• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 MysticalMyco

MysticalMyco

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 252 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 05:42 PM

Just a quick question. I've been posting a lot recently in the magic mushroom growing section. I turned off location services on any pictures I posted of mushroom grows. Should I be worried about anything else. Like should I like create a new account and be accessing this site through a VPN or Tor browser when I post pictures of my babies growing lol. I don't grow a lot just enough for personal and maybe some close friends/fam.

I want to be cautious but not paranoid cautious. I just want to make sure I don't get knock or a door bashing from big brother a few months down the line.

Thanks folks - Good Vibes
  • Hotneve and Rantrapr like this

#2 HooKworm

HooKworm

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 07:42 PM

Shouldn’t be a worry. Usually people get busted when selling , told the wrong people they grow , or officers are there for another reason and stumble upon it. Not to say it isn’t possible but I think it’s unlikely. People have been posting this stuff on here for a long time and as far as I know no one has been busted because of it. I tell no one in my personal life I grow. That’s where problems tend to arise in my experience. But in this day and age none of us are anonymous.
  • coorsmikey, Soliver and Sikfreud like this

#3 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,628 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 December 2018 - 09:25 PM

I just want to make sure I don't get knock or a door bashing from big brother a few months down the line.

Me Neither!

I've been here a long time and have never seen an inquiry or subpoena from anyone. I've seen folks get busted because of other shit like selling hard drugs and guns, beating up their girlfriend that knows about their grow. Otherwise acting like idiots. I have never seen anyone busted because they posted on the site. We do take measure to protect members anonymity always and in cases where we were aware of a member's busts. 

But I need to ask.....If it weren't safe, would the powers to be tell you it was safe so you would keep posting?

• Sidestreet, Soliver, Coopdog and 3 others like this

#4 MysticalMyco

MysticalMyco

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 252 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 12:48 AM

Well that's comforting. I think governments, especially in the USA & EU, are really focused on the opiate epidemic. Hopefully they leave us shrooms heads alone lol.

Thanks for the info.

#5 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 12,763 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 December 2018 - 01:06 AM

It's funny that countries that have decriminalized or legalized opiates are ahead in reducing its usage.   

• onediadem, roc, Sidestreet and 1 other like this

#6 Guy1298

Guy1298

Mycophage

• VIP
  • 767 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 December 2018 - 09:41 AM

Same opinion from me. I've even told plenty of people in my personal life, but I make a rule not to sell. I am prone to handing an acquaintance with the right vibes 70g and heading on my way. Or throwing 50g into the river.

I don't sell, so I usually grow more than I need. :). 

When I've been over the edge, I am usually at peace with the idea of going to prison though. I think that would be okay. Yeah. The tragedy of it is social conditioning. The new frontier is prison!

Edited by Guy1298, 18 December 2018 - 09:45 AM.

• Soliver and OldBear like this

#7 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,135 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 December 2018 - 04:48 PM

The only way to be really, really SURE that you're safe is to round up every illicit substance you OR your friends may have lying around, and to send it to:

SOLIVER

666 Lostmi Way

Lebanon, Nebraska

Otherwise, the only way to be 1000% safe is to never tell another living soul about anything you do that's fun (read:illegal). 

No telling who's trolling the 'ol website, but I like to think that Jane and Johnny Law pass through now and again . . . it makes me feel safer.

On the plus side, there's a much larger shroom website with users posting humongous super-grows that make our shit look like a 3rd grade science project.

Between that and substances that are actually bad for you selling, etc., online . . . I doubt we're a primary, secondary, or even tertiary concern.

People still get shot for weed (imagine!) - never heard of a violent shroom bust, trade, deal ... ever. 

Your web activity is free speech.  What you do in the real world is what will fuck you up, if anything.

:)

soliver

• Alder Logs, SteampunkScientist and OldBear like this

#8 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 932 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 December 2018 - 05:09 PM

The only way to be really, really SURE that you're safe is to round up every illicit substance you OR your friends may have lying around, and to send it to:

SOLIVER

666 Lostmi Way

Lebanon, Nebraska

Otherwise, the only way to be 1000% safe is to never tell another living soul about anything you do that's fun (read:illegal). 

No telling who's trolling the 'ol website, but I like to think that Jane and Johnny Law pass through now and again . . . it makes me feel safer.

On the plus side, there's a much larger shroom website with users posting humongous super-grows that make our shit look like a 3rd grade science project.

Between that and substances that are actually bad for you selling, etc., online . . . I doubt we're a primary, secondary, or even tertiary concern.

People still get shot for weed (imagine!) - never heard of a violent shroom bust, trade, deal ... ever. 

Your web activity is free speech.  What you do in the real world is what will fuck you up, if anything.

soliver

If you start getting mail out there in La La Land, let me know and I will visit!!

• Soliver likes this

#9 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,628 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 December 2018 - 06:22 PM

Ah shit Soliver! Ya moved and I didn't get your forwarding address.

I still have ya in my contacts at

Soliver

1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington, DC 20006

Edited by coorsmikey, 19 December 2018 - 06:23 PM.

