• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 2018magic

2018magic

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 05:16 PM

All of the information I see not only here, but all over the web deals with cultivating P. cubensis. Are there any Tecs dealing with wood lovers like P. cyanescens? If not, Why not?

#2 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,406 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 December 2018 - 06:36 PM

All of the information I see not only here, but all over the web deals with cultivating P. cubensis. Are there any Tecs dealing with wood lovers like P. cyanescens? If not, Why not?

That's an interesting question. Did you look for any?

https://www.google.c...chrome&ie=UTF-8

#3 2018magic

2018magic

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 09:11 PM

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. 

#4 HooKworm

HooKworm

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 10:02 PM

[Direct Link]

Info is out there. You just have to dig for it.

Edited by HooKworm, 17 December 2018 - 10:07 PM.

#5 HooKworm

HooKworm

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 10:04 PM

Psilocybe cyanescens grows primarily on wood chips, especially in and along the perimeter of mulched plant beds in urban areas, but can also grow on other lignin-rich substrates. The species does not typically grow on mulch that is made from bark.P. cyanescens mycelium is easier to grow than it is to fruit, generally grown indoors first on wood chips /plugs or rye grain, its then transplanted in prepared beds outside fill with wood chips. located around bushes and under trees, Fruiting is dependent on a drop in temperature in fall, when temperatures are between 50-65°F.Due to the fruiting requirements of the species, it is challenging but possible to get P. cyanescens to produce fruits indoors.Outdoor cultivation in an appropriate climate is relatively easy. Yield per pound of substrate is low when compared to other psilocybin containing mushrooms for both indoor and outdoor cultivation.The combination of poor yield and difficulty may explain why P. cyanescens is grown less frequently than other some other psilocybin containing mushrooms

#6 2018magic

2018magic

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 08:57 PM

Thanks for the video and related information. Being so new to all of this, my mind is swimming with terminology and techniques and processes. Making the right inquiries when searching will help to avoid asking "stupid" questions in the future. Looking forward to the education.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!