4 replies to this topic

#1 jestoto

jestoto

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 07:52 PM

hi to all the comunity !
iv been looking around this site for a long time now, and i feel to join it, and share information about this passion that it brought us toghether.
This is my second time i have fruiting brf cake going in my fc:
some technical,

iv been inoculating them with cubensis costa rica amd all good until the fruiting process.....first i had my fc at 21c that is 70 f and humidity at 99% ...no signs of pin for 6/7 days, so asking around in loocal.store they suggested me to hat up the chamber...so i did buyng a heat mat that heated up.the temperature to 75 and pin started to grow...rh is.always 99% and i cant figure how.to.bring it down to 90%....when i open.the case.i usually clean the excess moisture with paper but this.doesnt make the trick...
only thing is that fruit appear to.be very very small.....what is this about?
i have 2 big holes for air exchanges + some small holes 16 in total in the 2 large side of the box,
the 2.big holes are.covered.with micropore tape in one and with some.kid of stuffing pillows on the other as you can see from the picture..

any suggestion? i fan during the day by hand a lot of time like at least 10 time for 30 : 50 second each

any suggestion would be appreciated;

thanks!

Attached Thumbnails

• 1544835102468284141818.jpg
  • 1544835130661474448524.jpg

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,628 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 December 2018 - 08:11 PM

Welcome!

I am betting on that your humidistat is not very accurate at the higher levels between 80-99%. Using perlite should be adequate for what you're doing with cake measuring the humidity is just an unnecessary step for a small tub. The small fruits could be from many different reasons but genetics and hydration are the most common.

Edited by coorsmikey, 14 December 2018 - 08:15 PM.

#3 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 922 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 December 2018 - 09:00 PM

Welcome!
I am betting on that your humidistat is not very accurate at the higher levels between 80-99%. Using perlite should be adequate for what you're doing with cake measuring the humidity is just an unnecessary step for a small tub. The small fruits could be from many different reasons but genetics and hydration are the most common.

I was thinking genetics also. I had some Texans that were prolific as a mofo but never had any weight because they were so whispy/dainty... small cap size and tall can be an indicator for insufficient FAE but I kinda think they would have a little more stretch to them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 HooKworm

HooKworm

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 03:25 PM

It’s not about the size of the fruits.......or so my wife tells me. But she’s a liar. I agree , genetics.
  • OldBear likes this

#5 HooKworm

HooKworm

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 03:26 PM

Still a good grow though. Success is success.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!