• Sidestreet, Myc, Soliver and 2 others like this

#10 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,476 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 December 2018 - 06:38 PM

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you.  :biggrin:

It never hurts to take extra precaution.  On the other hand, if you're losing sleep over this stuff then it's probably healthy to take a "paranoia break." 

I've never heard of anyone getting in trouble because of the site here.  Maybe one instance.  If you're using a VPN and not revealing personal info then I'd say you're good to go.  It's probably a bad idea to try to order DNM drugs to your door even if you think you know what you're doing.

Focus on your IRL ("In Real Life") safety measures.

Hi folks.  :hug:

• Myc, coorsmikey, Soliver and 1 other like this

#11 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,135 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 December 2018 - 04:34 PM

Ah shit Soliver! Ya moved and I didn't get your forwarding address.

I still have ya in my contacts at

Soliver

1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington, DC 20006

Damn.  Busted.  Forgot I shared that one with you back in the day.

For the record, "I DID NOT HAVE SEX WITH THAT WOMAN!"

soliver

• roc, Alder Logs and bezevo like this

#12 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 398 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 December 2018 - 07:44 PM

me ether DAMMIT

• coorsmikey likes this

#13 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 12,763 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 December 2018 - 12:28 AM

Someone said, "we're all wearing the blue dress now."

#14 MysticalMyco

MysticalMyco

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 252 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 06:22 PM

Yeah I definitely don't have any super grows going on. I was trolling the ol interweb and was getting paranoid lol. I seen this one article about this guy down in Austin where the headline was like "HUGE MUSHROOM BUST" man caught with 25lbs of mushrooms so I read on. It was making it out to be as dangerous as a meth lab. The cops went in with full hazmat suits. They evacuated a daycare beside the house lol.

It said this guy had $250 on him and 25lbs of WET mushrooms. I was thinking wet mushrooms that's like 2.3-2.7 lbs of dried shrooms if sold by the pound equals $3000-$4000 that's not my idea of a HUGE super grow or a Mushroom Druglord lol. Poor guy had them growing in his spare room.

Anyway thanks for the info
  • SteampunkScientist likes this

#15 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,561 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 January 2019 - 07:11 AM

Many times they weigh the tubs of substrate and add that as the weight of the product.  This just demonstrates the absolute nonsense and complete misunderstanding of what shrooms are.  These people are ignorant and uneducated, and in many cases have no desire to learn anything about what these substances are.  

#16 MysticalMyco

MysticalMyco

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 252 posts

Posted 02 January 2019 - 03:36 PM

It's like the guy in the southern United States that got busted with Mimosa Hostillius tree bark. You know the stuff they extract DMT from. Customs marked the box, the feds watched the house, followed the guy around and noticed he was buying a lot of solvents and household chemicals conducive to producing DMT.

They ended up weighing all of that guys raw tree bark & charging him with producing like 20 pounds of DMT. But the bark is legal. Poor guy lost his job, his house, & went to jail for a year because his bond was so high.

Come to find out it was all dropped once his fmaily hired him a lawyer. Any the lawyer got lucky and was assigned a judge that understood drug laws. Before that he was facing 25-LIFE.

Pretty wild stuff

Edited by MysticalMyco, 02 January 2019 - 03:38 PM.

• SteampunkScientist likes this

#17 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,135 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:05 PM

This reminded me of Mark Niemoeller and JLF Poisonous Non-Consumables ... I did a google search and found nothing since around 2001 ...

Anyone know if he ever was convicted or did time or ??

Another crazy waste of time and money by the alphabet people ...

soliver

#18 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 6,982 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:39 PM

This reminded me of Mark Niemoeller and JLF Poisonous Non-Consumables ... I did a google search and found nothing since around 2001 ...

Anyone know if he ever was convicted or did time or ??

Another crazy waste of time and money by the alphabet people ...

soliver

If I recall right he just lost everything but never did do the time.
Man now that takes me back!
The fucking syringes I used to get looked like he dry scrapped a print in the barrel, sucked up the water, and sent them. Had a hell of a time breaking that shit up. Strap it on to a good vibrator and you were good to go!

Boy did he have a selection of shit!

And then there came the Bouncing Bear days - that's another story.

• Soliver likes this

#19 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,135 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:46 AM

Shit, I'd forgotten about Bouncing Bear . . . alas.  If I recall, their downfall was the bark, or was it other shit? 

I used to have one of their t-shirts in rotation, but I think it devolved to the rag bucket.

I still have a JLF catalog somewhere, but it's from the 'good ol' days, before they messed with research chemicals, which were their eventual demise.

Alphabet can't have the herd altering their perception - if one steer starts wondering what this ramp leads to, or why no one ever comes back ... well, that would fuck it up for everyone, wouldn't it?

Land of the Free, Baby!

soliver

• roc, SteampunkScientist and HooKworm like this

#20 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,561 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 January 2019 - 05:01 PM

Frankly VIP here on the topia is your best and safest bet. Learn agar and use spores. Spores are legal, and you can start a library, each page a Ziploc with a square of tinfoil. You can mail a print inside a book, or folded in a letter.

You know what your getting, in many cases there are pictures of the very fruit your spores are coming from. You have a massive database on the very fruit you are trying to grow and the direct advice of what works from the grower.

What could be simpler? ;P
  • roc likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!