• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Pschippie

Pschippie

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 09:00 AM

Hello I have successfully extracted over 2grams of good dmt I know this cause a few of my friends also experienced very good high but I used naphtha and I was wondering if useing heptane would make it smoother while vapping it? And also does it change potency at all?
  • PsyBearknot likes this

#2 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• App Administrator
  • 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 December 2018 - 09:04 AM

moving to the botanical section.  this is the welcome mat for introductions

#3 Pschippie

Pschippie

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 09:59 AM

Oo sorry very new to this

#4 Norman

Norman

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 772 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 11:18 PM

Heptane is more selective than naptha so it will extract a whiter and more crystalline product. Potency is a pretty subjective thing, but the less refined extracts are usually considered to be stronger and a different experience than pure white. The white is easier to vape, but not a lot and proper technique is more important if the DMT is reasonably clean.
You can see for yourself if you have some heptane. Add warm heptane to some of your extracted DMT just until it dissolves, let it cool and pour the heptane off of the yellow material that falls out. Then evaporate the heptane, leaving your purified DMT. This is a simple recrystalization. Be aware that the leftover yellow is still quite potent and worth exploring.
If you’re asking if you should use heptane to extract in the first place, I don’t recommend it. Naptha pulls a lot more efficiently, is fairly clean, and I find it easier to do a recrystalization later if I want.
  • roc, SillyCone and wharfrat like this

#5 Pschippie

Pschippie

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 December 2018 - 11:18 AM

Thank you much appreciated

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!