Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo

Microdosing Psilocybin and Tricyclic AD's?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 434 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 02:37 PM

Has anyone used Psilocybin whilst being treated with a tricyclic antidepressant?
From what I've read so far I gather it can potentiate the Psilocybin but I haven't found anything definitive regarding safety issues.
  • HalosarX likes this

#2 WeKnow

WeKnow

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 January 2019 - 04:27 PM

I know several people who do it and I suspect it just makes the benefits less pronounced. I'd be interested to learn about this too.

#3 MycoBabe

MycoBabe

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 86 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 10:02 PM

idk what kind of med I am on now, but I can definately tell you that my past psych meds did... It covered or blocked everything...and usually if i dose to check a strain, if it gets to be too mcuh, I can take a klonapin , and it kils it all 

#4 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 434 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 03:52 PM

I know several people who do it and I suspect it just makes the benefits less pronounced. I'd be interested to learn about this too.

It seems quite well documented that the SSRI type of antidepressants reduce the effects of psilocybin but I haven't found much on the interaction of trycyclic antidepressants and psilocybin other than one or two mentions of it increasing the effects of the psychedelic.

#5 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 434 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 03:54 PM

idk what kind of med I am on now, but I can definately tell you that my past psych meds did... It covered or blocked everything...and usually if i dose to check a strain, if it gets to be too mcuh, I can take a klonapin , and it kils it all

See above post re: SSRI's blocking/reducing effects.

Klonopin (clonazepam) is a benzodiazepine.

#6 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 434 posts

Posted 06 February 2019 - 03:57 PM

Anyone got any info on TRICYCLIC antidepressants and psilocybin?

Can anyone suggest a more appropriate sub board of Mycotopia for this topic? I suppose my question isn't microdosing specific.

Edited by Cuboid, 06 February 2019 - 03:57 PM.

#7 Cuboid

Cuboid

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 434 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 01:44 PM

Cautious guinea pig here. I've taken about 0.25g dry cubensis each day for last few days, aiming to get into habit of 5 days on 2 days off cycle.
My head hasn't exploded or anything so in terms of interaction with the Tricyclic meds it seems so far so good.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!