• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Drdour145

Drdour145

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 12:20 AM

I had a flush come through picked that flush and had some spores come out since I plucked them a little late and then this happened to the pins that were growing c2b9f46dac7639b73a410b177f40c1ae.jpg38350d0cdca39ca35bc8a0c47f878eda.jpgbcd9d0ab63c068d64746ed8ba546c88e.jpgdc72e2e11a76155cb43fa00f25e77030.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
  • Cuboid likes this

#2 Drdour145

Drdour145

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 12:21 AM

I appreciate any advice, tips or comments posted

#3 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,410 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 January 2019 - 01:15 AM

Needs a dunk. Not enough moisture to sustain growth and makes their feet fluff out like that searching for moisture.. 

• Drdour145 likes this

#4 Drdour145

Drdour145

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 01:41 AM

Needs a dunk. Not enough moisture to sustain growth and makes their feet fluff out like that searching for moisture..

I'm still very new to this whole thing, still a bit of a newbie. Is it like a water dunk? Or in another fluid? Is there a certain duration it should be dunked? A certain temperature? If you would be willing to elaborate or point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it!!

#5 MysticalMyco

MysticalMyco

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 252 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 02:48 AM

If your going the dunk route then you can either fill up a 5 gallon bucket or some sort of water tight plastic storage container with cool water. Then you litterally put you mycellium cakes in there for an hour or two to rehydrate the cakes. It shouldn't fall apart they are usually like rubber at that point unless your really rough with it. If they do fall apart it will usually he into two chunks...

Then you take the cake and roll it in whatever your casing layer is like you did in the beginning.
  • Drdour145 likes this

#6 Turdly81

Turdly81

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 279 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 08:27 AM

Hey I didnt know that! I get fuzzy feet a lot
  • Drdour145 likes this

#7 Billcoz

Billcoz

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 635 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 09:03 AM

If your going the dunk route then you can either fill up a 5 gallon bucket or some sort of water tight plastic storage container with cool water. Then you litterally put you mycellium cakes in there for an hour or two to rehydrate the cakes. It shouldn't fall apart they are usually like rubber at that point unless your really rough with it. If they do fall apart it will usually he into two chunks...

Then you take the cake and roll it in whatever your casing layer is like you did in the beginning.

I think it's a tub or tray, I see a liner in the pi. I like to dunk in the tub, cuz it's way easy to break bulk subs. Nowadays I "float" it, but you can weigh it down to submerge it. I like to let the water rinse off the spore mess as much as possible.

• Drdour145 likes this

#8 Drdour145

Drdour145

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 10:01 AM

Yeah I have mine inside of tubs at the moment I didn't make cakes

#9 Deleena24

Deleena24

Pothead

• VIP
  • 827 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 01:30 PM

That's one cause. They say fuzzy feet is caused by not enough FAE. Its prob a bit of both.
  • Drdour145 likes this

#10 Drdour145

Drdour145

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 03:19 PM

I think it's a tub or tray, I see a liner in the pi. I like to dunk in the tub, cuz it's way easy to break bulk subs. Nowadays I "float" it, but you can weigh it down to submerge it. I like to let the water rinse off the spore mess as much as possible.
Should I still put some casing on top after dunking? I'm going to dunk them in a bit and see how it goes haha

#11 onediadem

onediadem

Insidious Drivel

• OG VIP
  • 14,410 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 January 2019 - 04:02 PM

That's one cause. They say fuzzy feet is caused by not enough FAE. Its prob a bit of both.

Yes, that is another cause for fluffy feet, however, I was talking about these. You can see that they are drying out by their color and have stopped growing, which makes them search for moisture in the air by fuzzing out at the base. When the mushrooms are still growing and look normal and this happens, it is from lack of fae. Two separate issues.

• Deleena24 likes this

#12 Turdly81

Turdly81

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 279 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 04:52 PM

Well I didnt know that either. Lol

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!