Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Hello, everyone. Allow me to introduce myself...

• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

#141 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,567 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 February 2019 - 04:44 PM

Look in the closet organizer section at Dollar tree. There's a dehumidifier pack that's the same product as Damp Rid. Its a dessicant that will get them to cracker dry after a day of fan drying. The one they sell is a prepackaged all in one deal. Buy two and a container they'll fit in, with enough space on top for mushrooms. 3 bucks and it will do for small amounts till you get a dehydrator.

Dollar tree is your friend in this hobby. Lol.
  • Deleena24 and OldAndMiserable like this

#142 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 February 2019 - 04:46 PM

Woah! Thanks for the tip, man! I'll get there asap!

#143 DreamingRaven

DreamingRaven

Seeker

• VIP
  • 228 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 05:17 PM

I have done the same thing as jkdeth, I even store them with a dessicant pack .

• OldAndMiserable likes this

#144 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 February 2019 - 06:01 PM

I've been looking online for ways to dry these guys, and apparently there's a way to make your own dessicant from epsom salts! 

Anyone know of this/try this? Epsom salts are good at soaking up moisture on their own, but if you heat them up (or however the recipe goes) it can be reused time and again! 

Wonder if I can find that recipe again...

#145 MedicineMan9

MedicineMan9

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 04:01 AM

Has anyone tried other methods of preserving mushrooms such as pickling them? Wouldn't you get less loss of actives pickling vs drying?

#146 MedicineMan9

MedicineMan9

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 04:03 AM

Or preserving them in olive oil maybe?

https://www.amazon.c...rds=truffle oil

#147 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 February 2019 - 10:22 AM

I'm new to this hobby (this being my first go), tho I have read and researched it a bunch. I haven't heard of pickling them, myself, but I think the acidity of the pickle juice would definitely cause a loss of potency.

#148 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,567 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 February 2019 - 11:56 AM

Its been touched on, but not tested. The problem is they generally taste like ass. So pickled, I'm assuming would taste like pickled ass. I suppose if you just love pickles it might be a path for microdosing.

The acidic part might actually preserve potency.
  • coorsmikey, OldAndMiserable and MedicineMan9 like this

#149 MedicineMan9

MedicineMan9

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 01:55 PM

I wonder if pickling isn't an opportunity to change the taste from ass to modified ass, by using herbs and spices in the recipe. I look forward to having the opportunity to experiment!

#150 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,567 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 February 2019 - 02:04 PM

If you plan for it, pick nice ones before veil break and spores, it really helps the flavor. Spore laden gills are the strongest bad flavor. I think I would partially dry, reduce the water content somewhat. Let the pickles pick up a bit of flavor and liquid, rather than watering down the pickle juice.
  • OldAndMiserable and MedicineMan9 like this

#151 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 February 2019 - 04:35 PM

Hey, jkdeth; is this the stuff you were talking about? I looked all over, and this is the only product I could find...

20190216_163032.jpg

#152 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,567 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 February 2019 - 05:55 PM

Yeah that's the one.

#153 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2019 - 12:53 PM

So, the invitro mushroom started at 2.68g, and after drying, I'm left with...

20190217_102003.jpg

Woo!!! I'm SO excited!!!

As for the cakes, here's what I found this morning!

20190217_122257.jpg

Double Woo!!! I'm DOUBLY excited!!!

Thanks to everyone here, I have success!!! I could not have gotten to this point without your help! From the bottom of my very soul, Thank you!

• SteampunkScientist and MedicineMan9 like this

#154 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,182 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2019 - 01:31 PM

There is simply nothing like you first time.  Sex or Mushrooms. :tongue:

• OldAndMiserable, Mushinist, SkeleDan and 1 other like this

#155 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2019 - 02:58 PM

I think these were birthed a tad early, but since I started with 6 jars, and had only 2 left by the time I did get them out, I also think it was necessary. 

But I am so happy with the results!!!

20190218_145002.jpg

• coorsmikey and MedicineMan9 like this

#156 MedicineMan9

MedicineMan9

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 05:57 PM

Fair play to you dude, you got there! I'm sure with what you've learned, you'll be more clued up and able to do it better in future. I've enjoyed following your ups and downs and hope to have babies of my own before too long. I've certainly learned from your experience, so thank you, and to all those who have provided help and encouragement along the way!

#157 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2019 - 07:27 PM

Thanks for the comment!

You're right; the things I learned that got me here have been so very beneficial, and I cannot wait to put them to use again! Next time, I know I will have HUGE results! :P

My ups and downs were pretty "interesting", for sure! I was, and still am, learning to work with and overcome a lot of personal hurdles, and a lot of it came out in my postings. I want to apologize for the emotional roller coaster I took us all on. This, among other things, is something that made me start this hobby; the huge benefits the mushrooms can offer is something I need in my life! Since starting this project, I've begun to see a huge positive feeling begin to grow in me, and I cannot wait to see where I will be after the mushroom begins to work!

For those of you who are experienced, if I were to ingest the dried invitro shroom, weighing in at .5g, what would I expect to happen, in both physical and mental capacities? I have put off eating the fruit because I am unsure how I will handle it. I know it's a small dose, but I have never done this before, and I don't want to be surprised; anxiety and panic attacks don't work well with surprises or the unknown.

• MedicineMan9 likes this

#158 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 February 2019 - 06:58 AM

My babies... they grow up so fast!!! 

20190219_064438.jpg

In the case of this cake: 

20190219_064501.jpg

There are a ton of tiny points all over it. I'm wondering how long I should let it grow before I do a 2nd dunk? I would think I'd wanna leave it for a couple of days, at least.

• MedicineMan9 likes this

#159 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:01 PM

They change so much so fast! 

20190219_212123.jpg

#160 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2019 - 08:30 AM

So today, I found something...

20190220_080414.jpg

When the veil tears, it's the optimal time for picking, right? I was soooo happy!!! I decided to do something with the first of my successes...

20190220_080749.jpg   20190220_080959.jpg

I cut the cap from the stem and decided to make a print! I put the cap on a piece of foil and placed it in a jar. Hopefully, I'll be able to get a couple from the cap before I dry it (the stem is being fan-dried as I type - I'll give it a day with the fan and then move it to a container with the drying agent I picked up from the dollar store).

I'm going to let the spores go for at least an hour or two. I know 24 hours would be the best ideal for a great print, but I want to try and get a few from the cap... I have plans! :P

Thank you all for EVERYTHING!!! Without the amazing people here, I would never have gotten to this point. This site, and all the wonderful people involved with it, are a godsend to people like me, and I cannot thank you all enough!

I still am searching for a bit more help... Here are the questions from my previous posts...

1) What can I, an inexperienced man, expect from a small dose of these things? I currently have the dried invitro one ready for whatever (.5g), and I am curious what it will do to me...

2) With the fruits of my labors coming into maturity, a second dunking is necessary soon, I think. Should I let the cakes go as they are, since they are growing pins? Or should I dunk them once the other 2 fruits are removed (which I am sure will happen within the next couple of days)?

• SteampunkScientist and MedicineMan9 like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!