• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 spakk

spakk

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 04:49 PM

In the past, before using DMT, I've found it necessary to take 75mg sublingually of harmalas mixture (2:1:1 ratio of THH, harmine, harmaline) about 10 minutes beforehand. Without that MAOI, even 45mg of properly vaporized DMT was relatively ineffective for me. Using a GordoTek DreamMaker seemed to help as well.

Fast forward to golden teachers. With a recent microdosing schedule, every third day (Fadiman style), I tried 500mg on the weekend with no obvious effect. I had been dosing with about 250mg previously and not expecting anything, since it is microdosing after all. The question: since the chemical composition of DMT and psilocybin is apparently quite similar, am I going to benefit from the use of an MAOI?  Otherwise, I'll be trying 800mg next time and work my way up from there.

Edited by spakk, 11 December 2018 - 05:08 PM.

• GalenOl and ltonphini like this

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,967 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 December 2018 - 01:32 PM

Am I misinterpreting the goal here? Sounds like your shooting for a level 3 trip from a microdose. The whole idea of microdosing is  "sub-perceptual"  and the benefits are achieved from over a span of time. A single microdose is most likely not going to give you releif from many of the symptoms people generally seek help from. I would suggest keeping your Microdoses at well micro. Using a MOAI will make even a small amount of psilocybin/psilocin much stronger. I am failing to understand why you would think that could be of benefit for a microdosing routine unless your goal is to basically trip balls.

Since you are also discussing the effects of DMT alongside micro-dosing, Which also leads me to believe that maybe you're seeking more than what a microdose is intended for. I will throw out my experience. While I'm on a microdosing routine, even though it's psilocin. I will have a tolerance built up that will make the microdoses even more sub-perceptual.  That same tolerance to psilocin carries over to DMT as well. Normal amounts of DMT that usually are break-through quantities are almost sub-perceptual as well. That means I cannot break-through with DMT while having a tolerance to mushrooms. I also know people taking SSRI's report similar situations too. I suspect one or both may be happening.

Edited by coorsmikey, 12 December 2018 - 09:13 PM.

• spakk likes this

#3 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 787 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 December 2018 - 09:10 PM

I recall only needing to .01g to microdose when I was doing it, even that wasn't sub-perceptual. .5g was getting very close to a trip, colors brighter, all of that, paired with darkness and meditation it definitely was a trip. It wasn't always that way. 

If you're honestly not noticing anything from .5g, look for the place where you do. go to .6, .7, etc. Until you're like, ohh, I'm not tripping, but I can tell my emotions are cut open, or whatever, then back down. For me, I backed down more and more and more, until I realized that my scale wasn't accurate enough. Damn. Haha. 

Edited by Guy1298, 12 December 2018 - 09:11 PM.

• coorsmikey and spakk like this

#4 spakk

spakk

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 04:43 PM

Am I misinterpreting the goal here? Sounds like your shooting for a level 3 trip from a microdose. The whole idea of microdosing is  "sub-perceptual"  and the benefits are achieved from over a span of time. A single microdose is most likely not going to give you releif from many of the symptoms people generally seek help from. I would suggest keeping your Microdoses at well micro. Using a MOAI will make even a small amount of psilocybin/psilocin much stronger. I am failing to understand why you would think that could be of benefit for a microdosing routine unless your goal is to basically trip balls.

Since you are also discussing the effects of DMT alongside micro-dosing, Which also leads me to believe that maybe you're seeking more than what a microdose is intended for. I will throw out my experience. While I'm on a microdosing routine, even though it's psilocin. I will have a tolerance built up that will make the microdoses even more sub-perceptual.  That same tolerance to psilocin carries over to DMT as well. Normal amounts of DMT that usually are break-through quantities are almost sub-perceptual as well. That means I cannot break-through with DMT while having a tolerance to mushrooms. I also know people taking SSRI's report similar situations too. I suspect one or both may be happening.

Yikes. I did word that rather clumsily. My intention is to increase until perceptual, then back down.  My periodic DMT experiences (from January last year through the summer) demonstrated a need for an MAOI (75mg harmalas) to get even a mild threshold experience - which was fine with me. Never went beyond that - yet.  My theory is that if I use an MAOI with the GT microdose it would be sub-perceptual, but still effective. However, I realize now that I'd be introducing too many elements that would be difficult to control.

#5 spakk

spakk

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 82 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 04:45 PM

I recall only needing to .01g to microdose when I was doing it, even that wasn't sub-perceptual. .5g was getting very close to a trip, colors brighter, all of that, paired with darkness and meditation it definitely was a trip. It wasn't always that way. 

If you're honestly not noticing anything from .5g, look for the place where you do. go to .6, .7, etc. Until you're like, ohh, I'm not tripping, but I can tell my emotions are cut open, or whatever, then back down. For me, I backed down more and more and more, until I realized that my scale wasn't accurate enough. Damn. Haha. 

Sounds like a winner. 800mg is next on the agenda.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!