116 replies to this topic

#41 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:25 PM

CHECK IT OUT! First pins from p-corn mini-tub #1-

IMG_20190110_151215.jpg IMG_20190110_151029.jpg IMG_20190110_151243.jpg IMG_20190110_151309.jpg

-There are five pins, but they're hard to see. The sub is pretty moist, cuz I left the humidifier running all night and morning, it's a delicate balance between humid and dry. There are a couple of grains showing on the surface,  I was afraid it would bruise if I tried to cover em, that's why I cased the newest tub. Also there's some blueish areas from when I misted a few days ago.

Here's the last "grated cakes" tub I did. 25 days after fae there were no pins on top, but a couple on the sides, coming up from the bottom, so I flipped it and did not replace the liner, and then it pinned underneath, the original top, obviously because the air up-top was too dry. So I flpped iot back over and added micopore  over all the 1/4" ge holes, and a micropore layer over the tyvec on the fae holes. It is holding much more humidity now(I need a hygrometer), so I will be fanning if needed-

IMG_20190110_153755.jpg IMG_20190110_153424.jpg IMG_20190110_153407.jpg

Some of these are mis-shapen from being squished against the bottom when first forming. Some young ones have cone-shaped caps, which I want to clone to see if I could get a flush of conehead shrooms-

IMG_20190110_153441.jpg IMG_20190110_153447.jpg

#42 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 1,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:25 PM

IDK if fahtster is still around, coorsmikey or jkdeth probably know though. Was he on shroomery mostly? I've read many posts from him, Hippie, and others. Every time I think I got some great original idea and do a search, then I find that one of those guys already posted a tek about it that's been in the archives for decades lol.

It's funny cuz I don't know but maybe two other people, not counting online, that know who those guys are, but to me they are like celebs now. I have been reading through posts for 3 1/2 yrs and you get to know their personality after so many posts. I've sat here many mornings reading threads, falling down rabbit holes, there really is all the info anyone could ever need.

WRONG D24, MY WAY IS THE RIGHT WAY! No, i'm sorry, your right, there is no "right" way, but there could be a reason not to do it a certain way, so that's what I need to know. I'm pretty sure it'l' work though.

I feel the same exact way about those guys. OMC celebs for sure. And yeah, every time I have an original idea it turns out not to be so original. LoL.

Okay okay, I give. You're doing it the right way
  • coorsmikey likes this

#43 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 07:08 PM

It's really cool when one of the omc celebs pops their head into a thread when your in a conversation, I don't know cuz it hasn't happened to me damnit lol. I don't really know who is who, other than a few names, but there are some really knowledgeable people whov'e helped me out so far. You have helped me out for sure.

• coorsmikey likes this

#44 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:09 PM

Kay, I cased that tub the other day, now there's myc growing through. Do I patch it where myc's showing?  I have some sterilized 70/30 verm/coir left from casing it that I put right into a freezer bag the other day, is that still good to use, or does it need to be sterilized again? Do i introduce fae now?

IMG_20190110_193326.jpg

#45 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,475 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:22 PM

That's another no right way. I probably wouldn't cause I'm lazy. And old. And drunk sometimes.
  • Billcoz likes this

#46 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:00 PM

JK, would you keep it covered until it pins, or introduce fae? I already removed the tinfoil but put the lid for the bin on when I cased it 2 days ago, it's been 11 days(12/29) since I spawned it.

#47 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,475 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:33 AM

I only do small tubs right now, one or 2 quart. I drill (melt) holes all through the lid and cover with micropore. Then leave the lid on till good pin set. Lol one I have going now had an over achiever I had to pick and put the lid back on. But has a really nice pinset coming on.

#48 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,693 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:48 AM

I’m still kicking around. :). I’m not active anymore, but I lurk fairly often. I’m like beetleguise; you say my name enough times and I appear

Faht

Edited by fahtster, 12 January 2019 - 12:53 AM.

• Deleena24, coorsmikey, Soliver and 4 others like this

#49 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 06:04 AM

I’m still kicking around. :). I’m not active anymore, but I lurk fairly often. I’m like beetleguise; you say my name enough times and I appear

Faht

Wow, nice to meet you! I'll keep the beetleguise thing in mind so when I need a "Faht" answer to a Q, I know how to get it quick lol.

• fahtster likes this

#50 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 07:54 PM

UPDATE- So all the p-corn jars from 1/05 are 90-100% colonized(at 8-9 days), all from agar plates, sliced up like pizzas, and dumped in. In one pic you can see the green/blue of the myc, it has looked like that since inoculation, and looks like a contam at first glance, but I am positive it's myc, either bruised, or colored from food coloring in the agar-IMG_20190115_180226.jpg

I have one set of mini tubs for one dubtub, so I need to get on the ball and decide what to do with this shit, I am thinking of making some filter bags with tyvec material and some large baags of some kind. I gotta get creative, but I'd take suggestions. Anyone got any?

