Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Things that suck and mistskes that make you go duh.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ResponsibleAdult

ResponsibleAdult

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 December 2018 - 05:51 PM

I've been thinking about the things that suck about this hobby. The little annoyances and mistakes. I believe that celebrating failure leads to better outcomes in the long term.

I'll share some of mine and hope some of you will join.

- The hours of bitter afterstate when you touch your mouth after working with denatured alcohol.

- When standing up from the chair after pouring a whole sleeve of Petri dishes bumping the table too hard and ruining the whole run.

- Waiting for 2 hours for the agar to cool down and solidify, then noticing the carefully measured 15 grams of agar powder still sitting on the counter.

- When the forgotten jar at the bottom of the closet does better than your 25 step spswning, casing and fruiting tek.
  • Myc, coorsmikey, PJammer24 and 2 others like this

#2 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,710 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 December 2018 - 07:38 PM

But the good news is that you're a Free Member now and welcome to post wherever you might like. 

Welcome RA! 

#3 HooKworm

HooKworm

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 95 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 07:14 PM

I knocked over my alcohol burner and almost burnt down my lab at work while inoculating. Good times. Ruined 3 freshly made spore syringes in the process. Good times.

#4 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,308 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 December 2018 - 07:32 PM

I can't count how many times I've wiped my hands with alcohol and immediately have lit a lighter to flame a needle. I just refuse to learn darn-it!

• PJammer24, Juthro, OldBear and 1 other like this

#5 ResponsibleAdult

ResponsibleAdult

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 December 2018 - 03:51 PM

So in a way we have a problematic relationship with alcohol?

#6 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,308 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 December 2018 - 04:03 PM

Yeah, that too!

#7 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 6,392 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 December 2018 - 08:41 PM

- Waiting for 2 hours for the agar to cool down and solidify, then noticing the carefully measured 15 grams of agar powder still sitting on the counter.

now that would be some shit i would do  :blush:

• coorsmikey likes this

#8 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,308 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 December 2018 - 08:48 PM

How about filling up myco bags with grain and sub, sealing them up to PC to realize I forgot to add water?

• PJammer24 and OldBear like this

#9 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,260 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 December 2018 - 08:55 PM

How about filling up myco bags with grain and sub, sealing them up to PC to realize I forgot to add water?

Hard to do with bags... BUT... How bout running the PC only to pull the jars out and realize you never added water?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,308 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 December 2018 - 10:45 PM

How about filling up myco bags with grain and sub, sealing them up to PC to realize I forgot to add water?

Hard to do with bags... BUT... How bout running the PC only to pull the jars out and realize you never added water?

Even more difficult I would think. I would be "WTF where is the steam?" before I put the rocker on. All the same though, I have loaded the PC without water and caught myself before turning it on.

Edited by coorsmikey, 22 December 2018 - 10:46 PM.

#11 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,260 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 December 2018 - 10:57 PM

Even more difficult I would think. I would be "WTF where is the steam?" before I put the rocker on. All the same though, I have loaded the PC without water and caught myself before turning it on.

Lmfao... I meant adding water to the jars... one step wbs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • coorsmikey likes this

#12 Nyla

Nyla

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 10:06 AM

Trying my best to keep everything clean while knocking up some jars, then seeing a drop of blood splat on my white counter. Seen the tear through my gloves and cut on my thumb. Still have no idea how I managed that.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!