256 replies to this topic

#201 Ferather

Ferather

Mycological

• Free Member
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:24 AM

@Deleena24

The Cubensis I grew on paper + MG soluble plant fertilizer where also very solid, and fairly hard to cut.

They also bruised enough that it looked like you could paint with them as a paint brush.

I have also noticed the high spore load, which I guess is also good.

takingnotes.gif

----

Re-post for educational and illustrative purposes:

----

This is Cubensis Cambodian, spores direct to brown rice (not suggested), with a CaCO3 (calcium carbonate aka: chalk, lime) barrier.

It was very aggressive. The paper substrate, as above, is enriched with MG soluble plant (more than plants) nutrients.

The fruit body sample I took images of was a test sample, you can see it's density when split.

Cubensis CaCO3 - 2.jpg Cubensis CaCO3 - 3.jpg Cubensis CaCO3 - 4.jpg Cubensis CaCO3 - 5.jpg

Cubensis CaCO3 - 6.jpg Cubensis CaCO3 - 7.jpg Psilocybe Cubensis - 1.jpg Psilocybe Cubensis - 2.jpg

Psilocybe Cubensis - 3.jpg Psilocybe Cubensis - 4.jpg Psilocybe Cubensis - 5.jpg Psilocybe Cubensis - 6.jpg

----

I also put some CaCO3 chunks to 'plain' hydrated paper, which worked to some degree.

Cubensis CaCO3-Paper - 1.jpg Cubensis CaCO3-Paper - 2.jpg

----

MG-Nutrients.jpg

Edited by Ferather, 12 March 2019 - 09:04 AM.

#202 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 09:15 AM

That's fuckin cool. That is some deep blue in those pics. I picture you just like your avatar pic looks, all adderalled out doing crazy mycology experiments haha, kidding.

• Ferather likes this

#203 Ferather

Ferather

Mycological

• Free Member
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 09:35 AM

They where much stronger than 10-15g of fresh truffles, this was back when UK laws where different and I was 18 (lol).

I have ADHD and react differently to various substances, for example, I don't get high from Ritalin (Methylphenidate), but people without ADHD do (or can do).

The active materials also have a different effect, instead of visual hallucinations, I day dream with the ability to differentiate between the two.

It's likely a part of ADHD's hyperfocus, and in my case the hyperactivity goes to my brain rather than body (the brain spends a lot of energy, glucose).

Unfortunately I cannot spend too much time, and generally don't, with Illegal fungi, due to various reasons.

#204 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• VIP
  • 1,364 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:46 PM

I got dry weights for the clones. Sorry for lack of pics. My scale is small and the mushrooms large, so I had to weigh them in several small batches each.

Cracker dry weight for the PF clone on hpoo was about 35g, +/- half a gram.

Cracker dry weight for the PF clone on OMG was 34g, +/- half a gram.

So, even though they were grown with different subs at different temps, different sized fruits and different fresh density, both substrates produced a nearly identical amount of dried material.

What does everyone else get per flush in a shoebox dubtub? I average between 1 and 1.5oz cracker dry per flush for the ones I actually measure, and toss after 3 flushes. I assume that's pretty good, but I dont weigh many of my harvests so I'm not sure.

#205 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 01:17 PM

They where much stronger than 10-15g of fresh truffles, this was back when UK laws where different and I was 18 (lol).

I have ADHD and react differently to various substances, for example, I don't get high from Ritalin (Methylphenidate), but people without ADHD do (or can do).

The active materials also have a different effect, instead of visual hallucinations, I day dream with the ability to differentiate between the two.

It's likely a part of ADHD's hyperfocus, and in my case the hyperactivity goes to my brain rather than body (the brain spends a lot of energy, glucose).

Unfortunately I cannot spend too much time, and generally don't, with Illegal fungi, due to various reasons.

Ha, I was just going by your pic, that's what I look like if I take adderall or methylphen, or meth amph for that matter, but I do not have adhd. I get serious anxiety from uppers, except for mdma. I get anxious coming up on shrooms too byt that goes away after a while. I get perma anxiety fro micro dosing eeryday so I stopped that, but it totally boosted creativity and other things, ha, especially when I'd eat one too many. I wa just eating a couple freshies when I'd pick em before work, then I learned my lesson for that when things started getting wiggly..

#206 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 05:23 AM

I got dry weights for the clones. Sorry for lack of pics. My scale is small and the mushrooms large, so I had to weigh them in several small batches each.

Cracker dry weight for the PF clone on hpoo was about 35g, +/- half a gram.

Cracker dry weight for the PF clone on OMG was 34g, +/- half a gram.

So, even though they were grown with different subs at different temps, different sized fruits and different fresh density, both substrates produced a nearly identical amount of dried material.