#51 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 07:59 PM

By the waay, anyone have a suggestion on how to get the myc/agar wedges shaken down into the grains without suctioning and sticking to the glass? It stuck there as soon as I started rolling the jar around to mix it down. There were other pieces that stuck above the grains, so it is just stuck to the glass near the lid. Is this bad? Again any ways of getting it un-stuck, or to not stick?

#52 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,343 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:06 PM

Pour thicker agar, it helps to get it unstuck but not so much from sticking. YMMV

@Fahtster, @Fahtster,@Fahtster :tongue:

• fahtster and Billcoz like this

#53 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:22 PM

Pour thicker agar, it helps to get it unstuck but not so much from sticking. YMMV

Thanks man, I didn't think it seemed tin, but i'm not experiened, so. I did make it with a bit less agar than the tek I followed said to so maybe I'll try a thick batch next.

@Fahtster, @Fahtster,@Fahtster :tongue:

I know, right?  Total rockstar lol!

• fahtster likes this

#54 MysticalMyco

MysticalMyco

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 350 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 03:47 AM

Very good looking Mushrooms. I like the cone heads. I just shook/mixed my A+ Bag & B+ Jars. Mine we're all at 50% colonization so I mixed them up to spread the wealth throughout the jars.

I'll be cheffing up some more sterilized wheat berries for grain to grain transfers. I think I'll sterilize Friday night for the Saturday night transfer. I like giving my sterilized grain a day to absorb any condensation and to cool down. Then I'll be working on pasturizating substrate right after my transfers into Sunday morning, for the grains that are going direct to substrate. I keep a vampire schedule working through the night.

I'm finally happy with my Walmart wheat berry prep tek so. I can't wait to see my yields with the new strains on wheat berries and poo. I'm back to playing the patience game.

Let me know how the trip works out on those. It should be fun if you decide to eat them.
  • Billcoz likes this

#55 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 04:51 AM

Yeah, not sure if they were cone-headed because they were on the bottom, they got squished, but I flipped the sub "cake" cuz there were no pins forming on top, so it might not have been from genetics, mighta been just mis-shapen lol.

#56 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 1,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 January 2019 - 12:51 PM

What's the strain again? I ask bc my PESA get those beautiful cone heads too. Not all, but alot of em.

#57 8spider8

8spider8

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:27 PM

This is a great thread, thanks for sharing!!!

#58 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 19 January 2019 - 12:30 AM

What's the strain again? I ask bc my PESA get those beautiful cone heads too. Not all, but alot of em.

It's B+, from ms, that was put on brf/water(fake agar).  After that was colonized, I squirted water over in and sucked it back in a syringe, making LI. That was what I hit up the jars with. It was brf cakes, grated up and spawned to coir/verm.

Today I checked the tubs after a couple days away from home and damnit, they seem to have gotten a lil dry again. I hope I'm being careful enough trying to up the RH, cuz the last couple times I ended up over-correcting, and they got too moist, so IDK.

All my new popcorn jars are ready to spawn, but sadly I am not prepared. I have a lot to do, and I still need to get some FCs to use. I'm workin on it, I'll update soon with pics, in the next cupla days.

#59 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 07:57 PM

Well, here's the first pin in the second pin in the second popcorn tub. See it?-IMG_20190123_184528.jpg Look closer-IMG_20190123_184506.jpg

Here's the bottom grated cake tub again after peeling the plastic liner off. I noticed pins on bottom, so I flipped it. There are forests of pins lol-IMG_20190123_184151.jpg Can you see them? Look closer again-IMG_20190123_184205.jpg IMG_20190123_184228.jpg IMG_20190123_184247.jpg IMG_20190123_184332.jpg IMG_20190123_184435.jpg

Most are hard to see, click on the pics to see them up close, there are more than it looks like at first.

#60 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 01:59 AM

I just got done putting a casing of 50/50 verm/coir on these tubs that were spawned on 1/22(1 B+, 2 Burma). I would have made it 75/25 verm/coir, but I ran out of verm(again, second time in a month), so I made sure it was field capacity.

I like the "delayed casing" method so far, as the one tub I cased before is now showing nice fat pins, and a lot more on their way. It seems to pin from in, or under the casing, from the original surface, and also all throughout the casing layer, as it did colonize some. It's like a 1/4"-1/2" top layer where knots are forming throughout, sort of 3 dimensionally.

Also, my house is really dry, and I have had issues keeping sub moist(and vagina lol, sorry), and (I think) a casing will help that.

I'll post some pics when I open thes up in a few more days to check. I have my homemade spawnbag thread now too, I'll update that thread when I check on those in 7-10 days.

• fahtster and Deleena24 like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!