Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Hello, everyone. Allow me to introduce myself...

• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

#161 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,037 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2019 - 10:45 AM

I love seeing that beautiful blue on your cap there!  Let us know of your trip report!

• OldAndMiserable and MedicineMan9 like this

#162 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:41 AM

Thanks so much, man!

I can't wait to experience them! But I am nervous... it's my first time (tee hee! #blush), and I have been diagnosed with anxiety and other mental issues... 

#163 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:33 PM

The other two came off - the torn veil showed me when it was time :)

20190220_132456.jpg

I've got the cakes in water now; they'll soak for the customary 24 hours, as indicated in the Masses document. I left the pins on, so that they may grow big when they get out of the bath.... will that make a difference?

#164 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 1,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:20 PM

I love how this strain looks.

When I use cakes and dunk with pins that have just started, they turn out normally...

Looks like you've got enough for a nice sized dose now, too.

Have fun, don't be scared and just go where the magic takes you. You'll be fine.
  • OldAndMiserable likes this

#165 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2019 - 09:56 PM

Thanks for that! I'm so excited right now!!!

Hey jkdeth, about the moisture eliminator... do I leave it in the container it comes in? I just opened one and put it in a small cooler with the mushrooms, but I wasn't sure if I had to break open the container and sprinkle the stuff out... It should still work, right?

#166 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,509 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2019 - 10:24 PM

Leave it on. You can put the mushrooms right on top. Needs to be as small a container as possible to work fast.

If you dump it out, you have rig some way to keep the mushrooms off of it.
  • OldAndMiserable and Wimzers like this

#167 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2019 - 08:35 AM

So here's the container I was using last night. I put them in and closed up the lid...

20190221_082331.jpg

When I checked them this morning, there was little to no difference in texture. Maybe I didn't dry them long enough in front of the fan? 

I put them on a layer of paper towel and back with the fan for now. I'll let them air-dry for a while, and see how they are tonight; if they do dry out a bunch, I'll toss them back in the cooler with the moisture eliminator. 

... Unless anyone has other suggestions? 

#168 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,037 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2019 - 08:41 AM

Thanks so much, man!

I can't wait to experience them! But I am nervous... it's my first time (tee hee! #blush), and I have been diagnosed with anxiety and other mental issues... 

Well, I get that - so just try half a gram or if you are a little bit more adventurous, 1 gram.  See how you react, whilst still remaining in full control of your faculties.  OR, on the other hand, get a sitter, make sure you are mentally and physically prepped, set and setting, etc.  And go for a full 5 grams.  Remember, Psilly Mushrooms are even safer than vitamin C from a purely physiological perspective. But due to your anxiety, you definitely want to trod carefully at first and make sure you have some experience.

That is my advice, and as always, it is worth what you paid for it.

#169 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,509 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2019 - 08:45 AM

I'd get a second moisture eliminator, put it right against the first one Stuff the empty space around them with balled up newspaper or paper towels. Put the mushrooms right on top. You want just enough space for the mushrooms, so you don't fill it with moist room air when you. Check it. This can take a couple days.

#170 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2019 - 10:23 AM

Thanks, guys! I really appreciate your advice!

I definitely will be playing it safe; half to one gram will be my starting point... once I get my courage up

I'll set up the second moisture thing as suggested when I get the chance. I also get to set up the cakes for a second grow! Given the pins that were there before the dunk, this is gonna be a nice bunch!!!

Edited by OldAndMiserable, 21 February 2019 - 10:25 AM.

#171 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2019 - 10:45 AM

20190221_104205.jpg
20190221_104148.jpg

Found these online... I got a bit of money at the moment (the government finally decided to help me out after 5 years of no work!), and I was thinking of picking up some stuff... what do people think of these ?

#172 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 1,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2019 - 10:52 AM

The PC looks good, but the dehydrator looks like it has really thin trays. If you get large mushrooms you'll either have to modify the trays or cut up your mushrooms so they fit. I'd pick a different one.

I use a Nesco it was like 40$ and bought extra trays. I cut the inside of the extra trays to use as spacers so everything fits nicely.

#173 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 2,509 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2019 - 11:26 AM

That dehydrator looks exactly like mine. The trays aren't as thin as they look, they flip over and stack thin for storage. Still tough when you get monsters sometimes.
  • SteampunkScientist and OldAndMiserable like this

#174 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2019 - 11:52 AM

Thanks, everyone!! I'll grab the cooker and take a peek at the dehydrators. It was the best priced one I could see at the store I was looking at (59.99), and considering that I'm not planning to grow huge amounts, it may do the job!

#175 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 February 2019 - 02:00 PM

LOOK AT THE PINS!!!

20190221_133206.jpg

Cakes are back in the chamber, ready for growing!!! 

• roc, SkeleDan and MedicineMan9 like this

#176 Kola

Kola

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 07:39 PM

Such a good read brother! I admire you're openness and willingness to communicate, you are definitely on the right track. I can relate to so much of this, being on my first grow and it will be my first time dosing with good intentions, when I was like 15 I ate a small cap and a medium sized stem, couldn't of been more then 1g dried but it was just cause it was there, in a social environment and not for healing by any means. I am ready to try and take it in and everything it has to offer, I do hope this experience helps you and I'm excited to hear how it did help you. Keep us filled in brother, great looking mushies!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
  • OldAndMiserable and MedicineMan9 like this

#177 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 February 2019 - 03:39 PM

Thank you so much! Such a great comment! 

Here are a couple of recent pics!

20190223_145118.jpg   20190223_145145.jpg

This cake was pretty dormant, but had a bunch of pins... And now...!!!

20190223_145131.jpg   20190223_145157.jpg

This is the one that had the albino fruits. It's only got a small growth going, but it looks like there's a lot of 'points of interest' on it!

So the invitro shroom will be my first dose - it's only .5g, so I feel it's a great place to start. Can anyone tell me what I can expect to feel, in the way of physical and emotional stuff? Through the last 5 years, I have dealt with too many different pills that gave too many different side effects, and I have used marijuana constantly (upwards of 2-3 ounces a month), to the point where it's beginning to work against me and trigger panic attacks. I want to be so very sure about anything I take, and while I know it's a small amount, I still feel unsure... Damn anxiety...

• roc and jkdeth like this

#178 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 February 2019 - 01:32 PM

20190224_125341.jpg   20190224_125353.jpg

Sorry for all the posts... I am so in love with this!!!

The cake with only one fruit showing still only has that one fruit... should I be concerned? (The cake and mushroom didn't look that much different, so I didn't bother snapping pics of it)

#179 WalkingCatfish

WalkingCatfish

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 169 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:06 PM

Sorry for all the posts... I am so in love with this!!!

Fun, eh?

Nice looking fruits. :cool:

#180 OldAndMiserable

OldAndMiserable

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:22 PM

Thanks, man!

Should I do something different with the undeveloped cake? It's not producing ...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!