• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Fare8

Fare8

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 04:32 AM

Hey everyone, I have a question I need to ask you. Is it relatively safe to inoculate without a glove box. Basicaly, i used the PC and did everything right up to the inoculation where i just opened the vendors needle quickly for first time without sterilizing in the middle of my room. No breath protection gloves or GB. I didnt touch anything. I thougt the incubation was where you need to protect from germs not injection phase. What are the chances of contamination? The vendor flamed the needle as well im sure. Thanks.
  • Skywatcher likes this

#2 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• App Administrator
  • 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 December 2018 - 09:40 AM

Howdy and welcome

what type of inoculation did you do?  PF Tek style jars or bulk grain?

• Fare8 likes this

#3 Fare8

Fare8

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 11:10 AM

Hey thanks man. I used PF tek.

#4 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• App Administrator
  • 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 December 2018 - 12:02 PM

so with PF Tek if you just uncapped the syringe and then inoculated the cakes through the hole in the lid through the vermiculite layer you still should be ok. 

If the room was fairly clean and If the syringe was made well in clean conditions shortcuts like that can still be somewhat successful.  but if you want to have more shot at success and an easier path to more advanced cultivation teks you might as well get the habbit down now. 

just fyi you have one more post and then you change to a free member.  then you can post in all of the other forums.  

#5 Fare8

Fare8

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 01:08 PM

Thank you for the info. Will post pics if all goes well.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!