6 replies to this topic

#1 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,444 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 December 2018 - 11:14 AM

Trump signs 2018 farm bill which legalizes Hemp and CBD. 

https://www.marketwa...nies-2018-12-20

I can hardly believe it!!! I just finished bringing this to the attention of A. Friend who has been a Hemp activist for decades. What's wrong with our news media? This is one of the biggest things to happen in the US in WEEKS and it was total news to the friend. He dropped his work day and gave me a call as soon as he followed-up on the news. We just had a nice "high-five" convo. 

America.......

FUCK YEAH !!!!

• coorsmikey, PJammer24, Juthro and 2 others like this

#2 Sikfreud

Sikfreud

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 11:31 AM

WOOT!!! That is really going to help a lot of people and create a lot of jobs. Maybe now CBD...good CBD products will be readily available on the cheap to everyone. Not to mention the many other uses. Very exciting news indeed.
  • Myc likes this

#3 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,444 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 December 2018 - 11:48 AM

This is WAY BIGGER than "just" CBD and hemp-seed for breakfast. 

Hemp can replace plastics. TONS of plastic containers and packing materials can be replaced with bio-degradeable hemp-based products. We're only just beginning to realize the "plastic waste legacy" we're leaving behind for future generations. It's time we get ahead of the curve for once. 

Edited by Myc, 21 December 2018 - 11:48 AM.

• coorsmikey, Juthro, wharfrat and 1 other like this

#4 Sikfreud

Sikfreud

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 101 posts

Posted 21 December 2018 - 11:53 AM

Hell ya very exciting.. Plastic is a huge stain we need to clean up.

#5 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,000 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 December 2018 - 01:21 PM

Hemp not only can make a  finer and much more durable cloth then cotton,  it doesn't require near that amount of pesticides, and herbicides that cotton needs to be a commercial crop.

This is indeed huge news, thanks for posting it Myc.   I think the news is too hung up right now on the government shut down, the exodies of the last of any qualified staff from the white house, and the free pass being given to any ISIS survivors left in Syria. 

May we all live long enough to reap the rewards of this decision.

Edited by Juthro, 21 December 2018 - 01:22 PM.

• Myc likes this

#6 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,648 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 December 2018 - 08:40 PM

Hemp Hemp Hurray for the USA !

So glad you joined the club. As far as Hemp goes ...the more the merrier ! We used to say Hemp Hemp Hurray ...but now it's Hemp Hemp Hurry ! We need it big time.

Just rolled my GF a pure CBD cigarette in  a cig machine. From our outdoor Highlo CBD strain 20:1 . She hasn't lit it yet but I'm excited...just might get her off the nicotine train.

Edited by hyphaenation, 21 December 2018 - 08:48 PM.

• roc, Myc, Juthro and 1 other like this

#7 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,366 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 December 2018 - 11:50 AM

Here in NC we have had limited permits the last couple of years to tobacco farmers wanting to offset their declining markets.

Processing into fabrics will be mainstay here soon since we are already setup to process cotton into fabrics. The water, chemical, and harvesting of cotton will now have competition from a drought tolerant, insect resistant, and stronger fabric.

Great news for us all!

• Myc, Juthro and Sikfreud like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!