2 replies to this topic

#1 Shellerfly

Shellerfly

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:12 AM

Hello!
I'm looking for some encouragement to be patient with my first attempt.
I'm growing Golden Teacher with the PFtek, and innoculated the jars on 11-10. The mycelium is strong and has definitely filled the jars, but it's been about a week since I took them out of the incubator and I still have no pins.
I feel like I'm being impatient, but it would be nice to have some encouragement or tips on getting them to show up!

Thanks so much!

#2 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 710 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 December 2018 - 10:36 AM

The interior of the cake may not have been 100% colonized. It is suggested that you don't birth the cakes to fruit until after they start to pin in the jar... Just be patient... 

The mycelium will start to fruit when the available nutrient source has been completely colonized and  rarely before... Spore production is how the organism preserves itself until a new nutrient source becomes available. There is no reason for the mycelium to start spore production as long as there are available nutrients in its current substrate....

Patience grasshopper... 

• Sikfreud likes this

#3 Shellerfly

Shellerfly

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:00 AM

The interior of the cake may not have been 100% colonized. It is suggested that you don't birth the cakes to fruit until after they start to pin in the jar... Just be patient...

The mycelium will start to fruit when the available nutrient source has been completely colonized and rarely before... Spore production is how the organism preserves itself until a new nutrient source becomes available. There is no reason for the mycelium to start spore production as long as there are available nutrients in its current substrate....

Patience grasshopper...

That makes a lot of sense! Thank you so much!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!