• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Samwise

Samwise

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 81 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 02:51 PM

So last week I had the good fortune to experience P. azurescens for the first time with my girlfriend, and my mum had a session where we sat for her the following afternoon...WOWZA!!! It was consumed in the form of a chocolate, also imbued with lion's mane mushroom (for proposed synergistic neurogenic effects) and mono atomic gold (personally sceptical of the claims made about the latter). Setting was a cosy bedroom environment with candles, incense and a specially selected psilocybin playlist. We each ate 2/3 of a chocolate, which is equivalent to around 2.5 of dry Azurescens mushrooms.  What amazing mushrooms...completely distinct and unlike any other mushroom I've ever had, and I'm a pretty well travelled psilonaut... This experience for me was very interesting...much more fast paced than my usual mushroom experiences, and much more electric feeling. The peak came on disconcertingly quickly after I first started to feel effects, and the speed and driving electric intensity of its onset was very different to other mushroom experiences I've had previously and it caught me off guard, for 10 mins or so I really felt like I had bitten off more than I could chew, which I've not really experienced with mushrooms before. These mushrooms didn't feel earthy in the way all my past mushroom experiences have done...these were experienced on a more cosmic, transpersonal level. It reminded me of a more light filled DPT or DMT experience in some respects during the peak (while very much having its own character), given this high speed, high vibrational electric intensity...very colourful and light filled, with a lot of rainbows and very visionary, including powerful open eye visuals, which I don't always get strongly with mushrooms, my journeys are often more internally visionary. Once things settled down a bit, I found myself in a supremely exalted, blissful, majestic state of bemushroomed consciousness, it really didn't feel 'earthy' in the way mushrooms usually do, I remember remarking I couldn't believe that these came from the Earth...I was in a bejewelled and very golden realm that was regal and resplendent (not sure how much my knowledge of the monoatomic gold factored in, but this was experienced by my mum and girlfriend on these mushrooms to), very sensual, and had a spiritual kundalini-esque feeling, with lots of bodily vibrational and electrical feelings in my hands...it was a physical experience while at the same time feeling clean and easy on the body.

Interestingly, there was very little personal content, shadow or inner work as all three of us have experienced previously with high dose P. cubensis trips...these mushrooms seem to take one to realms beyond that and were experienced by all of us as being much more benign, positive, nurturing and cosmic feeling than P. cubensis. It was also interesting to note that the Imperial College psilocybin-depression 'psilodep2' playlist...such a fundamental part of previous P. cubensis experiences...had little effect on us in this state, and only some songs caught our interest or attention. So perhaps there are better mushroom species for inner work, yet at the same time it is nice to be able to reap the benefits of a psilocybin defrag without having to go through something gruelling. In previous P. cubensis session we would be prone to lying down with eye shades...in these experiences the eye shades never made it on, although there was some much enjoyed closed eyes time. In spite of the lack of personal inner work, we rocked/are rocking a great afterglow, which seems to occur irrespective of one's degree of inner work, it seems more physiological in origin. My girlfriend is a therapist who works with psilocybin, and for her this was a unique experience, in that all of her previous psilocybin experiences (almost all with P. cubensis) have been very challenging and often dark in character. I had said she may find that different species have different characters and experiential effects, but she was sceptical until she experienced the Azurescens...this was her first time experiencing a truly blissful, exalted, cosmic and transpersonal experience with psilocybin, and she likened to a similar very profound and positive San Pedro cactus experience she had a number of years ago.

I know some people hold the view that there is no difference in experiential qualities between different mushroom species, a view I have to say I find rather odd, and feel is likely down to a lack of experience with the various different species. P. azurescens, as well as being the most potent magic mushroom species known (at least on average), also contains high levels of psilocybin analog baeocystin. Beyond one or two bioassays with the latter substance, there has been no human research using it, and talking to psychedelic pharmacologist Prof. David Nicholls, he states that it has different receptor affinities than psilocybin, leading one to suspect it likely has distinct effects...so its presence alongside the psilocin/psilocybin may well modulate the experience, and I suspect varying quantities and proportions of alkaloids like this, norbaeocystin and other tryptophan derivatives and psilocybin precursors occurring among the different species are likely what give rise to the commonly perceived differences in experiential qualities between them. All three of us experienced P. azurescens to feel remarkably different in character to any previous P. cubensis experiences. So if people are curious to explore this for themselves, I would encourage them to ingest other species...there is definitely more to the mushroom world than P. cubensis. I look forward to experiencing this mushroom again, but I feel I'll be content having a lower dose next time, they may feel benign but their power is definitely worthy of respect!! Has anyone else experienced these and noticed any differences? :biggrin:

Edited by Samwise, 05 January 2019 - 04:22 PM.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher, swayambhu and 1 other like this

#2 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,657 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:27 AM

nice write up

a psilocybin defrag   

nice turn of phrase   :)

• Samwise likes this

#3 swayambhu

swayambhu

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 04:48 PM

Ace write up, I always enjoy your thoughtful reflections.

