5 replies to this topic

#1 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,730 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 December 2018 - 09:33 PM

anyone really really thrilled with an MP3/4 player that is not a cell phone?

I'm looking to bluetooth with a nice bluetooth speaker

Willing to pay $80ish dollars if that's what it takes to get good sound but if $40 is enough I'll be even happier :)

• GalenOl and DenekNak like this

#2 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,430 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 December 2018 - 10:43 PM

Are you looking for the player ability or just the sound? If it's just sound and you're willing to spend $80, check out Bose's "micro" bluetooth speaker.

• coorsmikey and Juthro like this

#3 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,730 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 December 2018 - 05:37 AM

will do, thanks

already ready to spend three hundred on the JBL waterproof wireless speaker. sounds great and you can submerge it in water and it is guaranteed to work

I'd like to have music when I'm outdoors taking pics. Seems to help the creativity.

That the  music sounds good is important and I don't mind investing as opposed to just spending

And to be clear -  it's the player I'm looking for advice with. Though August may have just saved me $220  :)    :)   The Bose is also waterproof and slightly lighter to carry around.

Edited by pharmer, 10 December 2018 - 07:39 AM.

• coorsmikey likes this

#4 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 6,941 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 December 2018 - 02:35 PM

At the loss of some portability, you can get more power.    Like 1000 watts of power with a 12" woofer!

I know it's not what your looking for here, but they are still f'ing cool :)   I've been thinking about getting something similar for my garage, but i don't think I need the rechargeable battery, and I might want to up the power with a 15" woofer and 1500 watts.  Just in case I want to turn up the volume a little bit.....

https://www.amazon.c...speaker battery

Edited by Juthro, 10 December 2018 - 09:00 PM.

• coorsmikey likes this

#5 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,430 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 December 2018 - 01:45 AM

will do, thanks

already ready to spend three hundred on the JBL waterproof wireless speaker. sounds great and you can submerge it in water and it is guaranteed to work

I'd like to have music when I'm outdoors taking pics. Seems to help the creativity.

That the  music sounds good is important and I don't mind investing as opposed to just spending

And to be clear -  it's the player I'm looking for advice with. Though August may have just saved me $220  :)    :)   The Bose is also waterproof and slightly lighter to carry around.

Let us know what you decide...

#6 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,730 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 December 2018 - 09:41 AM

ended up with a slightly smaller version of the JBL. Tested it at a store and it makes more sound than I need to be polluting the forest with :)   That's been the goal all along - something light I can carry along on photo adventures

apparently the MP3 or 4 players just ain't that complicated and you get what you pay for in durability, not necessarily in better sound. still looking at them but will undoubtedly pull the trigger when the speaker gets unwrapped on Christmas morning :) I'll act surprised :)

thanks for the input. If I take better pics I'll put an asterisk on them   *assist from August West     :)

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!