#81 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,661 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 April 2019 - 03:21 PM

LOL , got so baked I forgot to mess around with my dry herb atomizer...

• Myc likes this

#82 morvis

morvis

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 216 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 05:49 PM

So i got this DC2 in.  I'm using arctic fox, I set to 'TCR' mode with a value of 300, 33w as the quickstart instructions suggests, and set it to temp controlled and set that to 360.  After a couple initial pulls, I gotta say, I was not unimpressed by any means.  I didn't even pull out my 'finish grinder' that I got for my launchbox.  I'll probably end up dropping the temp a little, it seems to brown up a bit quicker than I'm used to in my flowerpot enail heat wand (the one to beat right now, for me).  I'll check back after further work with it.  I forgot to put it on charge this morning so it's doing that now.

• Myc likes this

#83 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,488 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 April 2019 - 11:24 AM

That DC2 looks like a pretty cool rig. Vaping dry herb is very rewarding. Nice flavors.....clean buzz. 

I'm digging the concentrate atomizer. After using the titanium bucket for a load or two I switched over to the quartz bucket. They behave pretty much the same. 

My other problem in evaluating this atomizer is that I keep switching-up between concentrates. I really have no base-line with which to evaluate the performance of the tool itself because the rig behaves differently with each type of concentrate. 

For example:

The High-Terpene extracts I have are very powerful when vaped at low-temp. When I say powerful, I mean like standing in an essential oils production facility. The "taste" hits all of the olfactory senses and you can set off quite a "sneezure" as a result. Eyes tearing - nose running - if you get carried away. 

The shatters and sugars are all very tasty and not quite as pungent. 

#84 morvis

morvis

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 216 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 08:56 AM

After a week with it, I really like this DC2 for the dry herbs.  I currently have it on TCR mode, with a value of 370, using temperature control at 370, and 33 watts.

I preheat holding the button until it times out  for long puff (10 seconds).  Then hold n take a few short draws, rather than one long continuous breath in.

The chamber holds about .2 or so grams but i found just a pinch of ground material, about .1 grams, works pretty well too.  I found that packing it more than just how it naturally packs putting a couple pinches in there causes a bit much restriction.  At first I would tamp it down just a little and I've gone to just not doing that at all.  3 or 4 button cycles gets a nice dark brown with no combustion.

Now I just need to get more batteries.

• Myc likes this

#85 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,488 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 May 2019 - 04:54 PM

I'm finding that jogging the fire button is the best way to go. 

Just like you said,......

One longer introductory or warm-up followed by shorter pulses once the vapor begins to roll - drawing air all the while. 

#86 Spark

Spark

OG

• Free Member
  • 842 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 07:11 PM

#ZKITTLES.
GRAPE APE X GRAPEFRUIT

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!