Any thoughts on Ps. Azurescens' similarity / dissimilarity of effect to Ps. Cyanescens?

I have a patch of cyanescens in my garden, I've just started trying them out. Very different from the semilanceata that I'm used to, but it's too early to say whether that is just down to normal fluctuations in individual mushroom chemistry and/or set/setting.

I've read on the various forums that azurescens are not very giving of themselves when it comes to fruiting in cultivated patches.

Edited by swayambhu, 06 January 2019 - 04:49 PM.

• Samwise likes this

#4 Samwise

Samwise

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 81 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 05:03 PM

Thanks dude. Yes I've had a few experiences with P. cyanescens and I rate them highly...a much cleaner, clearer, higher order experience than P. cubensis in my experience. I have a feeling the ones I stumbled across a few winters ago pretty much a stone's throw from my front door by chance were a little degraded by the time I find them (it was December time, snowing, and they were definitely a little past it I think) or perhaps they are not as potent as their American kin. But P. azurescens felt quite distinctly different, they seemed a fair bit more potent, and there was this physical, high vibrational/electric feeling to them I didn't experience with P. cyanescens...the latter induced deeply serene and primarily inner closed eye experiences, whereas the Azurescens had this driving electrical high speed intensity that seemed unqiue to it, and there was much more open eye visual activity. Again, this could largely be down to the potency of my Cyanescens. Someone I know on the DMT Nexus thought that P. azurescens to P. semilanceata had some similarities in experiential qualities, he didn't know that both species contain high amounts and proportions of baeocystin...perhaps it is this that is partly responsible for the differences I felt between them. It will be interesting to explore Azurescens more and see how consistent they are in character.

I actually inoculated some grain/sawdust jars today with some colonised Azurescens woodchips...the Azurescens I sampled was UK grown, so I know it can be done it here which inspired me to give it a proper go. I'm also trying to establish an outdoor bed of Cyanescens, so as not to have all my eggs in one basket.

• swayambhu likes this

#5 swayambhu

swayambhu

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 05:18 PM

The cyanescens I put in were very easy, but did take two seasons to fruit. I think i should have spread the colonzed chips more thinly and more "linearly", so to speak, by which I mean mine fruited in a fairy ring around a big thick clump of mycelium/colonized chips, whereas if I'd spread them out more theu may have fruited more plentifully all across the bed. That's my theory anyway. 

I will have to try my hand at azurescens, no reason not to really. Were the ones you had dried? It seems that cyanescens lose a good bit of poke from drying.

• Samwise likes this

#6 Samwise

Samwise

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 81 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 06:14 PM

Cool, well that's good to know...it would be nice to establish an outdoor bed of one woodlover species. That's good to know regarding the colonused chip application. And yes my Azurescens were dried...I think my dosage was around the 2.5g and that was very potent, even considering loss of poke from drying.

• swayambhu likes this

#7 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,438 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:16 PM

I may be mistaken but I think the baeocystins are oxidized and null and void in the dried fruits, and the fresh ones are much more "electrical" for that reason. That being said, the woodlovers like cyans and azures and ovoids are without a doubt an entirely different experience than cubensis. I have never felt like cubensis are all the same, and just the opposite, I find them as different strain to strain as different kinds of pot in their differing effects on my psych.

I found some like the treasure coast and Golden Teachers and Orissa Indian strains to be very spiritual and cerebral and uplifting to my soul, while Blue Meanies and Penis Envy were right out of the dark side consistently coming on with stress and anxiety and having to ride that out for a couple hours before the beautiful blissful part starts to set in and some are just bland in comparison. These experiences seem to be fairly consistent in my experiences as far as enjoying one strain over the other goes with cubensis. 

I absolutely love the experience of the woodlovers though hands down over the cubies and would take them every time if I could. I spent a lot of time this year looking because I truly want to have some mushrooms in my life, but alas it was not meant to be. Found lots of edibles, just none that were the kind I was looking for. That was very frustrating because even though some are being found still, I have yet to see a single one. I know someday I will find that motherlode though so I will keep on trying. I found the buzz from them to be like a cross between LSD and DMT, with electric lazer lights moving in my field of vision and that bejewelled thing you discussed to be like seeing God's color pallete. He has some great colors to paint with!

Glad you enjoyed that experience and thank you for taking the time to share it with us. 

