Fisana

- - - - -

Searched for pans

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_realschmeal_*

Guest_realschmeal_*

Posted 06 February 2005 - 12:39 PM

I tried to do a search for info on pan cyans all of the threads that used to be there are gone.
The same goes for other searches I've made recently. Just curious, is that stuff gone forever? Is it on the cd? I know there wasn't much about pans, a few experiments here and there with mixed results (indoors at least). It seems like there was a pic of one or two impressive flushes, but I can't recall how they got the results or even if it was explained fully. I know they need poop or straw or both, they will grow on brf but only for spawn, they like warm temps, they must be cased. Anything else that would be helpful would be greatly appreciated.

#2 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 2,307 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:23 PM

Try this link
http://www.mushmush.nl/?page=home\methods\cultivation_of_panaeolus_cyanescens_and_p anaeolus_tropicalis

#3 Guest_realschmeal_*

Guest_realschmeal_*

Posted 07 February 2005 - 09:53 AM

thanks, I forgot about that writeup. however, I am still curious as to what happened to all the threads that seem to be missing when I do a search - have they been removed completely?

#4 Guest_rodger_*

Guest_rodger_*

Posted 07 February 2005 - 09:59 AM

Try also searching for copelandia or blue meanie. Same species.

#5 Guest_strangeland_*

Guest_strangeland_*

Posted 07 February 2005 - 11:49 AM

Some nice pics of a panaeolus flush here....

http://mycotopia.net... tml?1107661935

Real, what kind of info on Pans are you looking for?

#6 Guest_realschmeal_*

Guest_realschmeal_*

Posted 07 February 2005 - 03:36 PM

thanks, strange. I was just wondering how they do without straw (poo only- I have straw but want to try without it)and now I know. Those are the kind of flushes I'm looking for one day.

Also, this is probably a dumb question which could apply to all shrooms and the answer is proly no, but can sterilized poo be innoculated via spores in a jar? I have a friend who tried this with brf on top then poo in a pint jar pf style, and the jars are colonizing well, but I was just wondering if this might work without the brf on top acting as a kind of spawn layer for the poo below.

#7 Guest_hippie3_*

Guest_hippie3_*

Posted 07 February 2005 - 05:01 PM

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

tried to do a search for info on pan cyans all of the threads that used to be there are gone.
The same goes for other searches I've made recently. Just curious, is that stuff gone forever? Is it on the cd?
<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

huh ?
did you look here =
http://mycotopia.net...tml?1 101118932 ?

#8 Guest_hippie3_*

Guest_hippie3_*

Posted 07 February 2005 - 05:03 PM

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

but can sterilized poo be innoculated via spores in a jar? I have a friend who tried this with brf on top then poo in a pint jar pf style, and the jars are colonizing well, but I was just wondering if this might work without the brf on top acting as a kind of spawn layer for the poo below<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

i sure wouldn't use a jar like that,
maybe a bag would be more in order, imo

#9 Guest_realschmeal_*

Guest_realschmeal_*

Posted 07 February 2005 - 05:44 PM

thanks alot hippie, the threads I was looking for are there, just aren't coming up in the search engine like they used to. I just didn't see that page in the archives, I don't know why.

#10 Guest_realschmeal_*

Guest_realschmeal_*

Posted 07 February 2005 - 06:00 PM

I found so much useful info there, especially under the PANS thread, that I must take this time to thank you again. There is even a recipe for making Pan cakes PF style. It does use brf, not as separate layer though. Carpo posted the only pics I have seen of Pan cakes. His didn't seem to be doing too great as of the last post, but I may try anyway. At first I thought maybe he just had a poor fruiting strain, but it seems he should have got lucky on at least one or two of those crumbled casings.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!