Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Spore Suppliers, reliable spore vendors, discuss here only.

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

Poll: Community Vendor Ranking

Vote for your spore supplier

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,556 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 September 2018 - 07:43 AM

I do need to renew my VIP. Best stuff ever has come from generous members here.

I concur!

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 02 September 2018 - 07:44 AM.

#42 M4ST4R

M4ST4R

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 10:21 AM

I live in TURKEY. Is there a reliable website or person I can buy sport prints in a safe way?

#43 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,313 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 September 2018 - 10:33 AM

Have you seen these guys before?

http://fsre.nl/

They're closer to you than the USA. I'm pretty sure they would be glad to help out. 

Here's their order page:

http://fsre.nl/how-to/order/

Edited by Myc, 02 September 2018 - 10:35 AM.

#44 M4ST4R

M4ST4R

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 10:40 AM

no I did not see. It does sending a turkey? this is important for me. because it is prohibited here. Would it be a problem at customs?

#45 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,313 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 September 2018 - 11:06 AM

I'm sure you could have that discussion with the site facilitators. 

It appears as though they go through great lengths to ensure discreet shipping and the process looks rather simple. 

Surely, it's worth a couple of Euro to find out?

#46 majormillet

majormillet

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 01:37 PM

It will be 2 weeks tomorrow since I mailed my order to freespores.com, no replies to emails, no shipping confirmation, nada in the mail box.  Im hoping for the best, but as of now, its not looking very bueno.  I had thought freespores.com would be a good spore supplier, as they are a shroomery sponsor, but, at the least, they have very poor customer service.  I am hopeful I will receive my order soon.

best regards,

millet

#47 Oznewbie

Oznewbie

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 09:25 PM

Hey guys,

As above. Anyone any tips or links to get spores to Oz with no worries? Anyone any experience with reddit subforum sporetraders?

Would love to get started asap.

Also .... is there a review type database? I swear i found one, but can not locate it now!

Thanks in advance

Edited by Oznewbie, 06 September 2018 - 09:26 PM.

#48 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 11:05 PM

I have gotten bogus prints from supposed reputable traders on Reddit.

#49 Oznewbie

Oznewbie

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 11:48 PM

I'll sign up for the VIP and hopefully someone can help me get started
...or are there any preferred suppliers?

Thanks

Edited by Oznewbie, 06 September 2018 - 11:59 PM.

#50 PinkMenace

PinkMenace

Psychochump

• VIP
  • 765 posts

Posted 07 September 2018 - 11:43 PM

I'll sign up for the VIP and hopefully someone can help me get started
...or are there any preferred suppliers?

Thanks

Suppliers as in people here? We're all friends. If someone is a jerk then they're not around here for long.
  • onediadem, coorsmikey and Trippy_Toes like this

#51 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 635 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 02:18 PM

I had a Golden T. and a Burma syringe 3 years old from The Spore Depot, kept in a drawer at up to 90F in the summer, both used to inoculate PF jars in August 18, all jars germinated, one had a very slight greenish tint on a spot so I tossed it, and a couple had yellowish/brownish myc piss looking stuff and I was paranoid so I tossed them. They are all consolidating now.

The day after I Knocked up the 3 year old G.T and Burmas I got a brand new B+ syringe from the same vendor, The Spore Depot, and knocked up some jars. The 3 year old ones had big, black spore globs, but the brand new B+ looked like it was just water, but on close inspection, had almost microscopic black specks not in a glob, but in solution. When I ordered from them in 2015, the syringes came in a sealed plastic wrap, and came with an extra needle, But this time the B+ was just in a small shipping box with the needle attached and no padding. I have a Blue Meanie syringe I just got from them to give them one more shot, but I haven't even opened it cuz I'm waiting for tonight to knock up some jars I just steamed that are in the pot cooling. I will update this post after I inspect it when I inoculate them to let y'all know how they are. If I can't see spores I'm assuming it'll be like the B+, but I'll let 'em incubate and see, Then I will update this post again.

Has anybody had problems with The Spore Depot? Like I said, I had 2- 3 year old syringes stored without air conditioning in a drawer that worked great, but this B+ was a dud, 0% germination! Thanks!

Edited by Billcoz, 12 September 2018 - 02:18 PM.

#52 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 635 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 02:29 PM

By the way, would it be a bad idea to complain to them that the syringe was a dud since cubensis spores are not supposed to be germinated(in US)?

I went through them because the syringes are 15$ after shipping, they take PayPal/Google Pay and they came in 2 days. I'm gonna go with Ralphster's next time anyway.

Edited by Billcoz, 12 September 2018 - 02:33 PM.

