#1 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 12,762 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 January 2019 - 08:34 PM

Some things to keep in awareness while we, as these humans continue:   

I don't want to see arguments and division over details here.   If any part of what's posted bears consideration, please take that part to heart.   If we can agree on parts, let's discuss these. 

In my years, I have seen many changes, and foremost in my heart, what has become of the quality of life within my seeing has not generally improved.   Many pressures have forced changes, and these changes have been to the benefit of very few. Even these benefits are questionable, seen from my perspective.   The few will not ultimately benefit from their perceived sources of benefit.   Things as they are cannot sustain, and we are very likely to see things take a turn very soon.  

How will we see our place in what is to unfold when precarious systems can no longer endure?   This thread is for that discussion.

Why It’s Time To Think About Human Extinction
Dr. David Suzuki

[Direct Link]

• DonShadow and Sikfreud like this

#2 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,410 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 January 2019 - 01:17 AM

It will take me a few days to get through this, but I will get through it and post.

• Alder Logs likes this

#3 DonShadow

DonShadow

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 191 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 01:18 AM

"I believe that nature has many many more surprises." - Bingo.

I suspect that if there is a key, it will be found in the escape from memetic behavior and reunion with the soul. We are far too dumb to figure it out on our own.

• coorsmikey and Alder Logs like this

#4 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,436 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 January 2019 - 03:09 AM

Long video, care to paraphrase it some?

#5 treign

treign

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 198 posts

Donator

Posted 07 January 2019 - 03:43 AM

In my life it seems, "Doom" has always been eminent,

or lurking just around the corner. 

Nevermore so than now. Because the internet has away

of bringing it Front and Center for all to see and dwell on.

Personally I am ready for this, I am sick of the direction 

this planet is going. When i hear we are all in this together

or we are as one. All i can say is are you enjoying the ride 

to hell. There are far to many in it for themselves people 

on this bus and the ones diving aint slow down for shit.

• Alder Logs likes this

#6 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 12,762 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 January 2019 - 01:35 PM

Long video, care to paraphrase it some?

I think it's worth the hour. 

I got to meet David Suzuki about thirty years ago when I was motorcycling around the west looking for fellow Earth-First! types.  Someone in Nelson, BC, directed me to go to New Denver to hear DS speak that very night. 

The next day I found myself sitting the barricades to stop the clearcutting of a pristine watershed and DS joined us there for a few hours (that logging contract was stopped — but only because of political reasons, not environmental considerations, we had saved a rich, well known, person's water quality).   I had some ideas I wanted to bounce off him in regards to my zero-point energy interests.   Because he is the academician he is, that was pissin' into the wind.   But here in that video, he presents a viewpoint in regards to the natural environment, that if only partly accurate, informs us of where we might stand.   Doom and gloom, granted, it is a call to not give up.

#7 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,410 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 January 2019 - 04:08 PM

It was a good video. I was actually able to sit through it in one sitting, which is not normally the case for me. I cannot even make through a movie without pausing for a break. It really is a shame that the world has become so "Stuff" oriented. I cannot stand clutter and am pretty disturbed by the acquisition of things being more important than our planet. There is just no reasoning with people anymore.

• Sikfreud likes this

#8 illigitimateJester

illigitimateJester

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 352 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:34 AM

Once you realize that you are god and that anything you think can and will be eventually manifested.....you start to look at people as just meat bags......bags of puss and blood and bones and most of them don't know how to use that thing in their head that we call a brain.    I view people as amoeba.  sluggish things sliding around on this planet doing god knows what for whatever reason because most have lost touch with reality.....we think this is real, this society, it's not.  

Our place on this earth is not natural, we are the only thing here that does not make sense. We are the aliens. Perhaps a cancer.....who knows.   I know that I focus my thoughts and energies on bettering the planet. I have a hemp farm I'm starting and beyond that, the profits will be dumped into the legalization of psychedelics.   Not because everyone should be taking them, but because if enough people do, perhaps we can change this insane society that we deem as normal to something a little more feasible......Things are not the way they have to be.  know that.....

Happy trails, get off the computer and do something.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!