Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Cuttings of Yopo (Anadenanthera peregrina) and Cebil (A. colubrina)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 paletti

paletti

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 11:49 PM

Hi guys,

Does anyone of you have experience in taking and rooting cuttings of Anadenanthera peregrina or colubrina?

I know they're pretty easy to grow from seed but I just hate to say goodbye my plants (I have two of each)... I have to move out in April (spring)... bringing them is not an option,

At the moment winter is setting in and the leaves are slowly starting to wilt and will drop soon so I was thinking to take a few 6" cuttings from the youngest shoots and sticking them in root hormone and then in damp coco peat with a humidity dome in the living room...

Hopefully they will have rooted by April and can wrap them up in damp tissue paper in a ziplock bag for transport...

What do you guys think?

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,343 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 December 2018 - 12:41 AM

IDK on the rooting the cuttings, But I will be happy to offer a good home to them since you can't take them with you. They must be pretty big though if you haven't considered a foster home already.

#3 paletti

paletti

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 02:23 AM

IDK on the rooting the cuttings, But I will be happy to offer a good home to them since you can't take them with you. They must be pretty big though if you haven't considered a foster home already.

Sorry have already found a new home for them.. they're about 2-3 feet tall.

#4 paletti

paletti

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:01 PM

Just a quick update - so I tried sticking the cuttings in hormon powder and then in coco peat in ziplock bag which I kind of clipped to the side of the fridge where it's warm.

After a month there was no result. The leaves were getting all brown, but there was no mold, maybe because i used plenty of H202 before I used the bag. 

Anyway I will just start growing them from seed again, fortunately  they grow fast!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!