Cultivating the ps. cyans was simple, but it took maybe 15 months to fruit. I think I planted in around August 2016, first fruits (that I noticed) were not till October 2018.
How I did it was thus; Multi spore syringe (bought from the internet) into a spawn bag of rye berries, which took quite a long time to colonize, a few months.
This was then broken into some wood chips that I bought from the reptile section of a pet shop. They come in a thick plastic bag. I'm not sure but I think they might sterilize them. I soaked the chips in water, in the bag, for a day or so before adding the colonized rye berries. They colonized the chips way quicker than the rye berries. I later added more chips, and mixed them all up in a bin liner, which I put into a wooden box maybe 1'x1'x1'. That was in mid spring, and before long I basically had a square foot block of mycelium. I then transferred the block of mycelium to an area under some rose bushes in my new garden. Easy peasy. I broke it up a good bit before doing so, and planted it in two main patches.
Over all, I'm happy with the results, but there are three things I would do differently.
1. I would have spread the mycelium thinner, just a few mm thick, very lightly cased with soil/leaf litter. As I did it, I left the mycelium in quite large deep blocks, 6" deep, maybe more. I think this was a mistake because, as I understand it, the fungus fruits when it feels the need to "jump ship", or release spores in search of new habitat. This may be wrong, but when my patch fruited, it was in a definite "fairy ring" around the main clump of mycelium, which would support my theory, circumstantially anyway. I think in the wild they probably only colonize the very topmost stratum of lignin bearing litter (or whatever it is these suckers eat), and this more precarious degree of colonization may give rise to the carpet like fruiting patterns I enviously observe in pictures of ps. cyans I see on the internet, rather than the fairy ring I ended up with.
Okay, I'm boring myself again...
2. I moved a significant portion of mycelium from the second of the two main patches, with which to innoculate an unrelated location. That patch did not fruit at all. I don't think it was very happy about losing part of itself, hopefully it will recover.
3. As next autumn approaches I will make sure to put up some netting or something to protect the patches from cats shitting on them. The neighbourhood cats seemed to observe me showing an interest in this area of our garden, and of course started a poo campaign against it. Luckily it was after almost all of the mushrooms had been harvested. They also know that I am a dog person, and I don't like cats. I'm sure this gave them added incentive and pleasure to shit all over my mushroom patch.