.

I have tried fanning and misting, but there is no noticeable difference in yield or pinning, so there is no point, and the misting usually makes things too wet.

And it was Multispore, too. Imagine a good clone.

Good to know about misting. Thank you!

I currently have a 3 litre jar standing with half the volume full with bulk substrate, colonized in-vitro through a self-healing port by Golden Teacher, I already changed the temperature for it (it's ~22° C now) but was worrying about the lack of FAE.

And though there seems to be quiet a bit of water inside, I don't see any condensation, do you reckon I should add some more moisture to it?

#5 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 415 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 11:59 AM

It's pretty hard to give that advice without seeing a pic, but my best guess is that if you think there is plenty of water in the substrate, leave it alone.

People do invitro with PF tek, which allows for very little FAE, and still get good results. Does your FC have some type of filter or holes?
  • Koso likes this

#6 Koso

Koso

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 01:35 PM

It's pretty hard to give that advice without seeing a pic, but my best guess is that if you think there is plenty of water in the substrate, leave it alone.

People do invitro with PF tek, which allows for very little FAE, and still get good results. Does your FC have some type of filter or holes?

I followed the buckaroo bulk nugget in vitro tek and messed up a bit when I shaked it up to mix the colonized grain layer with the manure+coir substrate, the smaller particles stayed sticking on the walls of the jar, so technically all the glass is covered in a thin layer of mycelium, with only a handful of pockets to look through =D

I have a small polyfil filter, and yes, there must be enough moisture inside, the condensation is a sign of this, right?

Should I leave it as it is at 22° C?

IMG-20181202-220640.jpg

IMG-20181202-220732.jpg

Thanks again for your help, that tek I'm following is so old, I cannot even post there =D

#7 Ferather

Ferather

Mycological

• Free Member
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 02:49 PM

It's interesting so see people adding plant fertilizers as far back as 2006. I have a few similar recipes.

takingnotes.gif

#8 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 415 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 07:28 PM

Is the spawn just above the tape? Anyways yeah it should be good. With that setup, I dont know how big that hole in the lid is, but pack it loosely so you know things are flowings easily.

Otherwise yeah it should work eventually, just have patience. Looks like you have more than enough moisture, and in that small space I guarantee humidity is good.

If you want, fanning once a day wouldn't hurt, but like I said isn't necessary.

I'm interested to see the results.

Edit: only open to fan once the substrate is 100% colonized, if that wasnt obvious. I read the tek, you shouldn't have to. I remember the original member who posted it. He said the canning jars work just as well as the bags I used.

Edited by Deleena24, 02 December 2018 - 07:34 PM.

• Koso likes this

#9 Koso

Koso

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 01:08 AM

Is the spawn just above the tape? Anyways yeah it should be good. With that setup, I dont know how big that hole in the lid is, but pack it loosely so you know things are flowings easily.

Otherwise yeah it should work eventually, just have patience. Looks like you have more than enough moisture, and in that small space I guarantee humidity is good.

If you want, fanning once a day wouldn't hurt, but like I said isn't necessary.

I'm interested to see the results.

Edit: only open to fan once the substrate is 100% colonized, if that wasnt obvious. I read the tek, you shouldn't have to. I remember the original member who posted it. He said the canning jars work just as well as the bags I used.

No, the bulk is under the tape, it's just the web of splinter manure/coir fractions that are above and some hyphae grow here and there from them =D

The hole in the lid is quite small, that's a reason of my concerns I forgot to mention - I'll open and fan it in fron of a flame then and loosen the polyfil as much a I can.

I'll post the results here as soon as they grow =D

#10 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 415 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 03:39 PM

Hey, if its fully colonized dont worry too much about being sterile, and like I said I NEVER opened my bags and they do fine with a 2x2in filter. Loose polyfil should allow for at least the same air exchange, I'd assume.

If the bulk is under the tape that means there is plenty of room in there and co2 buildup is less of a concern than youd think, especially if you fan for even once a day. The tek is designed to set and forget. You can always just put another hole in the lid as well, and not have to worry one bit about the 1 being too small.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!