What does everyone else get per flush in a shoebox dubtub? I average between 1 and 1.5oz cracker dry per flush for the ones I actually measure, and toss after 3 flushes. I assume that's pretty good, but I dont weigh many of my harvests so I'm not sure.

That sounds about right, I think the smallest I have gotten from a 6 qt dub setup is ~20 grams cracker dry(B+), and the most was about ~40g(burma) from  a single flush.

#207 Ferather

Ferather

Mycological

• Free Member
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:48 AM

:thumbs_up:

#208 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• VIP
  • 1,364 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:00 PM

I posted in another thread how I contaminated the PEU tub, but here is what I managed to salvage. If the tub was healthy, I bet these would have been much larger. Some of these were even clone worthy. This thing was ripe, though, all the way.

For ray and Pete, your discussion of LCs in our convos leads me to lost this pic. This is how mine look with that premade mix after about a week. I LOVE the stuff. Already tested clean, too.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190314_184655.jpg
  • 20190314_183431.jpg

• raymycoto likes this

#209 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:17 PM

...that premade mix after about a week. I LOVE the stuff. Already tested clean, too.

Premade LC?

#210 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• VIP
  • 1,364 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 March 2019 - 10:00 PM

It's a powdered mix I bought from a vendor. I prep and PC it myself. Dont know how to post pics in private messages so I did it here.

The vendor does sell jars of prepped LC ready to innoculate, though. LOL

#211 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 08:53 AM

Yeah I like the LC jars that the vendors sell with the 3" 'LC' needle, and I'd figure the pre-made LC would be great from certain vendors.

I have a few of those needles i ordered from a med supplier online, they're somewhere around here but I can't find em damnit. Those things seem like they would tear up an rtv silicone port, since they are usually blunt tipped and 14-16 g.

Edited by Billcoz, 15 March 2019 - 08:54 AM.

#212 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• VIP
  • 1,364 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 March 2019 - 11:40 AM

Yeah I like the LC jars that the vendors sell with the 3" 'LC' needle, and I'd figure the pre-made LC would be great from certain vendors.

I have a few of those needles i ordered from a med supplier online, they're somewhere around here but I can't find em damnit. Those things seem like they would tear up an rtv silicone port, since they are usually blunt tipped and 14-16 g.

I have a bunch of those long, thick, blunt tipped syringes meant for LC, but I never use them. I, too feel as they would damage the SHIP, and regular 18guage needles work fine for sucking up LC for me.

#213 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 06:14 AM

I have a bunch of those long, thick, blunt tipped syringes meant for LC, but I never use them. I, too feel as they would damage the SHIP, and regular 18guage needles work fine for sucking up LC for me.

Yeah, I use these little slt & pepper shaker jars for LC and the 1 1/2" needles reach far enough down to suck it up fine if I tilt it a little.

#214 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 1,991 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 March 2019 - 10:49 AM

Reminds me of one the vendors years ago who use to cut the points off spore syringes. They were horrible! Never understood the point( or lack of it).
  • RutgerHauer likes this

#215 bezevo

bezevo

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 504 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 March 2019 - 12:40 PM

if you have a bench grinder you can put a nice point on one of those blunt application needles in about 5 seconds .

just say'n  heh

#216 DanceOfBliss

DanceOfBliss

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 88 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 05:27 PM

I am currently drilling holes in a dub tub. I’m using a half inch drill bit. How many holes should I put on the top and bottom?

#217 raymycoto

raymycoto

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 467 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 March 2019 - 06:20 PM

18 ga spinal needles are a common product. 16 ga would be better but I've never seen them in a medical facility. Ebay, however, has some deals on long, large ga needles. I'll have to look and see that I got. I believe I found 16 ga long ones but they were indeed blunt! I tend to use the flow hood and just open my jars but would be great to use a SHIP. Yeah, 16 ga might mess up a SHIP thru the coring action of the needle. 18 ga is fairly atraumatic ot the SHIP but can clog a bit during aspiration of LC.

#218 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• VIP
  • 1,364 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 March 2019 - 09:34 AM

Now that I have a flowhood it feels so damn weird doing things in open air. I feel like I'm cheating.
  • raymycoto likes this

#219 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 18 March 2019 - 02:53 AM

Reminds me of one the vendors years ago who use to cut the points off spore syringes. They were horrible! Never understood the point( or lack of it).

I know why, because idiots like me stick themselves with the needle sometimes lol, HURTS SO BAD! Still though, it does suck to tear up the ship.

#220 Bobotrank

Bobotrank

Mycophiliac

• VIP
  • 72 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 01:03 PM

*Pulling up chair*

I’m only on page 5 but the amount of notes I’ve taken is remarkable. Great thread.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!