#53 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 345 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 02:30 PM

Have you contacted the vendor? They should send replacement no quibbles.
  • Billcoz likes this

#54 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 922 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 September 2018 - 02:37 PM

By the way, would it be a bad idea to complain to them that the syringe was a dud since cubensis spores are not supposed to be germinated(in US)?

I went through them because the syringes are 15$ after shipping, they take PayPal/Google Pay and they came in 2 days. I'm gonna go with Ralphster's next time anyway.

Don't tell them they wouldn't germinate....

If you decide to contact them tell them that there does not appear to be any spores in the syringe or that you could not see them under a microscope... This has happened in the past and they will ignore you or tell you that its not their problem if you say they did not germinate...

Just because you don't see spores doesn't mean they aren't there.... What you see are usually multiple spores stuck together. Sometimes the clumps are bigger than others.

Edited by PJammer24, 12 September 2018 - 02:40 PM.

• sandman, Cuboid and Billcoz like this

#55 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 635 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 02:40 PM

Awesome so I just say there were no spores? I just wouldn't know what to say if they asked if I am growing them. I will Email them. Thanks guys!

#56 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 635 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 03:44 PM

..... and the brand new B+ had no clumps, but you could just barely see that there were spores and they were in the solution, rather than in a clump. The B+ was shipped to me in a small box with the needle attached, not in any bag or anything. Just in the box, in my mail!

with the needle attached?! That is crazy! Very surprising to hear, because the experiences I have had over the past year have all been very very positive. Individually wrapped needles and the syringes labelled and globs of spores in all but one syringe, which was comparatively skimpy (though I did successfully inoculate some grain with it, despite that. )

Yeah! WTF right? The B+ was just in the shipping box with the needle attached, wrapped in a sheet of paper. 3 Years ago they sent them in sealed plastic wraps with padding and included extra needles, now I got a Blue Meanie syringe from them to test that I haven't taken out of the box as I'm gonna knock a few jars up tonight so I don't yet know how it looks. I will post the results eventually.

#57 sandman

sandman

Darth Cultivar

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,415 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:17 PM

How long have you waited for germination on the b+? It can take 2-3 weeks sometimes.

When complaining to a vendor you just say that you can not see any spores under the microscope. You can not say anything about growing.

• PJammer24 likes this

#58 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 635 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:49 PM

How long have you waited for germination on the b+? It can take 2-3 weeks sometimes.

When complaining to a vendor you just say that you can not see any spores under the microscope. You can not say anything about growing.

I started the first few on 8-2 and none have any signs of growth or contams. I did email support and that's what I said. Actually there might not have been spores, it seemed like it was water at first,but looking close, it had like a sheen to it like oiland tiny specks. They weren't in a glob though. Thanks for reply!

#59 sandman

sandman

Darth Cultivar

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,415 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:57 PM

Open one of the B+ jars and dump out the dry verm and give it a whiff. Stank?

#60 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 635 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 05:24 PM

On my first run I used spore depot for syringes and shroom supply for injectable rye bags and manure based bulk sub. Aside from being a bit pricey I Had no issues with any of it except my own jack-assery trying to mess with it too much... lol.

I got a B+ syringe from TSD Aug 2nd and started some jars that night(steamed them in a pot 12+ hours before inoculating) that still haven't shown anything! I already had a syringe of Burma and one G.T that were 3 years old also from TDS. I inoculated 5 jars with 3 year old Burma on 7-31 now 2 are 90-95% and the rest 65% or less, threw 1 out. I started more on 8-12 with the 3 year old G.T. and brand new B+, and both the GT are at 30% and the 3 B+ show nothing. I started more Burma & B+ 8-17 and the 2 Burma are showing. The 3 year old syringes were forgotten about and kept in a drawer in an un-air conditioned space that probably got up to 95+F. They both had globs of black/purple spores and the brand new B+ had no clumps, but you could just barely see that there were spores and they were in the solution, rather than in a clump. The B+ was shipped to me in a small box with the needle attached, not in any bag or anything. Just in the box, in my mail! When I ordered from The Spore Depot 3 years ago, I think they came in individual bags and definitely had more visible and viable spores. I ordered a syringe of Blue Meanies from them thats on it's way to me now, and that will be my last test for that vendor, and I will be ordering from Spores 101 soon also. The only vendor I've used other than TDS, was Sporestore who are actually located like 25 minutes away from my house, but none of the cubensis(B+,G.T) syringes had spores, I even looked under a microscope, NONE! I have a 3 year old oyster syringe from Sporestore with visible spore clumps that I will try soon, but I wont buy from them again. Anyone else have issues with TDS?

Hey everyone, I just got an email from The Spore Depot saying they would send me a replacement B+ syringe, and the Blue Meanie syringe did have a nice dark purplish/black glob in it so I'm giving them an A for customer service. Thanks for the advice!

• Cuboid likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!