• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 JACKOLANTERN

JACKOLANTERN

puking unicorn

• Free Member
  • 79 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 06:28 PM

I have been in this for a long while and I have dealt with side pins before, black trash bags etc, but this strain for some reason pins early and does it mostly on the sides. This time on the bottom too. there are 2 patches of sub that are not fully colonized. Should I fruit into another large tub or wait. I must say this I don't post much due to important reasons. I am a disabled combat vet and Mushrooms are my go to for depression, PTSD, Migraines and cancer musculoskeletal pain from OIF. I was blown up by pretty significant IED's. I do understand that the optimal spaces between the plastic and light induce fruiting from optimal conditions. This is a clone and the original did the same thing in aluminum tins lined with clear plastic. I am starting to think its just the strain which btw I love very much. I have APE in the same conditions and they are not doing this. Both were put to substrate the same time. Same formula 40 coir 40 straw 20 verm. a dash of lime and both cased late.bottom pin.jpg bottom pins.jpg bottom unc.jpg cor with cor.jpg side unc.jpg sidepin.jpg wider view cor.jpg

#2 JACKOLANTERN

JACKOLANTERN

puking unicorn

• Free Member
  • 79 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 06:30 PM

I know some people don't like corumba's body load but I have not found it to be a problem. Just need some constructive help.

#3 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,308 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 December 2018 - 08:18 PM

The best solution that I have found for strains that are notorious for side pinning is to not induce fruiting yourself but rather put them in fruiting mode when they tell you they are ready. Basically, leave them sealed up until you see pins all over. It doesn't eliminate side pins but it will help get more from the top.

You may have done this already. Yeah don't take that out of the tub it's in unless it finishes colonizing. That uncolonized area will contam quicker than you know if you expose it.

Edited by coorsmikey, 29 December 2018 - 08:23 PM.

• JACKOLANTERN likes this

#4 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 03:20 AM

I agree that, at least the cubes I've done, sometimes it doesn't matter if you use a black, even heavy duty plastic liner, they will grow from all the way in the middle and squeeze their way out.

The better the conditions in the FC the less it will choose to pin and grow from the bottom where the most moisture is at, instead it should want to knot up and pin where the FAE and evepping is happening.

I have had tubs show this, and gave up on the plastic liner this past grow, but I don't like the thought of fruits rotting because they can't get out(don't know if it happens).

#5 JACKOLANTERN

JACKOLANTERN

puking unicorn

• Free Member
  • 79 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 10:08 AM

The best solution that I have found for strains that are notorious for side pinning is to not induce fruiting yourself but rather put them in fruiting mode when they tell you they are ready. Basically, leave them sealed up until you see pins all over. It doesn't eliminate side pins but it will help get more from the top.

You may have done this already. Yeah don't take that out of the tub it's in unless it finishes colonizing. That uncolonized area will contam quicker than you know if you expose it.

Its like an exploded beanbag chair on the sides and bottom this morning and many more pins forming everywhere. I will just let it rest and do what its going to do. I do love this strain and I have noticed it fruits slower in comparison to others.Thanks for the advice, Much appreciated.

• Billcoz likes this

#6 PinkMenace

PinkMenace

Psychochump

• VIP
  • 819 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 03:07 AM

Side pins are great https://mycotopia.ne...ures/?p=1353920

#7 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• Free Member
  • 1,378 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 January 2019 - 11:13 AM

You tell em, Pink!

Attached Thumbnails

• 20181104_001950.jpg
  • 20181104_001909.jpg

#8 JACKOLANTERN

JACKOLANTERN

puking unicorn

• Free Member
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 01:34 PM

Well I do thank you all for your help I did go ahead and flip it anyway and it blew up pretty good. I capped the uncolonized areas with gardening lime. Yes gardening lime is what you see on the areas of the cake that did not get any myc growing on them and I used its ability to harden like concrete by misting it with a little water and sealing it in. Its still porous enough though to allow some gas exchange. So here it is. My Corumba clone. I cloned a stubby fat fruit that was not very big but pretty potent and they all turned out stubby and potent. I was not going for giants. Just nice clusters and fair sized fruits. They grow slowly too which is probably why they are decently strong.

cb7.jpg cb6.jpg cb3.jpg ccbb4.jpg ccbb5.jpg ccbb7.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• ccbb1.jpg
  • ccbb3.jpg
  • ccbb6.jpg

• Billcoz likes this

#9 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:29 AM

Nice pix!

#10 JACKOLANTERN

JACKOLANTERN

puking unicorn

• Free Member
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 11:20 AM

Nice pix!

Thanks!

#11 JACKOLANTERN

JACKOLANTERN

puking unicorn

• Free Member
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 09:46 AM

Update. The clone was considerably stronger in potency than the original. Yay for cloning.

• Deleena24 likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!