• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Hollydee2003

Hollydee2003

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 01:30 PM

Hello, new member here. Quick question. I took one of my completely colonized rye berry bag and transferred the grains into 6 other sterilized wbs jars. The only thing is I forgot to to drill holes in those jars. Well they have been sitting for a couple weeks and no growth. Is it okay drill the holes now fill with poly fill and put them back up in the closet? Will it work?
  • wharfrat likes this

#2 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,238 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:26 PM

you cn try, jus  steil ab it. or maybe even punch a hole with a nail and cover it with a few layers of mycropore tape. welcome to topia  :biggrin:

#3 Hollydee2003

Hollydee2003

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 12:13 PM

Update- 5 out of 6 of my jars went bad. The other one is slowly but surely colonizing but there may be cobweb mold not sure yet.

#4 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,406 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 December 2018 - 01:11 PM

Sounds like you should review your sterile technique. 

You should have been good for at least a few days until you could establish a means of filtered gas exchange. 

If you can manage pics, that might be helpful as well. 

Interesting that you were transferring from a (presumed) clean culture. You must already have some skills if you were able to get to that point. 

#5 Hollydee2003

Hollydee2003

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 04:34 PM

Myc-I used a syringe that was bought online. I think the grain was too wet. But just an update with the one that came out ok...I’ve transferred to sub and cased the tray and am awaiting further colonization with an undisturbed tub tek.
  • Myc likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!