7 replies to this topic

#1 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,722 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 December 2018 - 09:15 AM

Penny Marshall has passed away at the age of 75 due to complications from diabetes. 

I remember her from that corny old show "Laverne and Shirley". One of my favorites while growing up. 

I'm really starting to dearly miss the good-ol days and its hard seeing my teevee icons moving on. 

You'll be missed Penny. Happy trails. 

• Soliver, Skywatcher, Juthro and 2 others like this

#2 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,736 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 December 2018 - 10:54 AM

I loved Laverne !

Penny did so much more in her career, and "A league of Their Own", and "Big", were and still are favorite movies of mine that she directed.

Sigh, they all seem to be moving over now............

• Myc, Juthro and SteampunkScientist like this

#3 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,481 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 December 2018 - 03:20 PM

<sigh> It's the curse of growing old, watching the people you grew up with pass on.

I hope that where you land you are loved at least as much as you were from the place from where you came. 

Peace be upon you Penny, and thank you for all the good times and enjoyment  you have given me over the years.

• Myc and SteampunkScientist like this

#4 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,225 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 December 2018 - 04:51 PM

(tips some milk mixed with Pepsi on the ground) ...

Lennie and Squiggy were the true geniuses on that show, IME, but I'm biased towards mentally deficient greaser wanna-be types ...

:)

soliver

• Myc and SteampunkScientist like this

#5 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,722 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 December 2018 - 07:28 PM

Funny, but I was always very fond of Lenny and Squiggy too. I wanted a leather jacket so bad.....

Come to think of it, I wear the white, crew-neck, t-shirt every day. It's like a uniform, I guess. Weird when you stop and think about things sometimes. 

• Skywatcher likes this

#6 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,448 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 December 2018 - 10:23 PM

I had huge holes in my teevee life and lots of things were in those holes.  There was about four lost years in the service, stuck my head back in a little for a couple years and then did the back to the land hippie thing with no electricity and even bad radio reception.    I don't think I ever saw one episode of that show.  There's not much between Batman and Barney Miller, and I didn't see a lot of those either.   

• Myc and Soliver like this

#7 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,225 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 December 2018 - 04:32 PM

I'd say you didn't miss much - it was a show that was on between other shows ... I only watched it when I was totes bored. 

Then I discovered masturbation - buh bye bad TV...

For me, it was there with "I Love Lucy."  I never really got the jokes maybe, or understood the politics / social ramifications.

:)

soliver

#8 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,313 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 December 2018 - 05:09 PM

I had huge holes in my teevee life and lots of things were in those holes.  There was about four lost years in the service, stuck my head back in a little for a couple years and then did the back to the land hippie thing with no electricity and even bad radio reception.    I don't think I ever saw one episode of that show.  There's not much between Batman and Barney Miller, and I didn't see a lot of those either.   

Don't sweat it Alder... I grew up in the country with no cable and Laverne and Shirley reruns were on the broadcast channels... I am pretty sure I surfed right on by while I was looking for GI Joe, Thunder Cats, He Man maybe.... I like to think I didn't miss a whole lot... Happy Days??? Never even heard of that bologna!! 

In Living Color, World's Funiest with Bob Saget, Fresh Prince Of Belaire... Now we're talkin!!

it was all Fred Rogers all the time when i was real little... That and Sesame Street...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!