5 replies to this topic

#1 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• VIP
  • 1,355 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 January 2019 - 01:50 PM

I'm going to send a print to someone in Canada, and I am in the US.

When I searched online, I got conflicting answers, but google itself says it would be like 85 cents for the first ounce or something, then something like 1.45 for every 3 more ounces...

Anyways its Sunday and I needed stamps, so I went to Jewel-Osco and the guy at the service desk says just 1 of the forever stamps I bought will do it. I'd normally not trust him, but this service desk is also a mini FedEx, so his opinion goes way up in value.

The book of 12 stamps (he mentioned theres only 10 in a book, which is what I bought bc that's all they sell, but 12 is what I got) cost me $10. Normally, when I buy stamps from the post office I get 10 stamps for $5. I guess forever stamps are more, or the store just charges extra, I dunno.

Anyways, can anyone confirm that ONE forever stamp will be sufficient for sending an envelope to Canada? Will 1 REGULAR 50cent stamp work?

If not, how many stamps should suffice? Either regular 50cent stamps or Forever Stamps, I have both apparently.
  • Rantrapr and Sanarc like this

#2 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,405 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 January 2019 - 03:03 PM

Is your peace of mind worth an extra .50 cents?

My strategy has always been:

If in doubt, use two stamps. So I lost .50 cents every now and again. I'll raid the couch cushions more often. 

Edited by Myc, 06 January 2019 - 03:03 PM.

#3 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• VIP
  • 1,355 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 January 2019 - 03:16 PM

Is your peace of mind worth an extra .50 cents?

My strategy has always been:
If in doubt, use two stamps. So I lost .50 cents every now and again. I'll raid the couch cushions more often.

Good point. I'm just worried it might take 3 or 4...

It's Sunday, so I'll just go to the post office in the morning and confirm before I drop it in a mailbox. Im sure nobody will mind waiting an extra day for a free print.
  • Myc likes this

#4 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 5,852 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 January 2019 - 05:39 PM

I've always bought international stamps for $1.15 ea. They work for letters size mail to any country. UK, Africa, Australia you name it. Not sure if thats overkill for Canada but its what the nice girl at the post office told me.

https://www.usps.com...ternational.htm

Affordable International Service

First-Class Mail International® is the most affordable mail class for sending postcards, letters, and flats to Canada and over 190 other countries.

Global Forever® Stamps

Use Global Forever stamps to send letters or postcards weighing up to 1 oz anywhere in the world. Forever stamps are sold at the current 1 oz rate, but they don't expire even if the stamp price goes up. Global Forever stamps are available online at The Postal Store® and Post Offices.

Stamp Prices

564504-T0.jpg

• Deleena24 likes this

#5 FilzShroom

FilzShroom

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 01:55 PM

Taken from Canada post

U.S.A. Stamp:

$1.20 0-30 g    $1.80 30-50 g    $2.95 50-100 g

#6 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• VIP
  • 1,355 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:35 PM

I asked at the post office and they said mine would be $1.20, so it required 3 stamps. So ty Filz you were right.

I'm lucky I didnt listen to that Fed Ex guy.
  • Myc likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!