• Samwise likes this

#8 Samwise

Samwise

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 02:45 PM

Thanks for sharing, I'm glad it resonated, it does seem like woodlovers are pretty special as mushrooms go, in a league of their own...or at least they seem to have their own vibe going. But I think this applies to all the various mushroom species, but the Azurescens experience really surprised in me in how unearthly and different and distinct it felt in character to any previous mushroom experience I've ever had previously (and I'm not lacking in experience!). To dramatically increase the odds of me finding some woodlovers, I'm going to inoculate outdoor woodchip beds in my garden with both P. cyanescens and P. azurescens.

I found the buzz from them to be like a cross between LSD and DMT, with electric lazer lights moving in my field of vision and that bejewelled thing you discussed to be like seeing God's color pallete. He has some great colors to paint with!

100%! Somewhere between LSD and DMT or DPT is how I first described it to my girlfriend during the experience, due to the driving electric feel and very colourful and bejeweled visual realms encountered.

Edited by Samwise, 07 January 2019 - 02:46 PM.

• Coopdog likes this

#9 Mushinist

Mushinist

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 03:07 PM

Sam, I never was able to get an answer from the other site, but did you start from a print/ syringe or do you have a wild sample of myc on chips that you are preparing to expand. I have a syringe of these on the way friend and will get started soon ; )
  • Coopdog likes this

#10 Samwise

Samwise

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 81 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 06:20 PM

Sam, I never was able to get an answer from the other site, but did you start from a print/ syringe or do you have a wild sample of myc on chips that you are preparing to expand. I have a syringe of these on the way friend and will get started soon ; )

Hey dude, so I ordered an Azurescens print (not sure if I can mention sources, but from a vendor whose name has something to do with a bird of prey and an eye)...the spores have germinated well on agar, only inoculated it 9 days ago, and they're ready to go...going to make up some LC with this in the next day or two, I've heard woodlovers do well in LC and I feel this could provide a major boost to establishing an outdoor bed...I did hear an unconfirmed tale of mycologist Paul Stamets conducting guerrilla inoculations on woodchip beds via a super soaker water pistol filled with woodlover LC). Then I found a site in the Netherlands offering little bags of pre-colonised Azurescens mycelium woodchips for surprisingly cheap, I figured this would give me a big head start, so I used this to inoculate 8 litre jars of oats/sawdust, and already they're colonising).

All the best with your grow dude! Feel free to keep in touch about it, I'd be interested to see how things unfold, and always just holler if you want to chat shizzle!  :smile:

• Coopdog and Mushinist like this

#11 Mushinist

Mushinist

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:03 PM

Hey dude, so I ordered an Azurescens print (not sure if I can mention sources, but from a vendor whose name has something to do with a bird of prey and an eye)

All the best with your grow dude! Feel free to keep in touch about it, I'd be interested to see how things unfold, and always just holler if you want to chat shizzle!  :smile:

Thanks Sam, and yeah I'm not sure on that either but I don't think its THE anymore, lol. Good to know though because mine is from same place probably.

I never thought about using LC to boost the chips, thanks for the tip it'll be heavily considered and/or employed! I will definitely keep you updated on my outdoor beds this year. Wish you the best with yours, and thanks for the input!
  • Samwise likes this

#12 Samwise

Samwise

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 81 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:12 PM

Lol right you are dude! Former THE/bird of prey eye.. But yes I'm really happy with the prints, impressed how vigorous the Azurescens mycelium seems to be and how rapidly the spores germinated. Don Shadow whom has taught me a lot recommended the woodlover LC...LC has really kicked my grow game up a few notches, and I have a feeling it could mesh particularly well with woodlover growing, they apparently do well in LC and I'm keen to experiment. A nice Azurescens LC recipe can be found here:

https://mycotopia.ne...e-spawn-fruits/

Good luck & Godspeed!  :smile:

• Mushinist likes this

#13 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 12,765 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 January 2019 - 07:18 PM

When you get fruits, you'll have stem butts.  

• Samwise likes this

#14 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,438 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted Today, 02:38 AM

(Raises hand) When you guys get good mycellium or LC going could I possibly get a start? I had a start a couple of years ago and did not find what it needed to make it, and put it out where I had some cotton wood and alders taken down on some old rotting wood,  but it looks like it never took. If I were to have another chance, I would buy bags of Alder chips and make a large bed and do it right. Not sure if it is even allowed to bring this up in public and if it is not then mods please delete this post and no hard feelings. I know I am in a climate where they thrive I just have to put in the effort and follow through to make it happen and I will. :) 

#15 Mushinist

Mushinist

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 31 posts

Posted Today, 07:55 AM

I will, if you're in the states. Spores wouldn't matter but a live culture through customs may not be a good idea.
  • Coopdog likes this

#16 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,438 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted Today, 01:51 PM

Yep, in the states and I agree

#17 Mushinist

Mushinist

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 31 posts

Posted Today, 01:54 PM

I will get with you coop as soon as I'm going!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!